1. Vynox

Vynox Wizerator — Applications Team

Vynox
    Mod
    Wizard Order GUILDMASTER
    [​IMG]
    Lately, I noticed there are a lot of threads reagarding the same issue in this subforum, connection issues. These are a few steps you should try before contacting a Moderator or Administrator about it.

[IN GENERAL]
    • Restart your Minecraft.
      The most simple solution to solve it.

• Change your Minecraft Version
      If you don't know how to change your Minecraft Version go through this tutorial:
    1. Open your launcher and click on 'Launch Options':
      [​IMG]

2. Click on 'Add new':
      [​IMG]

3. This will pop-up this screen, allowing you to change the Minecraft version:
      [​IMG]

4. Return to the 'News' tab, click on the arrow next to the 'PLAY' button and select the profile containing the changed Minecraft version:
      [​IMG]
    • Restart your computer completely.
    • If you're not able to join the server you can reset your location via stuck.hypixel.net.
      If you lagged out in a game or your client crashed and you're stuck in that game or lobby and nothing is working, you can join stuck.hypixel.net in order to reset this.

Another weird, but working method, is to join via build.hypixel.net and use /main to join the server.

• Flush your Domain Name System. A bit more technical.
      For more information on what DNS exactly is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

These steps you need to follow to flush it:
      1. Go to Start
      2. Run
      3. CMD
      4. Type ipconfig /flushdns
      (Credits: @RapidWolf24)
    • Watch this video which covers connection problems:

OS X Yosemite (10.10.x)
      Code:
      sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache
      Older versions (10.9.x or earlier)
      Code:
      sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
      General Minecraft versions directory (may vary depending on where you install Minecraft)
      ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/versions

(Credits: @Peso255 and @Gerbor12 )
    • NOTE: If you have read the Guide and nothing seems to work for you, please run a WinMTR and if the numbers are different than 0 or 100% you should contact an Administrator. There is a Guide by Slikey on how to do this, CLICK HERE to open it.
    [ERROR: Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset]
    • Unplug and reconnect your router.
      This error is usually displayed right when you log in or after 10 to 15 seconds. It's usually caused by a high ping with the Hypixel Server. Unplugging your router for 10 seconds and then reconnecting should fix this issue. If you keep experiencing a high ping after restarting your router you should contact you Internet Provider.

• Make sure your Java is up-to-date !
      If you are running an older version of Java, you have a higher chance to encounter this issue, therefore please try to download the newest version of Java at https://java.com/en/download/.
    [ERROR: Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeOutException]
    • This is an error which is automatically send when you've a connection issue.
      This is an error which can be caused by a lot of reasons and it's the default error which Minecraft sends if you've a connection issue, therefore there isn't a clear way to solve it.

Try to remove any mods you might have installed and lower your in-game settings, as one of the reasons this error appears is caused by chuncks which are being loaded. Furthermore, try all general tips, please.
    [ERROR: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information]
    • I am currently investigating the cause of this error.
    [ERROR: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: an existing connection was forcibly closed by remote host]
    • Patience.
      This error is given when you can't ping to the server, the TeamSpeak or the stuck.hypixel.net IP. Sometimes, a little patience is all you need to fix this error. If you still can't connect to Hypixel after an hour, try the next step.

• Check what the problem of your connection is.
      If you can't ping to Hypixel and you are 100% sure it's not at your end, you should check out this thread http://hypixel.net/threads/guide-solving-connection-related-issues-updated.113708/.
    If you are having any issues when connecting to the server and nothing in this Guide worked, please feel free to respond below and I will personally try to help you ! I am still doing more research about each possible error, so if you encounter something which is not in this Guide, please let me know as well!

As this was a frequently occuring problem I visited following resources to write this Guide:
    1. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...25519-guide-multiplayer-lag-and-error-support
    2. http://www.minecraftman.com/internal-exception-java-net-socketexception-connection-reset/
    3. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...is-this-still-a-problem-internal-exception-io

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like x 102
    • Useful x 67
    • Hype Train x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Mod Emerald x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Helper Lapis x 1
  2. Skua

Skua Well-Known Member

Skua_
    MVP+
    I'm sure this will help loads of people! Thanks for making this ;)!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. emiliaX97

emiliaX97 Well-Known Member

xXChibiXx
    MVP+
    BFGTeam MEMBER
    This wil help alot of people for sure :3 thanks

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Nice guide, will certainly be usefull! ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Holy cow, you put a lot of effort into this O_O
    This will hopefully solve all of the problems that people are having, and can hopefully keep the amount of questions to a minimum ;)

I always expect great work from you Mystic, and you do not disappoint :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Ruja

Ruja Well-Known Member

Rujala
    MVP+
    SilverPhoenix MEMBER
    This will help tons of people, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Poke @Mystic_Sky14
    add flush DNS also

-Go to start
    -Run
    -CMD
    -Type ipconfig /flushdns

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Adam_CvL

Adam_CvL Well-Known Member

My connection has changed recently for some reason. Basically every 2 or 3 minutes I get this massive lag spike for about 20 seconds. This is the kind of lag where everybody around you freezes, blocks don't drop after you mine them and after the lag spike is over, it either rubberbands me back to where I was when the lag started or I get this glitch that's hard to explain. I'm working on getting a video because it's hard to put into words :/

This started happening around the same time when all the big updates came out. Before that everything was a perfect.
    I've tried everything in the guide but nothing worked and the admins haven't responded to my pm.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. _CapitanLeon

_CapitanLeon New Member

Try to reinstall your minecraft but you'll have only 1 chance to log in after you logged in once you need to reinstall your minecraft again i got same problem as you got.

10. Vynox

Vynox
    Mod
    Wizard Order GUILDMASTER
    There is not much you can do on the server-side, but on your side of the connection you can improve your ping by a better Internet.

11. Keyante

Keyante Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will help someon with similar issues! This guide seems really complete!

12. fcd

fcd

fcd Well-Known Member

fcd
    MVP+
    Really nice and detailed, reinstalling minecraft is something you might want to add, that has worked for me sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. For the past 4 or so days I have been getting java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information when I try to connect to any minecraft server. I have looked up "solutions" to this which include resetting router, computer, downloading lower version of java, downloading minecraft launcher again, adding java to firewall, and temporarily disabling firewall. None of these have worked so far and I was wondering if you found out some more information about the cause of the error.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vynox

Vynox
    Mod
    Wizard Order GUILDMASTER
    No unfortunately there is no clear solution on Google and in the Community Help section there hasn't been a clear fix or this error - try to contact an administrator please :)

15. Eselyx

Eselyx Well-Known Member

Hqdes
    MVP+
    Fallen Legends GUILDMASTER
    You should add 192.198.206.83 as possible other IP to join, especially when playing UHC you sometimes lag out and can't ping hypixel.net anymore, same for ts.hypixel.net, 192.198.206.83 is the only IP working in this case, also it has a bit less lag (for me, don't know for others)

• Like Like x 5
  16. Tried all that are possible on OS X, none worked, fml.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Vynox

Vynox
    Mod
    Wizard Order GUILDMASTER
    I experienced server issues myself today so now I will update the Guide with how I solved these problems, hopefully those will work! :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. This just solved my issue, thanks alot man, I wish I could like ur post 10,000,000,000 times but I cant

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Awesome 1st page

• Like Like x 1
  20. gab871

gab871 Member

gab871
    VIP
    Hi, im having some kind of problem, since i used to have 300 ping like in December, but latley, i have like 1000, contacted ISP, they said it was all fine.