1. Hello everyone!

Normally I make incredibly stupid threads on the Bedwars Forum (perhaps you've seen a few of mine,) but this is going to be an extremely serious thread. How did you all get your usernames for Minecraft? I have a story with how I came up with mine, so I'll share it here.

In December of 2010, I began watching The Yogscast on my 2007 macbook. There was this neat sandbox game called Minecraft that they kept making videos on, and I absolutely fell in love with that voxel game. I wanted to have my own adventures on the game, just like they did, so I asked my parents if I could buy a copy of the game. My parents were running extremely low on expendable money for the past couple of months. We were actually going to lose our house because my father, the breadwinner of my household, lost his job. I decided that that was totally okay, and I'd continue to watch the Yogscast to satisfy my urge to play the game.

Even then, knowing that my family was in such a difficult financial situation really took a toll on my emotional health. I wanted to take away all of my family's fiscal problems. I wanted to save my family from losing our home. I wanted to be the hero that we needed so desperately. I'd save up money for months trying to do whatever my little head knew how to in order to save my family. I'd have lemonade stands in the summer and collect money from the neighbor kids through that. Then, I'd put all of the change I received in the cup my family used for extra money. In September of 2011, my father started his own company that payed significantly more than his previous occupation, and we ended up keeping our home.

In December of 2011, my father came to me and asked me if I still wanted a Minecraft account, and that he'd buy it for me. I told him that I absolutely wanted one, and I got this account. I knew exactly what to name it: HeroInGreen, as green is the color of USD. I've kept this name in remembrance to my past.

So that's how I got my username; lemme know how you all got your usernames!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sans

Sans Well-Known Member

Sans undertale

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. BulbJake

BulbJake Well-Known Member

BulbJake
    MVP++
    IfOnly I
    Co-Owner
    Mine: I had just downloaded Pokémon go (right when it came out) and needed a username. I was playing through Pokémon Y at the time and my favorite Pokémon was Bulbasaur. That’s where the “Bulb” comes from. And the “Jake” is what I had nicknamed a Bulbasaur in Pokémon Y

4. Wait so ur irl name isn’t jake?

5. BulbJake

BulbJake
    MVP++
    IfOnly I
    Co-Owner
    Nope

But you can still call me Jake I’m fine with it

6. Mystal

Mystal Well-Known Member

Mystal
    MVP++
    Raid RAID
    I stole it

7. My life is a lie

• Like Like x 1
  8. BulbJake

BulbJake
    MVP++
    IfOnly I
    Co-Owner
    Lol

9. I got my username because i am a fan of Microsoft.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jpleb

jpleb Well-Known Member

jpleb
    VIP+
    IfOnly I
    I made my username because plebs are cool. and the j is from my irl name.

11. Erm anyways my ign was my dads and I took it from him while he wasn’t looking. It was from back in the dungeons and dragons days, the DS stands for Dragon Slayer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. x_x

x_x

x_x Well-Known Member

x_x
    MVP+
    X X
    GUILDMASTER
    I was looking for a 3 letter name for my alt when name changing was pretty new, stumbled across x_x (which I thought would have been taken for sure) and copped it on the account.
    A few months later I emailed Mojang and got the IGN's swapped from my alt to my current account.

13. Ngl your ign is really cool, I was someone with the same one in game except with two underscores, and i remember thinking it would be awesome if someone else had the same one but with one underscore. This was before I first saw you on the forums though.

14. My favourite jeweler + my real name -> PandoraJenny

15. I took the meaning of my name in 2 different languages then translated them to other languages and merged them together I actually like my name a bit

16. x_x

x_x

x_x Well-Known Member

x_x
    MVP+
    X X
    GUILDMASTER
    ah ye i've seen them before too ;p

17. I've pretty much used this name (or a slightly altered version) on everything that asks for a username. I just thought that knights were cool back when I was like 8 or something when I first used that name for a GBC Pokemon game (might be yellow). The "33" part is just my birth date since I found it interesting to have the month and day be the same numerically.

I thought about changing it, but to what? I've grown too attached to this name for over a decade, so I don't have any plans on changing that. So what if it's generic and has numbers, it has a personal connection with me.

18. adebss

adebss Well-Known Member

adebss
    MVP+
    ForumJelly JELLY
    It was a family account before I adopted it as my own, so it's the first letter of everyone in my families name. I'm the b if you're wondering.

19. Vicerint

Vicerint Well-Known Member

Vicerint
    There's really no story behind mine. This account was originally agfarma96 before I changed it to Vicerint. agfarma96 was the name my dad gave it when he bought me this account for my birthday. Then some time down the road I changed it to Vicerint because I thought it sounded a lot cooler. In case you're wondering what it means it is latin for 'win' or 'conquer'.
    upload_2018-12-6_16-24-29.png

20. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hxsky
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    My favorite dog breed is the Siberian Husky, but "Husky" wasn't available, so I replaced one of the letters