1. RogiJAG

RogiJAG Active Member

RogiJAG
    MVP+
    Raid RAID
    I wanted to briefly discuss guild and player information accessible through current API methods.
    This is a suggestion thread.
    Make gExp earned per member accessible through the Hypixel API.
    The same info as seen in /g member [member]

When the guild update came to the network, I think it's safe to say that we were all excited for the introduction of things like the new and more competitive gExp system, guild cosmetics, guild tags, etc.

I was looking forward to (reasonably predictable) changes to the API, the main one being guild experience (gExp) earned by individual members, and I remember seeing others asking about the same thing on the forums. After to many months, however, the only things ever added were quest participation per member, guild rank information, and guild experience/legacy info.

I think I'm one of many who wants to see guild experience participation per player accessible through the API.
    This information is available by running /g member [ member ] in-game, and if I'm not mistaken it was also accessible before the guild update (Coin participation per member).

I'd be interested in discussion below. I'd love for you to voice your support or criticism :D
    Add guild experience earned per member available in the API.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. What is the Hypixel API may I ask?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. RogiJAG

RogiJAG Active Member

RogiJAG
    MVP+
    Raid RAID
    I'm not very well-versed technically speaking, so bare with me -
    In simple terms you can use methods provided through the Hypixel API to get information on players, guilds, etc. on the network.

For example, You can see I've used the API to get information on a player, myself in the example screenshot I uploaded
    (then I put it into a website to make it look pretty but you don't need to worry about that)

This is only a very small portion of what is available when looking at a player, but as you can see my name, quest info, stats info, uuid, karma, and timeplaying is available information.

[​IMG]

There are a number of tutorials on how to use the API if you are interested in implementing it in any projects.

In this post, I'm proposing that more information become available through the API(specifically guild experience earned by players in the guild)

4. RogiJAG

RogiJAG Active Member

RogiJAG
    MVP+
    Raid RAID
    I'd assume this isn't currently a priority, but I am interested to know whether or not server administrators specifically think that this is something that should be added to the API.

5. You can submit the idea here, and I hope that it will be implemented :)

6. RogiJAG

RogiJAG Active Member

RogiJAG
    MVP+
    Raid RAID
    Great, thanks!

• Like Like x 1