Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheUserU2

TheUserU2 Well-Known Member

TheUserU2
    MVP+
    Ik the server cost like $100K, but how much does the server make?
    EDIT: the server both makes and pays millions of dollars.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Enough so that as long as minecraft is alive; so will they be. Probably Hypixel will be alive far after, with the Hypixel Video Game in development and their financial stability. If minecraft was going in the ground; Hypixel could likely have the profits to buy it off of Microsoft.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I wouldn't quite put it that far, but I'll say the server makes enough to pay the upkeep costs and to pay for DDOS protection, as well as pay the admins enough that this can be their main source of income.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheUserU2

TheUserU2
    MVP+
    Yea. Do you have an exact number?

5. TheUserU2

TheUserU2
    MVP+
    What about hypixel!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. Sk1er

Sk1er Well-Known Member

Sk1er
    YouTuber
    The Foundation F
    According to staff member (Not mentioning a name), about 1/8 of all players have at least vip+ (or above) or have spent that equivalent amount on the server. Now lets do some math.

There are about 7 million players on hypixel, and VIP+ costs (Not on a sale) 50 US dollars. (This may not be accurate because of sales)

So 7 mil/ 8 is about 875 thousand accounts. Multiply 875,000 by 50 and.....

Yeah they make a lot of money, but think about this. They have to host the server, and pay all of the developers that work full time.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. TheUserU2

TheUserU2
    MVP+
    VIP+ is $50

8. They make a fair bit, Despite EULA they have still managed to pull off Phenomenal sales on Donor ranks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Don't forget about Build Team members! As far as I know, they get paid too! ^-^

Servers doesn't count that much as you said, but they are still expensive. I think that the hardest days of Hypixel itself was when the server started... No one bought anything, pay bills by yourself,... Now, I bet it is easier to run this server, because this is pretty much the biggest and the best server on the whole Minecraft community! <3

• Like Like x 2
  10. TheUserU2

TheUserU2
    MVP+
    EXSACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

11. Sk1er

Sk1er Well-Known Member

Sk1er
    YouTuber
    The Foundation F
    Also, A lot of the profit they have gets re-invested into the server and they need a significant amount of money ready incase a lawsuit occurs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gerry546

gerry546 Well-Known Member

lmao a lawsuit

13. Sk1er

Sk1er Well-Known Member

Sk1er
    YouTuber
    The Foundation F
    If someone sues them for something, they need to hire corporate lawyers to handle it. Those cost a lot of $$$

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. gerry546

lol i think your over exagerating in what case might anyone su them over?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Buy minecraft off microsoft. Um.. good luck with that. Microsoft bought minecraft off mojang for 2 billion dollars. I don't think hypixel is that rich lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sk1er

Sk1er Well-Known Member

Sk1er
    YouTuber
    The Foundation F
    If they accidentally break the EULA or other things. People could also try to DCMA them and cause other kinds of damage. If someone uses their trademark without getting permission and are not responding to the networks messages, then they could be forced to take legal action

17. 52runner52

52runner52 Active Member

Let's put it at this perspective, there are almost 7 million people that logged onto hypixel, now let's say 10% Bought bought MVP-MVP+, which if let's say is $100 (Since a lot of people bought it from sales) which is 70 MILLION dollars which, lets say all of the servers combined costs around 1,000,000 and since there are 30 developers who get payed about $100k annually which would be 3,000,000 in total, Plus the game which probably costs 10,000,000 (probably less). Now don't get me wrong hypixel is an amazing is an amazing server and it deserves the money it gets, but money probably isn't the problem right now.

and even if hypixel did have big enough money problems, if mojang wasn't smart would give them money because there are around 3 million people which is a lot of customers.

18. gerry546

eula is not enforced and probably never will be dcma not going to bother reading that as for trademarking hypixel isn't a company or brand lol its just a place where people play to have fun its not trademark or copy right brand at all lol the only possible thing that could involve anyone to take legal action would be failing to provide the required services even than hypixel is 3rd party organization so legal action wouldn't even be worth pursuing its like getting scammed on ebay hardly anyone bothers to pursue legal action simply because ur buying something from a privated person

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. gerry546

sorry for typos typing this while my keyboard is on sideways on a wall

20. I made the distinction, if minecraft was dieing. If it was, then obviously Microsoft would be looking to make any profit off of it in its "final" days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.