1. Hey everyone, now that it has been a while since phoenix received its significant nerf to its supportive role here, the meta should be stable enough to create a new balance proposal for the game. But we also believe that some of the complaints regarding classes before were not necessarily due to their individual power, but how they matched when synergized with Phoenix's supportive role. In turn, we feel that the best course of action is to poll the community to see what their viewpoints are regarding the current meta of the game.

Please click here if you want to voice your opinion through this community poll.

(Note: You require a Google Account to access the poll)

We will be keeping this poll up for 7 days, and then we will be using those results to create a balance proposal. From there, we will make a followup thread to see how the community reacts to the proposal, and see if any other edits should be included.

Take care!

-The HPC

• Hype Train Hype Train x 14
    • Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sagev

Sagev Active Member

that's epic

3. Noel

Noel Well-Known Member

lento9
    MVP+
    Les Gaulois LG
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ImWolf85

ImWolf85 Well-Known Member

What people play =/= Balanced or not

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. filoof

filoof Active Member

filvh
    MVP+
    Kohls KOHLS
    ok now this is epic

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Thanks Piano and secret HPC members!

epic gamer moment

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. filoof

filoof Active Member

filvh
    MVP+
    Kohls KOHLS
    also i voted now this is even more epic 8) epic gamer moments

8. filoof

filoof Active Member

filvh
    MVP+
    Kohls KOHLS
    no, epic gamer moment. disgusting

9. Aguero

Aguero Active Member

Aguero
    MVP+
    Reset R
    Remove phx

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I really like the idea with the pool so nobody can complain

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Someone submitted that skeleton is stronger than WW lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lol where my detonate overlap at

13. lel nice

below i dropped my tiered opinion of the current situation of the classes, JUST AN OPINION
    A+
    Dreadlord, Phoenix.
    A-
    Arcanist, Shaman, Herobrine, Spider, Werewolf, Golem, Blaze, Pigman.
    B
    Enderman, Skeleton, Snowman, Zombie, Creeper.
    C
    Shark, Pirate, Moleman, Squid.
    D
    Renegade, Hunter, Assassin.
    E
    Automaton, Cow.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sorry, fixed it for you :( Don't beat me

15. creeper is below average

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. Will there be more detailed votes about specific classes where you can vote for different options? I don't think small statistic changes would be enough this time since shark and automaton need a lot different changes than that (a pulling ability for shark for example which pulls enemy into middle of your waterpool and a regen passive after using the ability) and there could be quite a few ways to deal with really strong classes such as phoenix.

Other than that the poll shows which classes are seen as too strong which is actually quite cool in my opinion since you can see the public opinion in a very structured form but the problem is that the poll doesn't show which aspect of a class is too strong, you need the players' opinion for that. Let's take Shaman as an example:
    According to the community it's a above average to very strong class. The easiest way to nerf it would be to reduce the EPS or the Speed but we've basically had that before the reclaim update with the Tornado being mroe effective. This wouldn't fix the problem though since I've pretty much only seen complaints about the wolves being too strong (which I definitely agree with). Barely anyone complained about shaman being a more versatile and allrounding/mobile class apart from just a few complaints about the speeds' duration. Nerfing the wolf pack probably wouldn't be the first pick of a HPC member since the wolves had just received a huge buff in the prior balancing and thats quite understandable.

Another part which isn't that easy to figure out through these polls are the consequences of a META. One of the main reasons why shaman or spider are strong is that phoenix is currently by far the best kit in the game and it combines really really well with both these already strong and much used classes.

Anyways I really like that the idea of a anonymous poll, but with published results :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Aguero

Aguero Active Member

Aguero
    MVP+
    Reset R
    Tbh, for me, skele is stronger than ww.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. There is some extra information that is private which will be used, and class synergy / meta consequences will be kept in mind. Class specific polling might be a possibility, but that has its own issues as well. People might blame an entire class as overpowered when only certain aspects are to blame, or people could put in input regarding something that they have no knowledge of, because they don't play the class. The more likely scenario will probably be the observation of feedback from the forums to get a general consensus of why something is overpowered, make a proposal based on that feedback, and continue that loop until a proposal is made which a strong majority support.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Withergabe

Withergabe Active Member

WitherGabe
    MVP+
    Please fix assassin skill bugs and give it protection I or protection II

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1