1. Skullmaster4

Skullmaster4 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Hypixel Danganronpa 3! I'll be hosting this one, @Astatine will be co-modding. We may have an additional co-mod that we are waiting on.

Is game about murder, will try to keep it somewhat clean but join at your own discretion. ;P

This is a forum game that aims to be a murder mystery in which you can be a detective, murderer or victim. This will be based off the Danganronpa videogame series, but you don’t need to know anything about the games to play. The series is mostly being used as a setup for a cool murder mystery style game. Roleplaying is allowed, but I’m not going to push for it too much since I understand not everyone is interested in that.

I realize there is a bunch of information here, if you are interested you don't really need to read it all right away.

Not going to require much at all. You do have a slightly better chance in the game depending on how active you are though. I would recommend checking in once a day if possible.

If you are interested in playing, I would recommend just reading the basic game information. The in-depth rules are mostly for clarifying some more complicated things about the game and may come into play later, but the basic game information should be all you need to start the game.

The basic setup is this: 15-16 players are trapped in a location. The only way to escape is by killing another player in the game and getting away with it.

The game will be split up into 4 main phases:

1- Daytime: This phase will last 24-48 hours. During this phase you may explore the map. To do this, you ask to move around through either the main thread or your PM. You may not commit a murder during this phase, however you can pick up items or set up for a trap during nighttime. You may also use this phase to communicate with other players through the main thread or PM’s.

2- Nighttime: This phase will probably last 12 hours, but I do want to revise how this phase is ran, so that might be changed. Either way, during this phase you are restricted to your PM, meaning you can’t post in the main thread and you can’t PM anyone else in the game unless they are in the same room as you. Movement during night will be slower, meaning you can’t just quick travel around the building, if you want to move a long distance it will take some time.

During this phase, you may commit murder if you would like, if 3 (or more) people discover a body before the night ends, a BDA announcement and will reveal what room the body is in.

Once the night ends, it will be daytime again. One of two things will happen: If no murders were committed, then the game will go into another day night cycle. If a murder WAS committed, then we will enter an investigation phase.

3- Investigation: This phase will last about 24 hours. Players will all be given 2 investigation credits which they can use on rooms. You may use 1 credit for a quick scan, which will give you any easily noticeable information about a room. And you may use 2 credits for a full scan, which will give you all the information about a room. These scans will be sent through PM’s, though you are encouraged to coordinate your investigations with the other players.

4- Trial: This phase will happen after the investigation phase, this phase is really the meat of the game and will last for around 48 hours. During this phase, you will debate with the other players over who you believe the killer is. During this phase, you may use [Vote] ____ [/Vote] to vote on a player you suspect. Once the phase ends, the killer will be revealed. If the vote was correct, the killer will be executed and the game will continue. However, if the vote is incorrect then the wrongly accused player will be executed along with 2 random innocents *Might be subject to change due to balance reasons* And the killer will win the game. The game will then continue with the surviving players.

There is a phase that *might* happen if the pool of players gets low enough, and it might allow for players to win passively.

That’s all that you will need to know right away, I’ll continue to clarify things and help throughout the game, so I wouldn’t stress too much if anything in the rules was confusing. I will try to write down everything that I remember has been brought up regarding the rules in the past games in the in-depth rules tab if anyone is interested in that.

Accomplices: Getting straight to the point, accomplices are 100% allowed. However, I would consider some things if you want to commit a murder with an accomplice. Only the person who deals the final blow on a victim will count as the murderer. Meaning, any additional accomplices are not eligible to win and will be up for random execution assuming the murderer wins. This basically means that the accomplice has no reason not to betray the murderer unless the murderer is good at convincing or if the murder just kills the accomplice, so they won’t talk. TLDR: Accomplices are allowed and encouraged, but make sure to have some sort of plan going in.

Double Murders: Some more rules about double murders are explained in the handbook, but there has been a lot over this in the past games so this is something important to address. 2 murders are the maximum for the night, however only the first murder will count. Meaning, if person A murders person B, and person C murders person D, person A is the murderer, not person C. That said, if there is a double murder there is a pretty good chance it was one murderer who committed two murders, so I wouldn’t simply discount a second body.

I think I’m going to adapt a rule from the Danganonpa Mini, where if there is a second murder, there will be an announcement about the maximum being reached. This is to slightly discourage double murders as an option as it’s been proved to be powerful in the past. Not that they shouldn’t occur at all, just that it shouldn’t be an obvious option.

Final Blow: So uh, I may have made a mildly controversial plot when I played last game, so I should probably address this part. The person who causes the death of the victim is the person who will count as the murderer. Meaning you could feasibly trick somebody into killing another person if you wanted to. Please ask any questions about this rule if you need it, since this part can cause some confusion.

Suicide: 100% allowed. Not sure why you would want to unless you just want to screw with the living players, but suicide cases are fun so I’m cool with it. This also means that dead players can be voted on as the killer, either if they commit suicide or if they did commit murder then were killed by a third party.

Think of these as the in-game rules, Breaking any of these are punishable by death.

• Rule #1: Players must remain on the premises, being outside is fine, but you can’t attempt to leave outside of that.
    • Rule #2: With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore at your discretion.
    • Rule #3: Anyone who kills a fellow player and becomes "blackened" will graduate, unless they are discovered.
    • Rule #4: Additional school regulations may be added if necessary.
    • Rule #5: Once a murder takes place, a class trial will begin shortly thereafter. Participation is mandatory for all surviving students.
    • Rule #6: If the guilty party is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed.
    • Rule #7: If the guilty party is not exposed, they alone will graduate, and 2 random students plus the wrongly accused will be executed.
    • Rule #8: Lending your e-Handbook to another player is strictly prohibited.
    • Rule #9: The guilty party may only kill a maximum of two people during any single "Killing Game."
    • Rule #10: Attempting to break into locked rooms is strictly prohibited.

New system in place.

Players will have hidden stats to determine their ability.

The 4 core stats are: Strength, Speed, Accuracy and Intelligence.

Base stats will mostly be determined through talent, but can be changed throughout the game by doing certain actions. For example, reading to increase intelligence or jogging to increase speed.

These stats will be hidden from the players but actions that ask about stats are allowed. Such as “About how good is my accuracy” or “Do I think I could overpower ____”

Strength will determine physical or melee based actions.

Speed will determine how fast you can travel around the building or if you would be able to outrun another player if needed.

Accuracy will determine any ranged combat or long ranged based actions.

Intelligence will determine skill in building traps or skill in crafting objects.

Possible map floor 1.png
    Possible map floor 2.png
    Possible map floor 3.png
    AAFCA689-6DE1-499C-B3B8-2E3B2DE74525.png
    This game will take place on the moon.
    Changes may be made before the game actually starts.

Putting the signup thread up early, game probably won’t start for another couple weeks.

To sign up, just use /in (or just say you want to play ;p)

When you sign up, please give yourself a talent. This will have a minor impact on the game, so try not to pick something that is a complete meme. Really you can do whatever you want for this, it’s up to you.

Example: Ultimate Magician, Ultimate Baseball Player etc.
    Player List:
    1. @Hungurr_the_Festive the Ultimate Engineer
    2. @NetherNitro the Ultimate Ninja
    3. @s2eforme the Ultimate Detective
    4. @The_Cactus_King_5000 the Ultimate Escape Artist
    5. @JavaBrine the Ultimate Meme Lover *Dead* (Night 4 victim)
    6. @NanoCourse the Ultimate Hamster
    7. @Projectionist the Ultimate Phone guy
    8. @LunarZeta the Ultimate Not a Murderer *Dead* (Night 1 victim)
    9. @TheMrQuack the Ultimate Spy
    10.@ShiningDiamonds9 replaced by @knifefang the Ultimate Popstar *Dead* (Night 5 victim)
    11. @Ryast the Ultimate Baker *Dead* (Trial 2 culprit)
    12. @Zichy the Ultimate Locksmith
    13. @MrEevee7 the Ultimate Investigator
    14. @CoolKidz22 the Ultimate Sneak *Dead* (Trial 1 culprit)
    15. @Bradycpps the Ultimate Designer *Dead* (Trial 3 culprit)

Backups: @Johnald, @Mitochondria, @knifefang *, @The_Scythe

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019 at 4:30 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Hungurr

Hungurr Well-Known Member

LuckyPatch
    MVP+
    Dreams DREAM
    Ok I'm in

3. Skullmaster4

Alright.

Make sure to come up with some sort of talent before the game starts.

You can everyone else has a while to think about it if you need it though.

4. Hungurr

LuckyPatch
    MVP+
    Dreams DREAM
    Uhhh maybe creating machinery, to create some things to benefit me

5. Skullmaster4

So some sort of mechanic or inventor?

6. signs up

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I'll join in.

My talent will be being a Ninja because yay.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hungurr

LuckyPatch
    MVP+
    Dreams DREAM
    Engineer

10. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

wraf
    MVP++
    Hypixel Knights KNIGHT
    is this a forum game and not an event?

11. Skullmaster4

It’s a forum game, just an overly complicated one.

12. Okay im in,
    Can I be the ultimate detective?

13. Skullmaster4

Yup, sounds good.

14. yay xd

15. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

wraf
    MVP++
    Hypixel Knights KNIGHT
    i guess you can say that

16. @DemonicKraken
    (Wanted to be tagged for this)

Put me as /in, I’ll figure out an ability at a later date.

17. Skullmaster4

Hopefully all the information in the main post doesn’t scare off new players, the game goes pretty slow and I’ll still explain the phases as we go.

18. /in

I shall be the Ultimate Meme Lover

19. Skullmaster4

We will probably start in a few weeks, so we’ll have time for the player list to fill up.

I’m thinking that starting it close to when I go on break would be a good idea, so I could be online whoever I need to be

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sounds good.