1. When you take it too far... xD
    Just kidding, thanks dude!
    So the iron sword and the diamond sword really do the same damage :D

2. Floof

Floof Well-Known Member

NamelessTeddy
    MVP+
    Radiate SMILE
    Are you certain these damage values are correct? I will be happy to test this again with what you have here. It's strange, because assuming these values are correct, then the damage values would be the following:

S: 1 base attack + Sharpness I
    I & D: 1 base attack + Sharpness II

I believe the bows are not modified in any way. This is something I will also test, as you have implied that bows do double damage on skeletons, assuming you phrased this correctly.

It was always known that creeper health seemed to increase as the wave # increased, but the exact scale of this was never known. This confirms health scaling - thank you for that.

Speed of mobs is cool to know, but it is not as relevant when considering the context of this guide. Thank you for the info on the health though.

Ah see, now you are aware that health potions do nothing on the trader. In random games, I see people splash the trader a lot attempting to heal him. Even after the admins fixed the misleading trader health percentage, people still do not use critical thinking and think "Hey, the trader health % is not rising. Perhaps these health potions do not heal the trader after all." It's annoying >.>

It's sad that you even had to resort to this. Some transparency on the admins' part concerning the finer details of some of these games would be nice.

As an example, when rolling your cursor over a sword to view its description, you'll notice that the damage values are hidden. For two years or so the iron sword did the same damage as the stone sword, and it wasn't until people like me nerded the game that this was figured out. In my opinion, things like this only serve to complicate matters through convoluted game design.

Please don't cheat on the network :eek:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. JaguarM

JaguarM New Member

JaguarM
    Some damage indicator mods show false stats but I am pretty certain those numbers are correct. Only the bow is random. One cause could be that the charge is serverside, meaning a really laggy server will take ages to charge the bow up. I will try making videos showing the damage of all weapons on different mobs.

Oh and yea, using killaura on creeper attack isn't really worth a ban. I am on a good way to become a good boy. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. JaguarM

JaguarM New Member

JaguarM
    Found this game cool because I thought getting really hit waves would be interesting. Maybe find some glitches or a way to survive forever. But after wave 55 its just the same every wave forever. Only the health of the Creepers is slowly going up. Nice glitches are unlikely in the possible wave range.
    Creeper Attack is really horrible game with:
    • annoying glitches
    • repetitive gameplay
    • useless or harmful features
    • weak visual and audio design
    • very low coin and exp reward
    But there are lots of new players trying that game and of course some experienced people that will be playing no matter how bad this game seems. That game won't be terminated soon. But it would be nice if we could somehow improve this game. A Forum post won't do as showed by Floof. But how about and advertising plan? Like more Forum post aimed for the normal players (including nice pics/videos). Maybe we can raise awareness via YouTube and other Websites.

If we try hard together, we might have enough power to help the Hypixel Team to a better future.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JaguarM

JaguarM New Member

JaguarM
    I am sure one person could show the flaws and not only motivate a fix for the annoying bugs but also make this a good game!

But that won't happen. The wave 108, year long players are leaving. The 5 achievements for wave 35 - 55 will be reached less and less often. New players will always play this game. But it will only be fun for a few times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I thank you kindly for confirming what I already know. It's always good to see another reasonable person. :D

7. Floof

Floof Well-Known Member

NamelessTeddy
    MVP+
    Radiate SMILE
    Updated guide with a new video with a random team, and some more issues & suggested fixes.

I removed the old video with random team + comments because I thought the quality was too low.

To-do:
    • Add video of wave 76 (14-player record) game
    • Change scoreboard screenshot in basics section as it was changed

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  8. This is a great guide. Nice work.

9. This should be pinned!

10. Floof

Floof Well-Known Member

NamelessTeddy
    MVP+
    Radiate SMILE
    This should be the final update for a while. No, this guide did not take 5 months of work to make. My interest in Hypixel fluctuated during this time, so that's why this guide took so long to finish.

I created a new Credits section where everyone who has made significant contributions to my guide and to the game is mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Floof

Floof Well-Known Member

NamelessTeddy
    MVP+
    Radiate SMILE
    Going to bump this guide up with another small update, fixing wording & bad grammar as well as giving another person credit.

@Arbiter617 (Am I allowed to tag YTs? If not, I apologize) uploaded the video that started it all for me. While the wave and strategy are not as good by today's standards, they were amazing back then. Credit should be given where it's due.

12. Patheticisms

Patheticisms Well-Known Member

EndCredit
    MVP+
    Thanks so much for keeping this up even if you don't play much (at all?) anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Floof

Floof Well-Known Member

NamelessTeddy
    MVP+
    Radiate SMILE
    If I'm not mistaken, the most recent record attempt made it to wave 60. That's impressive, but slightly disappointing as part of the reason I didn't attend is because I wanted to prove I'm not needed (and even if I wanted to, I couldn't as I had real life obligations that day).

I don't know when I'll feel like trying with another party again. We'll see. I figured since I don't play as much anymore, I may as well leave my mark somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Patheticisms

EndCredit
    MVP+
    Yep we made it to 60 (3 creepers left in wave 3 iirc). Things didn't go great (a ban a muted player and 3 people who didn't buy what they needed to / bought diamond swords didn't freeze) there but it still ended up being enjoyable and I know most of us had fun.

Thank you for leaving your mark. I know I speak for many of us when I say this but the care you have given the game is incredible.

That being said there was a lot of productive discussion about how the current strategy could use some work and some good thought came out of it. I'm not sure if you ended up hearing much about what went on at the party?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Floof

Floof Well-Known Member

NamelessTeddy
    MVP+
    Radiate SMILE
    Oh my. I forgot that someone got banned during that party. That's the second time someone has been banned in an organized Creeper Attack party. Auto-clicking is not worth it. While not necessarily the best indicator of skill, I tend to get the most kills in a game but I deliberately click at a significantly slower CPS than I normally world in a PvP situation. Jitter-clicking is not worth it either for similar reasons.

And it's crazy how much the work of one player can do. Without a player, it becomes way harder to coordinate freezes due to having one fewer available person to rotate freezes with. As an aside, I wish some sort of /rejoin function was implemented for this reason. As for the other three people...well at least you know now what happens when full cooperation and teamwork are not present.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the current strategy, I'm all ears. I would have more of a reason to return if the strategy was improved somehow.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  16. Patheticisms

EndCredit
    MVP+
    The person wasn't auto clicking as far as I know. We realized we were in the same guild (Altitude at the time) so we were shift clicking at each other and they got banned lol.

Yeah I'm really starting to see the effects of 1extra or 1 fewer player.

The discussion was mainly about if someone should bow and someone should Melee in a lane with the way hitting creepers and their slight period before they can be hit again with a sword / to help deal with skeletons because those were giving us some issues in the party

17. Great job If you will ever go for wave 55 pls invite I'm a tryharder in arcade achievements

18. Patheticisms

EndCredit
    MVP+
    Watch the events section and @ShiningTurtle 's profile he's the one who usually does the parties

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Very Nice Descriptive, but easy to use Guide for Creeper Attack, Thanks for the Guide {Helped me Alot}

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ty for dating that