1. CodingDynasty

CodingDynasty Active Member

CodingDynasty
    MVP
    First of all you need to have the Spigot build that you are going to want to in the directory you are going to want to use. Next go to that directory and make a text file using whatever editor you want. For windows I suggest Notepad++ and for ssh I suggest using Vim.

In this text file you are going to want to make the first line say:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    This lets everything know that it is an executable file that runs in Unix Shell Script.

On the next line add
    Code:
     while true 
    telling the system to keep running the loop while it is equal to true. On the next two lines put
    Code:
    do
    java -jar -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar Spigot.jar
    You can change the -Xms and Xmx to whatever the ram you want. For this example I will use 1Gb. Next you can tell the system to sleep for a certain amount of time between the restart. I usually use 5 seconds as a restart, however you can use pretty much however much you want. The reason I have 5 is so I have enough time to stop the loop between the restarts if needed.
    Code:
    sleep 5
    done

Then set the code to done which will still return a true value which in turn will send it back through the loop of starting it back up. To cancel the loop simple do CTRL+C with the console open and when the server stops saving but before it starts back up! Finally save the file as an Unix Shell Script (.sh). In Windows to run the file you simple double click it. If you were to open it in ssh you would need to use bash. Which is just simply ./<scriptfilename>.sh

Your finally file should look like this:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    while true
    do
    java -jar -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar Spigot.jar
    sleep 5
    done

I know this is pretty simple for a lot of people but I wanted to help the newer developers to use this instead of using /restart. /Restart especially in the newer updates of Spigots have caused a lot of problems. However I do not ever use a Mac to code so I'm not 100% sure on if terminal uses the same commands as ssh, at least to run Script files.

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Ondre

Ondre Well-Known Member

Ondre
    MVP+
    Bougie
    GUILDMASTER
    Thank you for this! This really helped me! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. CodingDynasty

CodingDynasty Active Member

CodingDynasty
    MVP
    No problem glad it helped!

4. This is cool but you could just but your Start script into your spigot.yml and do /restart instead :D

5. Okay i know you probably wont see this but i have a problem with minecraft that kicks me out of all the servers i play on (1.8.9) and i have done research and if i set my max bulk chunks to 8 or something is should fix it. I went on spigot.yml and this thing that said "Default: 10
    Type: Integer
    Description: Set how many chunks are sent per packet.
    Versions: Before Spigot 1.9"

and i was wondering how to put that into the hypixel code or whatever to fix my problem

you most likely wont see this but if you do please how do i put these in to hypixel i need help.

6. For windows you could create a .bat file to auto restart spigot if crash or stop.

Code:
    @echo off
    :a
    java -Xmx2G -Xms512M -jar spigot.jar
    goto a
    Save it as start.bat and there you go, an auto restarting server!

Hope this helps someone!

willi123yao

7. Thank you but i still dont know how to download my thing ( https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/spigot-configuration/ )

its near the bottom and i do not know how to implement that code to make it so my max bulk chunks are at 8??

-AndyPvP

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  8. Hi there!
    For that issue most probably a problem with your client, what is the exact issue that you get when you try to connect to Hypixel? It depends on the issue that you are getting, and from there we can help to solve your problem.

The configuration you are talking about is for servers, and there is no way that you can modify the server values without being an admin. Unless you have issues connecting to your own server, changing the value will not solve your problem.

willi123yao

9. ok this is the error messages i get!

Attached Files:

10. hope you can help me <3

11. Hey @_AndyPvP,
    You might want to change your render distance to 2 before joining Hypixel. You can do that by going into a singleplayer world and from "Video Settings -> Set Render Distance to 2". If you are using optifine, bump up chunk updates to around 3-5, and turn on "Lazy Chunk Loading" under "Video Settings -> Performance".

Also, if that fails try to either reinstall minecraft or use a later version of minecraft and see if that helps. This is an issue with the 1.8 client and spigot(server) communication issue, and no one has found the reason to it yet (as far as I know). This might also be caused by outdated version of forge/optifine(if you are using any of them).

If both of the above fails, check your connection. If you are on a wifi connection, I would suggest you to use a LAN/ethernet cable to connect to the internet, as one of the reasons might be an unstable connection.

Hope this helped!

~willi123yao

12. I will try them!