1. Aidan1600904

Aidan1600904 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Welcome, welcome all, to Video Game Mafia! This is the the twenty-seventh installment of the insanely popular forum game known as Hypixel Mafia. I’m your host, @Aidan1600904, and I've got an exciting game in store for you all!

Before the game begins, however, I’ll need explain the rules and provide some information on how exactly mafia works. All players who want to participate should read through this thread in order to make sure that they have a firm understanding of the game. I understand that nobody wants to read through an entire essay, so I've tried to condense everything as much as possible.

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the minority (Mafia), and the majority (Town). The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia. At the beginning of the game, I will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while the members of the Town will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. I reveal their role, and it becomes Night.

During the Night, no one can talk in the thread. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.

The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

To make sure that the game goes smoothly and everyone has fun, there are some rules I have put in place. It's important that everyone understands and reads through these, because they will be enforced. Breaking any of these rules will get you first a warning, then a negative in-game modifier, and then a modkill from the game. It's three strikes and you're out.

-Be respectful to each other. Mafia can get heated at times, but keep personal insults and crude remarks out of the debates.

-Don’t discuss the game outside of this thread or any associated PMs/Quicktopics. Similarly, secret codes created outside of the game aren't allowed either.

-Don’t quote or screenshot any messages I send you in your PM. This will get you modkilled very quickly. In addition, do not ask other players to post their entire PMs or specific wordings from their PMs. This will also get you modkilled.

-Don’t gamethrow. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend or have a personal grudge against a specific person. Just play to your win condition as best as possible.

-Try your best not to go inactive, as it ruins the game. I understand that IRL stuff happens; just PM me or let me know in this thread if you'll be gone for a long period of time. This game does require reading, so do not sign up if you're not prepared to read quite a few pages on a daily basis. I've found that Mafia requires about 45 minutes of your time on a daily basis. Failure to post at all during a day cycle will give you first a warning, then a modkill or replacement.

-Dead men tell no tales. If you want to discuss the game after you’ve died, I can send you a link to the dead thread.

-No game-related posts during the night phase.

-No editing or deleting posts.

-If you’re using an alt, please send me message identifying your main account.

-There are currently no rules for roleclaiming, but I will put them in place if a massclaims begins. Besides, I would highly recommend against roleclaiming prematurely.

-All forum rules apply here.

In general, just avoid abusing loopholes and you’ll be fine. Moderator discretion is advised.

To signup, please post "/in" in the thread. When I see your post, I will add you to the player list and give your post a hype train, indicating that you are in the game.

Alternatively, if you wish to sign up as a replacement, please type "/in replacement." Any players that wish to join after the player list has been filled up will be added to the replacement queue.

Here are a few guides that can help out any new players (or returning players hoping to get better at the game). I'll update this section as I find more guides.

My Favorite Guide

A Fun Demonstration of a Basic Mafia Game

A List of Basic Mafia Roles

With all that said, you should now be ready to play Mafia!

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 7:14 PM
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. Aidan1600904

[​IMG]

This post will continually be updated throughout the game with relevant information.

1. @Serendipity (Sora, Town 3-Shot Bus Driver turned Neutral Survivor) was modkilled D1.
    2. @Nikolayevich (Commander Shepard, Town Jack-of-all-Trades) was killed N1.

1. @Nz_Slimeables (replaced @Atoriax)
    2. @JinxedRose (replaced @MostLukelyToSucceed)
    3. @titiusa (replaced @Netlate)
    4. @Serendipity (replaces @DragonKing87)

-Healing roles are notified if their target was attacked, but not the target themselves.
    -Bulletproof roles are notified if they were attacked.
    -You will know if a kill went through but the target survived.
    -Scum will be given sample role PMs and fake flavor claims.
    -All group chats have day chat

More to be added...

Last edited: May 24, 2017 at 11:07 PM
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dinodinodude

Dinodinodude Well-Known Member

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    /in

4. Dinodinodude

Dinodinodude Well-Known Member

Dinodinodude
    MVP
    Boi

5. /in

6. Aidan1600904

I'm the host. I have permission to postfarm.

7. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables Well-Known Member

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    /backup pls

8. Nikolayevich

Nikolayevich Active Member

Minecraft /in

9. FluffoPuppo

FluffoPuppo Well-Known Member

Smite
    I shouldn't play this, but /in.

Also I didn't read the starting post.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aidan1600904

We're not starting for at least another week. When do your classes end?

12. FluffoPuppo

Smite
    One and a half weeks.

The last half week is finals.

13. slash in

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FluffoPuppo

Smite
    u!/

15. HauntedEmpire

HauntedEmpire Well-Known Member

Smite
    /in

16. Quicksilver666

Quicksilver666 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    /in

I can't really be active from May 30th to June 3rd, but I guess I'll try

18. FluffoPuppo

Smite
    Oh I also just remembered that I will be gone for 4 days in a few weeks.

I can still play.

19. Quicksilver666

Quicksilver666 Well-Known Member

Oh wait, I'll be back from vacation by then.
    Nm I'll be playing, not Marth.

20. DomK

DomK Active Member

Domk_YT
    Moonlit MEMBER
    /in