Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    Have you ever wanted to know how to make an MineCraft Plugin? And you don't know how? Well then, Welcome! In this tutorial I will be telling you how to start making your first ever Bukkit plugin.

-+- Setting up your Intellij Workspace -+-

1. Get a coding software you want to work with and use. So In this case I am using Intellij, and to download It all you need to do Is to go on this website - https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/.
    2. Once you are on the website press "Download" [​IMG]
    And It should take you to the bottom of the page.

3. Once you are there, you should see this - [​IMG]
    Now, you should get the Community edition of Intellij, If you are using an Mac press the .Exe and press which version you need so If you are using Mac press on OS X, Linux press on Linux.
    4. Is this to hard to explain? I made a video to clear a lot of the stuff up. (I am sorry If the video Is not the best, first time making an Tutorial on how to make an plugin so I was trying my best to explain everything.)

In the 2nd Tutorial I teach you about events!

5. Now some stuff In the video wasn't showing up because OBS Is bad and doesn't like me but, before you put It on your server, you have to do the following:
    Right click on the project - go to Open Module Settings and you should see this - [​IMG]
    After that go to Artifacts and press on the green + and then press on "Jar". Then at the top of It you should see where It says "Name" Type in the name of your plugin. After you have done that make sure you check "Build on Make". Also, You should see something called "Output directory", what that Is where you want the Jar file to be put In. So for me I have It In an folder called "Test folder" because when I put the plugin on my server I know which folder It Is in.
    [​IMG]
    Now, after you have done that you show see on the left hand side something that says "Your Project name compile output" So In my case for this plugin I made It says "Hub Project compile output". So what you have to do is, drag the Compile Output folder Into the .Jar folder. So for example, In the picture I dragged It to HubProject.Jar. You would just drag It to whatever you named your project. Then press on apply and press OK.

I hope this tutorial does really help, It actually took me a while to write this up because of school and I needed time to record the video, but If you need help with anything feel free to just leave a comment below and I be glad to help you out with questions, etc. :) Have a good day!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    • Like x 19
    • Useful x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
    • Helper Lapis x 1
  2. Hey, thank you for your guide, but I believe this isn't the correct section to post this, as this is only for Hypixel related code creations ;) @Max Korlaar

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    Considering that this Is for coding, and that people has made guide before In this section, I believe this Is the correct part of the forums.

4. As it has been moved to creative hub I think it's resolved now :)

5. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    I don't see why still It got moved to creative hub If It about coding?

6. 043A7

043A7 Well-Known Member

That forum is not about coding, its about hypixel based code creations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. baz2611

baz2611 Active Member

baz2611
    MVP+
    I am a Java developer and I thought that maybe you should teach to code with Eclipse and then eventually move onto IntelliJ, the reason for this is because the interface in Eclipse is more user-friendly and made for noobs. :p

8. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    Even If that Is true, eclipse doesn't work for me for some reason, as In I tried to open it before and It crashed and I don't have effort to Re-Install It since I will never use It

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sad

Sad

Sad Active Member

Sad
    MVP+
    Yea Eclipse is better I would say for starting, it's UI is intuitive and it's menu is easier to follow in my experience.

It is also portable which is nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    True true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Actually, this is in the correct part of the forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks for clarifying, I didn't think it belongs here since it is neither specially for Hypixel nor an creation, more a tutorial.

13. https://hypixel.net/threads/guide-starting-to-code-mods.20027/

This is neither specifically for Hypixel nor a creation, more a tutorial.

Yet, it's a pinned thread on this section of the forums. That's why I am saying it technically belongs here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  14. Denver

Denver Well-Known Member

DenverMC
    MVP+
    WHAT?!

15. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    Haha True True.

16. FermataPlays

FermataPlays Fermaterator (Retired)

FermataPlays
    MVP+
    EW IntelliJ EW

On the bright side, this is a really nice guide! :p

17. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    Intellij is actually alot easier then eclipse lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. What do you use?

• Like Like x 1
  19. FermataPlays

FermataPlays Fermaterator (Retired)

FermataPlays
    MVP+
    Eclipse :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. sharlie

sharlie Well-Known Member

nice guide! i might use it for when i make my own minecraft server next year for a personal project :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

mikeNsadie
    MVP+
    Update: I been sick for a while so, I upload a other video soon Just also been busy with school and such. @skydeli Incase you wanna know why It haven't been updated for a while :p.
    Edit: Because of finals and keystones and such coming up 2nd video/tutorial should be out sometime this week just need to record it.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.