1. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Hey!

@NewZealand Inspired me to make this thread, since not everybody knows excactly how good the pieces of Armorer X actually are and I struggled with choosing the right gear in the beginning too. I'm going to explain a little bit about how Armorer works in the first place, and after that I'll make an excact list on what pieces you actually have to change.

Armor in minecraft is defined in armorbars, which stand for a certain amount of protection (actual "base" protection, not the enchantment "protecion"). This protection is given in a certain percentage, where Full Diamond with no enchantments gives you a base protection of 80% (10 armor bars). The only enchantment that influences actual base damage (don't read "adds") is "protection'' (from now on reffered to as 'Prot'). Now I said "don't read "add" ", because protection sometimes partly depends on luck. For example: an Iron Helmet Prot I gives 5% protection, a Leather Helmet with Prot II randomly gives 4-6% protection (with an average of 5%)*. In this situation we would argue that a Leather Helmet with Prot 1 is as good as an Iron Helmet with no enchantments as their average, actual protection is the same. In this example I started with Prot I and not with "no Prot", as Prot II is the first level of Prot in which luck plays an actual role. The first level of Prot always adds a "real, independent" amount of protection, that could be translated to more armor bars rather than luck.

Now let's actually take a look at Armorer X. I used average actual protection levels to determine whether you should change pieces or not. For example, in Armorer X the Leather Helmet is better than an Iron Helmet, that means it's not better than an Iron helmet prot I, etc. Everything ranked "above" the items listed as "worse than" Armorer X are better and you should pick them instead of Armorer X's pieces**.

Leather Helmet with Prot II is better than: Iron helmet. (so, Iron Prot I is better than Leather Prot II**)
    Leather Chestplate with Prot IV is better than: Iron chestplate, Golden/Chain chestplate prot II.
    Leather Leggings with Prot IV are better than: Iron leggings, Chain leggings prot II, Gold leggings Prot III
    Leather Boots with Prot II are better than: Iron boots, Golden/Chain boots Prot I

Rule of thumb: only change Armorer X pieces with Iron + Prot or Diamond.

Okay, now this was just about the actual protection. Armorer X has some awesome features such as Feather Falling IV, Projectile Protection X, Blast Protecion X and Fire Protecion X. These things do not affect actual base-protection in any way, but are very handy in some situations. It's up to you to choose between a Projectile Protection X Leather Helmet or a Diamond Helmet.

I hope this made sense and helped you, @NewZealand, and hopefully some other players as well!

*This example is not actually true, just an easy way to explain it.
    - Go have a look at @Piano his thread for a way more in depth explanation on Armorer! Click here! [doesn't work with the latest update, but interesting and in-depth explanation]
    - Also, in BadLion Client there's an integrated base-protection calculator that becomes visible when opening your inventory. Use that.
    - Feedback is always appreciated in form of comment for improvement or a simple 'Like' if you think this is useful!

https://www.digminecraft.com/enchantments/protection.php

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Isn’t it supposed to be less than full iron?

3. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    I don't know wheter it is supposed to or not. It's better than full Iron.

4. Thanks so much!

5. Mason

6. gf man gg man

7. So this isn't good for 2019 since it was made in 2018?

8. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    No. The date given is the last time Armorer got changed. It works from 12/31/2018 untill Armorer changes again.

9. It was intended to be a joke since it's a day before new year but seeing as how this was posted today and I didn't check woops I guess idk

10. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Oh lol my bad, when i read it, it seemed to be serious to me :)

11. fakeshroud

fakeshroud Active Member

Auustralia
    MVP+
    Armour*

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  13. Guide confusing, my genitalia got stuck in a air cooling system.

I'll stick to being an armorer God, ty ty

14. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    What do you think is confusing? Feedback helps me, I'll try to rephrase the part you find confusing in order to make the guide more clear.

15. I was just meme-ing, I didn't even read it, I just saw armorer and felt like commenting

16. fakeshroud

fakeshroud Active Member

Auustralia
    MVP+
  17. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    :cool:

18. Thank you, this is super helpful. I love how you straight out tell us what it is better than, rather than hiding the important information beneath 10 pages of irrelevant information.

19. Bietnd

Bietnd Active Member

Bietnd
    VIP
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Thanks! That's what I was aiming for ;)