Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izanagi

Izanagi Well-Known Member

How strict are your parents when it comes to the grades you get in school? Mine a pretty strict. I got an A- on a test last year and my mom got mad at me.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 19
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. My parents arn't that strict with me at all, just don't get below a 2.0... which I never have.

I currently have got Honor roll every trimester right now in 7th grade.

1st: 3.4 GPA
    2nd: 3.0 GPA
    3rd: 3.0 GPA

Going on my 3rd Honor roll field trip on Tuesday from when i'm writing this :p

EDIT: If I got an A- on a test, my mom would be proud, Math tests... if I don't study, I sometimes get an F, which brought my grade from a 3.4 to a 3.0 because this actualy happened... o_O

I normally get C-Bs on Math tests

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  3. "pretty strict" wat? an A- is gold to me and basically everybody I know. maybe that's just at my school lol
    I have all A's and B's and I go to like the hardest school in my state, my parents a chill with it. of course my dad still wants better :p
    I rly hate talking about school though because people like to butt in and tell me "i have it easy" and make their lives seem extra hard

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. V3nOm

V3nOm Well-Known Member

YungPig
    MVP+
    Yea, my family is really strict on grades, like if I bring home below an A, my mom says I need to bring it up and complains about it. If I get a c, which is the lowest i've ever brought home, (It was Advanced Honors Algebra I ;-; )my mom grounds me from my phone and pc for 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Izanagi

Izanagi Well-Known Member

Is a 90% in your school an A-, and an 85% a B?
    edit: Also, did you look at the picture in the spoiler?

6. Gray12csx

Gray12csx Well-Known Member

Gray12csx
    MVP+
    If I get under an A my parents will take away my phone pc and tablet

7. immatureaccount

immatureaccount Well-Known Member

My parents don't care much as long as I get As and Bs, but I hate myself if I get a B. I would freakin' die if I ever got a C.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Akame

Akame Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. *Gets 3.8 GPA* Won't be seeing my computer in a while...
    The Asian Struggle

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  10. rikahdo

rikahdo Well-Known Member

My mom is happy with all 3 kinds of A's. My mom flips when I even get a B+. My dad is happy with any.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. lol no I didn't look at the picture
    an A- is a 90, yeah.
    maybe grades are different at my school, as it is possible to have a C average in a class and still be on the honor roll

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. xxTanner97x

xxTanner97x Well-Known Member

My parents aren't strict about my grades mainly because 1. I don't plan on going to college. (knocks about worries of getting As and Bs) 2. I've already practiced the test I'm allowed to take once I reach 16 to Get my Diploma for high school (passed the practice with 96%) (Also it's not a GED) 3. I'm joining the marines :p
    If you're wondering about my current grades right now... I've got Cs and Ds. Not because I don't know it. It's because I don't do it, I haven't failed a single test and I'm in Calc as a freshman. So That shows I'm not a dummy head. Also all the teachers say that college is the way to go... yet their a teacher not really making tons of money but had to go to college for 4-6 years to become a teacher... and my step never went to college and started making airplane parts after the marines.... Started out with 14$ an hour... he now makes 24$ an hour... After only working their a year.... Sooooooooo college obviously isn't needed if you work hard :p. And more than half the time you won't get a job if you goto college soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I need to stop rambling. kthxbai

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Caidicus

Caidicus Well-Known Member

Caidicus
    MVP+
    My mom cant Trust the school website for grades, as the website seems to calculate grades differently than from what it actually is.
    If I bring a bad Report card home she will just tell be to fix it before the end of the semester or bad things will happen.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. itzme2

itzme2 Well-Known Member

itzme2
    VIP
    My parents ground me for 3 months from my PC, Xbox, and Phone (Which I bought myself) if I get anything lower than straight A's. Once, I got an A-, and my parents made me study for 5 hours daily for 2 weeks. I once got a C, and my mom bitchslapped me and before I came home I was like F***F***F***F*** FAKKKKKK!

This year I have currently straight A's in the first, second, and third MP.

The Struggle is real for Asians.

EDIT: .... I accidentally typed Israel instead of is real...
    EDIT TWO: Along with achieving straight A's, I have to go to Soccer practice daily for two and a half hours, On tuesdays and Thursdays go to after school clubs, cope with 1-2 hours of HW daily, have Guitar practice on everyday except Tuesdays and Thursdays, and go to school with 4-7 hours of sleep daily.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Mom: A - A+
    Dad: B - A+
    Mostly because my dad cares about sports a lot more.

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. My parents are ok with whatever I get, as long as I try my hardest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Elite4W

Elite4W Well-Known Member

Elite4W
    MVP+
    So long as I keep a B or higher my parents couldn't care less tbh. If I get a C it raises a few eyebrows but no action would be taken. Getting a D or F in a grade is usually where they take action, but i haven't gotten a C/D/F in 2 years so they just let me do whatever :p

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. My parents are fairly strict, however it's mostly peer pressure from some of my friends to get good grades.

I've been on the High Honor roll since 6th grade except for one trimester, which means A- and above.

My parents only care about Math, Science, and English, so they get pretty mad if I get below an A-. Any other subject, it's a B+ for them to get angry.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. A - Okay (I usually get straight A's tho)
    B - Below Average
    C - Bad
    D - VERY VERY BAD
    F - If I got an F in a class I wouldn't get computer all summer break soooo...

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. immatureaccount

immatureaccount Well-Known Member

My stepdad didn't go to college either... And now he works from home, bringing in 100k a year from a job at HP.

I'm going to college myself, though. Have NO idea what path in life I wanna take yet xD

• Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.