1. DragonKing87

DragonKing87 Well-Known Member

DragonKing87
    MVP+

IN THE ARRRMMMMMSSSS OFFFFFF ANNNNN ANNNGGGELLLLL...

As Dragon sobbed over his keyboard, the solemn music played through his headphones... Why had he posted so many role pm's... Why did he fake day starting.... like four times....

Why did he exist... What was his purpose...

With tears running down his face, Dragon saw it, in the corner of the room near the resignation notices from his writing crew...

The golden glow still lived on, even if it was faded.... and made out of paper...

The Burger King crown... faded.... torn in several places... with the years of tears from crying himself to sleep, staining the crown's message...

You Can Be A King Too!

The memories flooded back to him... all of the terrible writing... the fact he never made vote counts... the pumpkins... oh the pumpkins...

He could still see the blood... well it wasn't really blood, I guess seeds and innards? Ahem... he could still see the blood stained grass... If only he could return to that lovely island (or television studio depending on which day end post you choose to believe)...

He knew what he must do... It was simple...

All he needed was to skip ahead in time and not actually explain how the players got into the situation...

3 years later...

It was actually only around a week and a half.... 24 players awoke on a beautiful island... surrounded by lava so they couldn't escape...

As the confused players (let's be honest, most of these people have been randomly trapped in places at least ten times now, so it's nothing new) awoke, they noticed what had happened to them... Oh no...

[​IMG]
    They were all inside of giant pumpkin costumes... at that very moment, the pumpkins noticed a helicopter lowering itself down...

"I'm sure you all realize what's happened by now... You all have become pumpkins.... and... I removed the zippers for each costume..."

"YOU BASTARD" shouted out one of the pumpkins...

"The solution is simple... all you have to do to escape the island is think up a way for me to get rich within a month."

"Wait what?" shouted out one of the pumpkins! (Boy it sure is easy to distinguish the dialog as long as I say "shouted out one of the pumpkins!"

"It's easy! All you need to do is figure out how I can earn some spare cash. I'll also let you off if you pay me $1,000 a piece. It's a fortune, but if I do this four or five times I can be set for at least a..."

Splat
    Now you might be thinking Dragon died, and everyone would work together to solve the murder, but if we're being honest no one would probably care enough.

What actually happened was much more... interesting...

Flashback Time - 13 years ago

Dragon had just bought a pumpkin spice latte.... And he took a sip...

"Yum"

Current Day

Dragon stared down at the pumpkins below him... The helicopter had lurched forward... he had dropped his Pumpkin Spice Latte.... his favorite...

"Well forget it then. You all can just kill each other for all I care."

And with that, the Helicopter disappeared behind the large, totally not suspicious control tower that was located at the North of the island...

And then quickly made a U-Turn and returned to the players...

"Quick thing I forgot. There's actually not 24 of your. We actually included some "people" who had grudges against you guys. T.V. ratings and such. Don't ask about the grudges themselves, I haven't written the backstories myself. But believe me, they're good ones..."

And with that, the helicopter flew away into the sunset... And returned once again...

"Speaking of which, you guys are breaking the rules if you use those backup helicopters near the control tower. So totally don't use them. We didn't want to have them at all, but OSHA said we couldn't have anyone on a mostly uninhabited island without some means of escape, so we had to put them there, but they're not actually for general usage. Also last thing, I promise. I don't really care what you guys do, but we're always accepting donations, so we left a tip jar by the door of the control tower. Feel free to leave cash or checks. We also have an atm machine set up for those feeling especially generous. Anyways, you know the drill, 48 hours, blah blah blah, I'll see you tonight..."

And with that, Dragon began disappearing into the mist...

24 Players Remain. Day Lasts for 48 Hours. Players require 13 votes to be hammered. The game has begun.

"HEY DRAGON! WE AREN'T STUPID! WE AREN'T GOING TO KILL ANYONE ELSE"

"Oh ya... I forgot one more thing... this is what I get for forgetting to make Garry write a script...

Only a faint whisper could be heard...

The last player alive gets $1,000,000. We'll let you split it if you guys are fine with that too..."

And with that... each and every player began their plot to remain the last one standing...

The rules, are really boring and dry, but supposedly are an incredibly important part of making sure the game runs smoothly and everyone (both new and returning players) has a good time. Please at least skim read them, as I will be enforcing them unless I receive prompt and adequate compensation . Also keep in mind that I may adjust the rules if a situation not covered by them arises (I will?), and I have the final say in any rule-based arguments. (Take that)

1. Remain respectful of each other. Yes, mafia is a heated game and you will get into arguments, but that does not give any player permission to make personal attacks. We don't tolerate any form of bullying (unless it's directed towards Mito) in these games, and players who do not respect this rule will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

2. Remember that we are still on the Hypixel forums, so all of their rules (especially the ones about posting child-appropiate content) apply. That means avoid cursing, sexual innuendos, etc. I don't care, but the forum mods do, and we need to respect their rulings. So basically if you think someone is scum, and they made a sketchy post, report it and get em banned. Two birds with one stone.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of either this thread or a designated PM created by me. Period. Semi-Colon. End of story. Question-mark. Discussing the game outside of the designated areas is considered cheating and, I will find you, and I will (mod)kill you.

4. Do not use any secret codes created prior to the game. This falls in line with the above rule; codes created during the game in a PM made by me or within the game thread are completely allowed, but any other codes are against the rules and will result in a modkill. Like I said though, always try to find a way around the rules.

5. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is considered any actions that go against your or your faction's win condition, whether that be attacking a player on your team due to a personal grudge or attempting to kill other players on your team for no discernable reason. Yes, I completely understand that bussing or attacking members of your faction is a completely valid strategy, and yes, the line may get blurry at times, but I think everyone should understand the difference between a strategic attack and a senseless action purposely meant to go against your faction. But if you're trying to save your own skin, go for it. If you're there's 4 cult left, and four townies who can't eliminate the cult, throw your own friends under the bus to get invited to the cult. Use common sense or something, and I guess ask me.

6. Try and avoid posting in this thread during the night. While banter posts are okay in moderation, any form of game-related information cannot be shared in this thread during the night. Do what you want folks. Just don't talk about the game at night. Unless I say it's fine... dun dun dun....

7. If you're dead, don't mention anything related to the game. Even as a joke. I don't care if you want to post another video featuring "We are number one" or a xkcd post, but nothing that could confuse the lucky people who didn't get themselves killed. Plus if you get resurrected you can talk all you want.

8. Don't screenshot or directly quote (using the quote feature) anything from your PM's. This also applies to fake quotes or screenshots, which are against the spirit of the game. In regards to role names and flavors, you can copy and pasta that all you want. Don't really copy stuff from your pm, but I may allow a sentence. Passing fake information off as legitimate is still prohibited. You may copy and paste any information that isn't in your initial pm post (so your role pm basically), or that I say you can't copy this. Basically if you're confused ask me.

TO CLARIFY since it already happened; no copying and pasting your pm. Only flavor and roles, and maybe a sentence from the pm itself.

9. In general, don't abuse any loopholes you come across. The rule list is comprehensive (Mito wrote it so it should be), but it does not cover every possible situation; if you think you've discovered a way to break the game, please run it by me before putting it into action. Remember that, if a situation not covered by the rules arises, I will use my own discretion to solve it. So as long as you don't break the game it's probably fine. Just ask me.

10. Do not edit or delete any posts you make during the game, as this is considered cheating and can be used to cover up any information you may have let slip. Even the slightest hint of editing a post will result in a 3 game ban (pending Mito's approval). We will also be taking reports about other players, and giving out free night kills based on the amount of reports. (pending co-mod's approval)

11. Though this is a hard rule to enforce, quality is always better than quantity. To make both my life and the lives of your fellow players easier, try not to post fluff (aka meaningless content that does nothing to further your personal agenda or the game). Like I said, I won't be enforcing any banter rules, but please be considerate of everyone's time.
    Quantity is important too though. Since you guys wouldn't let me host the game on the other thread, we want 1k pages on here. Fluff is fine. Who cares about being considerate, just get me fame.

12. Inactivity. Too often in the past, players have signed up and then don't play the game. This is incredibly inconsiderate and can ruin the game for everyone. All players are required to post at least 5 game-relevant and quality posts per day phase, unless you inform me of your inavailability ahead of time. Failure to do this will get you replaced. I understand that real life comes first, but please just let me know if you won't be able to be active so I can replace you. Be warned though, I won't actually count the number of posts you make nor the quality. But I will yell at you if you don't post.

13. About using crazy mafia acronyms, there's unfortunately always someone nice enough in the community to explain, so don't feel obliged to not use the fancy terms. Too many nice people :(

14. All anti-town players can request fake flavor and role claim and the town win condition. No guarantee it'll be well written though. Townies can request it too, I don't judge.

15. There can be role repeats, but there can not be a flavor repeat or an exact repeat of an already existing role. Meaning there can be a 1-shot doctor AND a 2-shot doctor, but not two exactly the same 2-shot doctors.

16. Flavors do tie in with the roles (kinda), and flavor is alignment indicative (kinda).

As I mentioned in Rule 9, this is not a comprehensive rulelist, but it should give everyone a good idea of what is and is not allowed.

Be active folks

To late now. But fine, we do need backups, so just say you want to play or something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. Ryast
    2. Nz_Slimeables
    3. Mitochondria

6. SlingshotWaffles

12. Jaggi_King

14. Sharc0

17. Yaxly

19. Aerocync

23. ChrisX3

Day 1 -
    20. Dom - ???, the ???
    Night 1 -
    5. ThePatriarchy (Grones) - The Flying Pumpkin Who Due To An Unfortunate Accident At Birth Turn Into Canned Pumpkin With Added Red Food Dye, the Town Red Goo Odd-Night Neighborizer
    9. Mark_II - The Flying Pumpkin Who's Only Stealing Because They Can't Afford... Ha Who Am I Kidding, You're Evil, the Town Ability Thief
    Day 2 -
    24. NZ_Smileables - The Flying Pumpkin Who's A Chill Guy That Wants Nothing More Than the Destruction Of Everything You Hold Dear And Parties, the Town 1-Shot Party Host
    Nigh 2 -
    15. MostLukelyToSucceed - ???, the ???
    Day 3
    4. PhantomCobalt - The Flying Pumpkin Who Found A Cowboy Hat So You Might As Well Put It To Good Use, the Town 2-Shot Desperado.
    22. SupremeCourt - The Flying Pumpkin Who Actually Can't Fly And Began Hating Pumpkins Who Could Fly So He Decided To Kill Them All... I Mean Decided To Help Them Hahaha, the Town 2-Shot Miller Vigilante
    Random Dead People Dragon's Too Lazy to Find
    7. Atoriax
    8. Tmi489
    10. LunarEta
    11. CactusBlue --> xProScrublord
    13. WhyMinecraft
    16. Ominous_
    18. Skrimiche
    21. Multicellular

Town of Salem, the aforementioned browser game based off of mafia, is definitely the best and most fun way for new players to learn the basics of the game.

This is a very informative guide that talks about basic strategy for new players.

This is a list of all possible roles in the game. Note that custom roles and modifiers from previous games may also appear on the rolelist.

Also just pester Machine or Mito, they'll help you since they're nice people.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Disagree x 9
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Hype Train x 1
  2. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

Garfielf you fat cat

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mightochondria

Mightochondria Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MightNOTochondria

MightNOTochondria Well-Known Member

Welcome, everyone, to the pilot episode of "Catching Scum Before the Game Starts!" I'm your host, Mitochondria, and with me is my co-host (who noticed the same thing I did) @Aerocync. On our first episode of "Catching Scum Before the Game Starts," I am accusing @Mark_II of scumslipping before the first day even began.

[VOTE] Mark [/VOTE]

This is not an RVS vote. This is not a reaction vote. This is a vote made with full intent to kill.

Why, you may be asking yourself? Why would I attack poor, innocent Mark? Is it because he's too aggressive? Is it because he wears a fedora in his profile picture? Is it because he mains Shaman in Warlords?

Let's go over the evidence, shall we?

I would like to direct everyone to exhibit A (our only exhibit, unfortunately):

Okay, Mark says he's a squash? So what? He might've been joking.

Well, my dear murderers, there's a lot of coincidence going on here... and I don't believe in coincidence in mafia. You see, in Dragon's first game, the Squash flavor showed up. What role was the Squash?

"5) 10000 Jelly Doughnuts - The Flying Squash Thingy - Mafia Godfather - Lynched"

Found in the opening post of this thread, dead players list, killed Day 7 in case you don't believe me.

It is also important to remember that, if my flavor is any indication, this game is a sequel to Dragon's previous game. As such (once again, using my flavor as the basis here), it makes sense that the alignment-indicative flavors are still the same as last game. Unless anyone else can prove me wrong, we have no reason to believe that the flavor factions have changed.

It's important to note that Mark did not play Game 14, so it's highly improbable that he made a joke about his flavor being the same as last game's Godfather (besides, there was no indication in his post that he was joking). Of all the fruits and vegetables in the world, it's very, very coincidental that Mark chose the Godfather. Coupled with the fact that Mark said he was excited about his role (Godfather is hella fun to play as), I genuinely believe him to be a member of the scum team.

As such, @Mark_II, I am requesting an actual, serious response and, if you're in the mood, a flavorclaim.

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. Mightochondria

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

I can help
    Damn it
    I'll give you some

I can pay all of you this much and more if you let me live

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

I mean I did kinda praise dragon's game openly to him and I may have told him the flavours but I forget

Anyways I'm fine with this might as well so he doesn't pressure me later :3 [vote]mark[/vote]

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  9. Mightochondria

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Mightochondria

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. MightNOTochondria

MightNOTochondria Well-Known Member

It all seems too coincidental, so I figured it couldn't hurt to pursue this a little bit
    plus i want to be able to say i've caught scum before the game started, so there's that

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Mightochondria

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

I mean, he might actually be squash though, I'm grandfather gopher so I dunno

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Mightochondria

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables Well-Known Member

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    sir please stop bullying me

next level scumslip, before we even start playing

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. LatiasMay

LatiasMay Active Member

for anyone still confused I am "replacing" this fine fellow if you catch my drift

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. LatiasMay

LatiasMay Active Member

you said there would be a night 0 you liar

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. LMAO
    When's mito catches you. I'm curious as well, Mito raised a valid point.
    [VOTE]Mark[\Vote]

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Bitter Mage

• Useful Useful x 1