1. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    Although post counts are already useless, having a place where you actively grind posts is kind of silly and shouldn't count anyways. Keep the post count around for those who actively respond on threads.

Not much to really say lol, it would just kind of be right to from here on out don't let forum games contribute to overall post count.

You could add a forums games post count in your profile and make it different from normal posts too if needed.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 101DRex

101DRex Well-Known Member

101Drex
    VIP+
    MyGeeks GEEKS
    I do think that making forum games messages count to your messagecount doesn't really do much and would probably be best to not affect a users messagecount. But as you said, post counts are pretty useless, if there is time for the staff team to do this they should take it into consideration, but I don't think they'll go out of their way to do this at this time as they are flooded with a bunch of work.

3. They should make a pie chart on profiles that says how many posts you’ve made in each (sub)section

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    That's a good idea. Maybe a table with it if you want pure numbers?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes and no.

Posts on Forum Games can still count towards a grand total, but there would be a way for other users to see the percentages of posts a user makes on every section they've posted in (excluding reports and appeals).

The pie chart would have numbers both percentages and raw postcount. You'd just hover your mouse over a section of the pie chart to view more detailed info.

If only I could find my post where I originally made the suggestion for a pie chart... oh well.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BCCWeeaboo

BCCWeeaboo Well-Known Member

TCCMinecraft
    MVP++
    Honestly, I have no idea why people think spamming in the forum games section is the best way to spend their time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yes, hypixel should totally make it so that waiting 30 seconds to make a post in one forum doesn't gain a post, while it does in others! It makes perfect sense.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    Someone's annoyed that their 10.4 days in time would be for nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  10. no, im not. I just dont see a reason why posting two numbers in one section gives 0 posts but in literally any other section gives 1. I could go in off topic right now and make a post saying 30, and it would be just as effortless as posting that in forum games. So why should forum games not count? It is my belief that if posts dont count in one section they shouldnt count in any, since it is just as easy for me to make a 2 character post in sections other than forum games, as it is to make a 2 character post in forum games.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 1) If you just randomly posted 30 then it wouldn’t be related to the thread and could be deleted.

2) At the very least, making a 2 character post elsewhere can still express your opinion or add to a conversation. You’re not just braindeadly adding a few numbers together over and over again.

3) Most of the time, these 2 character posts are only useful once and you can’t do it again in another thread. It’s not good but it’s also limited to that. In forum games you can keep making 2 character posts till the forum servers overload, meaning not only do you have a thread where you can infinitely post a few characters every second, but you have dozens of different threads to repeatedly do it. And, if you do just keep posting unnecessary spam posts elsewhere, you can get punished for spam.

12. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    Spam will get you banned :)

13. In some cases it could be. The point is that making a 2 character post in a thread can do anything.
    Except, you forget you can turn alerts on for when threads get posted in forums. Generally i get around 90 alerts per day, (90 threads, yes i know its sad), but if they were to disable forum games i could just as easily watch other forums to make two character posts in those threads.

Edit: dont have an answer to two, since its valid.

14. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    If you want to do that I can just get you banned for spamming excessively :shrug:

You’re part of the problem with the forums

15. except, the funny thing is, you cant. There's nothing in the rules stating replying to threads with related answers that are, short, but related, isnt allowed.

16. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    Oh yes lack of specific forum rules = anarchy

Yeah no

17. Well, in this case it does :)

18. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    Proof?

19. I've done it on a different account, never got a warning or anything

20. Wolf

Wolf Well-Known Member

Gl7cin3
    MVP+
    NowNomads NOMADS
    Hey Eevee! Thanks for your anecdotal experience. Unfortunately, this sort of statement doesnt hold up against what staff say 2019.09.10.07.56.13.jpg
    So yes spamming 2 characters constantly across threads to raise your post count is banable.