1. Shprqness

Shprqness Member

8a3
    MVP
    Firstly this is just me showing you guys some cool things you can do with the BukkitAPI, you will need general knowledge of java, 20 Likes and i will do a plugin tutorial.

If you are creating a plugin for a minecraft server its good to have, lets say custom messages for commands, example, /hypixel = hypixel ip, here is the code (do not copy and paste, try and learn it):

Step1 Create a class in your project

Step2 add implements CommandExecutor

Step3 Enter The Command Variable, mine is hypixel, you enter a String variable like this -
    Code:
    public static String hypixel = "Hypixel";
    Step4 Now you have your command ready you can create the actual constructor like this -

Code:
    @Override
    public boolean onCommand(CommandSender sender, Command cmd, String label, String[] args) {

return true;
    }
    Now we have our constructor setup, we can add our if statements, the comments are to tell you what every thing does - (comments are when i do `//text` in the code)

Code:
    @Override
    public boolean onCommand(CommandSender sender, Command cmd, String label, String[] args) {
        if(sender instanceof Player){       //means if user is a player
            if(cmd.getName().equalsIgnoreCase(hypixel)){       //where i put hypixel you put your command you made in the variable before
    }
    }
    return true;
    }

Now that we have our whole command contructor setup we can determine what happens on click.

Code:
    @Override
        if(sender instanceof Player){     
            if(cmd.getName().equalsIgnoreCase(hypixel)){
                //i am going to determine sender as p as its easier       
                Player p = (Player) sender;
                p.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "hypixel.net"); //sends user message, chatcolor is the color of message

}
    }
    return true;
    }

Thats just a really simple way to send messages, if you have any questions dm me

New tutorial comes out if you guys say you really want it

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. Dance

Dance Well-Known Member

Dance_Dog
    MVP+
    LimboFish
    Guild Master
    The code is rather difficult to read. Try putting each excerpt into a code block.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Shprqness

Shprqness Member

8a3
    MVP
    i will rewrite it now

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dance

Dance Well-Known Member

Dance_Dog
    MVP+
    LimboFish
    Guild Master
    Also I believe it’s “Override”, not “OverRide”. Haven’t touched Java in quite a while so I could be wrong.

5. Shprqness

Shprqness Member

8a3
    MVP
    yea when i did override it tagged the forums member with the name OverRide lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Simon_TI

Simon_TI New Member

JVMTI
    MVP
    You should probably fix your code, the formatting looks really bad.

7. Shprqness

Shprqness Member

8a3
    MVP
    its because i wrote it on the forums so i was using spaces because tabs dont work lol