88.9%
  2. It's fine.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Dovahkiin_

Dovahkiin_ Well-Known Member

mrninja1
    MVP+
    There's a lot of stuff in school that is important, but besides math and English everything else is memorization. When will we actually use all these things we learned? Don't get me wrong their is jobs out there that require the skills you learnt in school. School is also full of work, and discipline.
    . The school system may be a little broken, but It's going to take more than one person to change things. Schools themselves are not the problem. It's just how they are managed.

2. Dovahkiin_

mrninja1
    MVP+
  3. Yet another great one sided video that is used in an argument as absolute fact. A lot of the stuff taught in school has a lot of potential use late in life, and based on the fact you're on a minecraft forum, I have the feeling you don't understand the real world applications. Memorization of History and science both give you a good understanding of the topic as a whole, and are necessary for future fields that require stuff. A chemist needs to know their periodic table.

Not a great argument.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Dovahkiin_

mrninja1
    MVP+
    I know, but if you feel as if you don't need the class why not take different ones?

5. Wackeyy

Wackeyy Member

Wackeyy
    VIP
    School subjects are here not to particularly spark an interest in something but also to teach you how to learn in different ways, Physically and mentally, on hands, in groups or alone. Thats what It teaches u, I mean the health system needs a change as sex ed really isn't much for kids in terms of the LGBT spectrum and all. They need to teach MORE of that stuff, and the DARE program and such.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dovahkiin_

mrninja1
    MVP+
    Fair enough.

7. Well you have to measure all students against each other to determine who shows potential for higher education and the later white collar work force.

8. Ken_M

Ken_M Well-Known Member

I don't even use 95 percent of the math I learned?

9. Dovahkiin_

mrninja1
    MVP+
    I don't understand.

10. Dovahkiin_

mrninja1
    MVP+
    ?

11. Ken_M

Ken_M Well-Known Member

That's how broken it is. They teach us this BS we don't need, instead of teaching us about different careers and what classes they need, so kids wanting to go into Business can learn Statistics, or Engineering students take Physics, etc etc.
    PLUS
    The systems tell the people to teach the kids about 11 different maths while their career's training could teach them the 2 classes worth of what they needed anyways.

12. Dovahkiin_

mrninja1
    MVP+
    That's how i feel but, I also agree with the others.

13. Ken_M

Ken_M Well-Known Member

Come on, Computer Engineering peoples like me should learn stuff like calculus instead of BIOLOGY
    God help me, I'd rather contract some deadly fungus than study one