1. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    I'm not, actually. Town of Salem was released in late 2014, while Mafia has been around since 1986. However, since it's based off of Mafia, Town of Salem is great for those that are new to the concept of this game. The roles that you see over there are the basic ones, and all of the others that you'll see here are easy to figure out when you know how those work.

[​IMG]

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the twentieth game of Hypixel Mafia. I hope you enjoy your stay. In this game, some of you will survive, but most of you will die. It's all based on the choices you make. Some of you may be asking, "what is Chaos Rising?" Well, I'm happy to answer.

For billions of years, the planet has faced many threats. And, until recently, the various dimensions that housed these threats were kept separate. Although it seemed like the good guys always won, many different dimensions were destroyed by the evils that plagued them. A few centuries ago, however, something went horribly wrong. The creator of all darkness was freed from his eternal prison by an unknown power. Even though he cannot directly interact with the dimensions, he has the ability to break the barriers that keep them apart. And now, he has finally absorbed enough energy to do just that. Every dimension, including those where the dead roam, have come together to form a realm that was known as The Origin before it was broken into pieces. And now, the heroes of the universe have no choice but to keep it out of the hands of those that wish to feed the Chaos Rising.

Somewhere in The Void, a black hole sucks the life out of anything that dares to come near it. The Guardians, an ancient group created to protect The Void, fly around it and blast it with glowing energy, hoping to contain this strange evil. A powerful voice is heard from the black hole's center. "Death is near. In 1000 years, I will shred the very fabric of the universe and devour all that has ever existed." The Guardians, suddenly overwhelmed by a feeling of hopelessness, can no longer fight the call of the darkness. They had been made to stop great threats, but power like this was far beyond anything they could've imagined. As they fell into the vast nothingness, they all gave a portion of their strength to a single Guardian, the most powerful, shielding them and giving them the energy they needed to escape. That single Guardian was the universe's last hope.

Trillions of light years away, the Guardian arrives at his destination. It is a vast orb, similar to a star, only much larger. It is where all life in the universe draws its strength from. Everything that has ever existed comes from this orb, and it has always been the light that keeps the darkness from spreading. The Guardian teleports to the center of the orb and starts to absorb its energy.

A millenium has passed and the orb no longer exists. Now there is just the Guardian, who has been preparing for this day. Although he cannot fight the creator of darkness without destroying the universe, he can influence what happens to those that are defending it. And we'll all just have to hope that it's enough.

Below you'll find everything that you need to know about this game, and the special Modified Greatest Idea setup that will be used. Even though you veteran players will likely know a lot of this stuff already, you should still read most of it, especially the rules and such. If you have a question that isn't answered in these next few spoilers, be sure to ask in this thread or your PM and bayleef or I will answer them to the best of our ability.

Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. You get to lie to people, and try and solve the puzzle that is a Mafia game using logic, psychology, and deductive reasoning.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are at the start of the game. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and can easily gain the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

Will the Town figure out who is a part of the Mafia and eliminate them? Or will the Mafia trick the Town and topple the galaxy into chaos? That's the question that this game will answer.

Each player will have a role and alignment, which will be outlined in their role PM. A role indicates what powers a player has, while their alignment indicates whose side they're on.

From there, Mafia is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched by using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. The Day will end after a period of 48 hours, at which point the player with the most votes is lynched. It is also possible to end day eariler if a specific player receives half of the votes of the surviving players plus one (this will be outlined in day-starting mod posts throughout the game). When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, role blocking, etc. another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cyles will repeat until a winner has been determined (typically until only one faction of players remains alive). I will then hand out some awards to recognize the best players and moments of the game, and then this mafia round will come to an end!

Mafia is a great way to make a lot of new friends on the forums all while having a great time playing (in my opinion) a really fun forum game.

Look, I know you'd all rather not have to deal with rules, but the game wouldn't be fun without them. Make sure you know ALL of these, because they will be enforced. Claiming that you didn't know about a rule will not change your punishment.

>Everybody must remember that, no matter how intense things might get, this is just a game. You must respect the other players. Attacking other players for game-related reasons is fine, but once things get personal, I will step in and do what is necessary. If it has to come to me banning players, know that I have the full support of the other players in these scenarios. I hope it never has to come to this, but staff will get involved if I have to. Also, you might get mad or salty, but try to remember that nobody else wants to hear about it. They're just trying to have fun.

>All posts must be PG. Although it might slip your mind at times, we are using the Hypixel forums to run these games. We must respect their rules while doing so.

>Do not discuss the game outside of this thread and all of the PMs that are a part of it. Talking about game-related stuff in Skype chats or with any IRL friends playing or anywhere that I don't know about IS cheating and WILL get you modkilled. There has never been a time where cheaters haven't been caught, so don't bother. Plus, you have to deal with the knowledge that you're ruining everybody else's fun.

>I understand that some people might wish to play with an alt for various reasons, but sadly it is required that you tell me what your main account is. I won't tell anybody else about it, but it's something that I have to know so that I can be sure that no cheating is happening.

>Since this has been an issue in the past, I must make sure that everybody is aware of the fact that secret codes are not allowed. If it's something that you make up in this thread or in a PM that I make, you're good to go. But if it's something that I can't understand, it isn't allowed. This is, again, because players can cheat using codes.

>"Gamethrowing" is something that you might see people talk about in this thread. Basically, gamethrowing is when you play against the faction that you are assigned. This is, for obvious reasons, not allowed. If it's something that you're doing for any reason other than because it helps you win the game, don't do it.

>During the 24 hour Night phase, you are not allowed to discuss the game. Banter is fine as long as it isn't excessive. If I have a problem with the amount of posting that is happening, I'll post a warning. The title will be updated and players will be told when Night is about to start, so there will be no excuses.

>Once you die, you are not allowed to post anything that has to do with the game. Banter is okay as long as you don't spam the thread. Remember, some people can't be on all the time and they need to be able to catch up. Make sure you double-check what you're about to post, you might be about to say something game-related without even realizing it. You will be tagged in the thread when you die and I will tell you in your PM. Again, no excuses.

>You may not quote or screenshot anything that I send you in your Role PM. I don't care if it's real or not, you will be modkilled. In some cases, verbatim may be allowed, but make sure you ask about it first.

>You may discover a loophole during the game that can be abused. Please let me know if you find one of these. I will let you know if it's allowed or not. If you decided to try and abuse it rather than telling me, you will be punished.

>Editing posts is not allowed. If you didn't mean to say something, you're stuck with it. Correcting a spelling error or something like that is fine as long as you explain the edit in the post. But try not to make a bunch of posts in a row, I'd like to keep the post count from getting too high.

>Role repeats are most certainly possible.

>I understand that some of you might be a fan of the messaging system, but I'm personally not a fan of it. Scum players will be able to communicate during the Day, and for Town players that are actually trying to be productive, it's way too finicky. So sorry, it won't be in this game.

>Any any anti-town player will be able to request a flavor fakeclaim. This is simply because I'm against the idea of everybody saying their flavor names and then trying to figure out the repeats/which make the least sense.

>To vote for a player, use the format [VOTE] (PlayerName) [/VOTE]. Any votes not using this format will not be counted. I don't care if you abbreviate names, and unvoting isn't necessary.

>There may be players with commands that can be used in the thread during the Day phase. Fake commands are not allowed this game. All they do is cause confusion. If you are submitting a command, tag me so that I can take care of it.

>One of the great things about last game is that at least 112% of the players requested replacements. It got to the point where dead players had to replace in and it basically ruined the game. So, if you know that you'll only be able to play for like a day or two, please don't sign up. Dealing with that last game was frustrating for the players, and probably even worse for Supreme.

>Roleclaiming rules haven't been necessary the last few games, and I'd like to keep it that way if possible. If massclaiming starts to happen, rules will be put in place to stop it.

>Obviously, role requests aren't possible. However, if you'd like to see a flavor in the game, tell me and I'll consider it.

>In the past, there have been times where newer players have been taken advantage of, as they lack the knowledge that experienced players might have. I have argued against this, and will continue to do so. Any player who attempts to take advantage of anybody will be punished. I refuse to allow this sort of thing to be tolerated in our community.

>Bayleef0909 will be co-hosting this game so that he can get modding experience. Anything that he says is just as valid as what I say. If I have to correct something, I will, but otherwise you should pay attention to what he says.

Simply make a post saying "/in" and you'll be added to the list of players. You'll know that you've been added because I'll give your post a hype train. If 32 players have already signed up, any extras will become backups.

Modified Greatest Idea is a Semi-Open setup, which means that you will have a list of possible roles, but all of them won't be in the game. The full role list is further down in the thread, but here I'll explain how you go from signing up to having your role.

You're assigned five role cards from the list of possible roles. Then you choose two for your alignment and two for your role, throwing one away, which is revealed at the start of the game. For example, you could get Mafia Goon, Town Watcher, Werewolf Doctor, Town Private Investigator, and Serial Killer. Say you choose Mafia Goon/Werewolf Doctor for your alignment and Town Watcher/Private Investigator for role. You then have 1/4 chance to get Mafia Watcher, Mafia Private Investigator, Werewolf Watcher, or Werewolf Private Investigator. Then you're assigned a modifier from the list. For example, you could be the Watchlisted Werewolf Private Investigator. You're part of the Werewolf faction, invest a player to see if they're Cult or not, and show up as "Serial Killer" to FBI Agents.

Since things can be extremely unbalanced with this setup, each player will have a 1-Shot ability that they can use at any point during the game to try and solve the problem. Some of these may be relatively useless, like a 1-Shot Faith Heal with a 75% chance to fail, but some may be powerful, like a 1-Shot Daykill.

The deaths of some players will trigger events that will change the game. Players will not be told that their death will trigger an event.

1. Ryast-Ette (again)
    2. Nz_Slimeables
    9. Tmi489
    10. Dom
    13. Sharc0vitzIsTrash
    14. xProScrublord
    18. Dinodinodude
    19. SlingshotFoxIsTrash
    24. DragonKing87 (again)
    26. XCVigilance
    30. XCVIII
    32. Lava_

8. Multicellular: Fenrir Greyback, the Bulletproof Werewolf Bloodhound (Lynched D1)
    6. TabooIsTrash: Dr. Griffin, the Athiest Town Role Cop (Died N1)
    27. DragonKing87: Princess Zelda, the Athiest Town Flavor Cop (Died N1)
    22. mrninja1: Sherlock Holmes, the Neighbor Town Follower (Lynched D2)
    31. Weeabumaru: Medea, the Priest Werewolf Doctor (Died N2)
    21. LunarZeta: Charles Francis Xavier, the Supersaint Role Cop (Died N2)
    29. joshua123_4: Sirius Black, the Beloved Town Universal Backup turned Bloodhound (Died N2)
    3. dwlee99: A Siren, the Invest-Immune Mafia Jailkeeper (Died N2)
    28. Serendipity: Unknown (Treestumped N2)
    4. Quicksilver666: The Thing, the
    Ascetic Survivor Universal Backup turned Bloodhound (Lynched D3)
    12. ItzzGaming: Robin Hood, the
    Unlynchable Town Jailkeeper (Died N3)
    15. Mitochondria: Count Dracula, the
    Lover Werewolf Bloodsucker (Died D4)
    23. Ryast-Ette: John Seward, the
    Lover Town Investigative-of-all-trades (Died N4)
    25. Foxigami: Iago, the
    Loved Mafia Bloodhound (Lynched D4)
    17. DatGamer: Calypso, the 1-Shot Bulletproof Survivor Jailkeeper (Lynched D4)
    11. Aidan1600904: John H. Watson, the Hated Town Tracker (Died N4)
    7. BadPlayerBadNameIsTrash: Ichabod Crane, the Cowardly Town Janitor (Died N4)
    16. Ches (Remoraid): Lord Voldemort, the Compulsive Cult 4-Shot Doctor (Died N4)
    20. Markiavelli: Zorro, the
    Priest Cult Vigilante (Died N4)
    5. Grones: Heracles, the Cult 2-Shot Gladiator (Died N4)

1. weeaboo
    2. Nz_Slimeables
    3. Atoriax
    4. Quicksilver666
    5. KittiesAreCool
    6. TabooIsTrash
    7. TheSalt_
    8. Multicellular
    9. Tmi489
    10. Dom
    11. Aidan1600904
    12. ItzzGaming
    13. SupremeCourt
    14. xProScrublord
    15. Mitochondria
    16. Ches (Remoraid)
    17. DatGamer
    18. Dinodinodude
    19. SlingshotFoxIsTrash
    20. Markiavelli
    21. LunarZeta
    22. mrninja1
    23. 12am (Midnight-Ette)
    24. oGreninja (AntiGreen)
    25. Foxigami
    26. XCVigilance
    27. DragonKing87
    28. Serendipity
    29. joshua123_4
    30. XCVIII
    31. Weeabumaru (ChangeName200601)
    32. Lava_

None

Oh yeah. That's sort of important. This list is a slightly modified version of the one on the wiki page. I removed the boring roles like Tourist and added a few. Think of this as Modified Modified Greatest Idea game. Not complicated at all.

Roles
    1. Vanilla Townie
    2. Vanilla Townie
    3. Vanilla Townie
    4. Vanilla Townie
    5. Vanilla Townie
    6. Vanilla Townie
    7. Vanilla Townie
    8. Vanilla Townie
    9. Vanilla Townie
    10. Vanilla Townie
    11. Watcher
    12. Watcher
    13. Tracker
    14. Tracker
    15. Cop
    16. Cop
    17. Cop
    18. Seer
    19. Seer
    20. Seer
    21. FBI Agent
    22. FBI Agent
    23. Private Investigator
    24. Private Investigator
    25. Bloodhound
    26. Bloodhound
    27. Doctor
    28. Doctor
    29. Doctor
    30. Roleblocker
    31. Roleblocker
    32. Roleblocker
    33. Jailkeeper
    34. Jailkeeper
    35. Bodyguard
    36. Bodyguard
    37. Babysitter
    38. Babysitter
    39. Vigilante
    40. Vigilante
    41. Doublevoter
    42. Doublevoter
    43. Jack-of-all-trades (One Roleblock, Cop, Seer, Doctor, Vigilante)
    44. Jack-of-all-trades
    45. Investigative-of-all-trades (One Cop, Seer, FBI Agent, Private Investigator, and Coroner)
    46. Investigative-of-all-trades
    47. Nymphomaniac
    48. Nymphomaniac
    49. One-shot Governor
    50. Two-shot Governor
    51. Hider
    52. Hider
    53. Enabler
    54. Enabler
    55. Captain
    56. Captain
    57. Reporter
    58. Reporter
    59. One-shot Kingmaker
    60. Two-shot Kingmaker
    61. One-shot Coroner
    62. Two-shot Coroner
    63. Role Cop
    64. Role Cop
    65. Flavor Cop
    66. Flavor Cop
    67. Universal Backup
    68. Universal Backup
    69. One-shot Commuter
    70. Two-shot Commuter
    71. One-shot Gladiator
    72. Two-shot Gladiator
    73. Psychiatrist
    74. Deprogrammer
    75. Underdog
    76. Underdog
    77. Neighborizer
    78. Neighborizer
    79. Motivator
    80. Motivator
    81. Clairvoyant
    82. Clairvoyant
    83. Follower
    84. Follower
    85. 1-Shot Day Vigilante
    86. 1-Shot Day Vigilante

87. Mafia Goon
    88. Mafia Goon
    89. Mafia Goon
    90. Mafia Goon
    91. Mafia Goon
    92. Mafia Godfather
    93. Mafia Bus Driver
    94. Mafia Bus Driver
    95. Mafia Janitor
    96. Mafia Janitor
    97. Mafia Follower
    98. Mafia Watcher
    99. Mafia Doctor
    100. Mafia Roleblocker
    101. Mafia Seer
    102. Mafia Role Cop
    103. Mafia Jailkeeper
    104. Mafia Bodyguard
    105. Mafia Babysitter
    106. Mafia FBI Agent
    107. Mafia Private Investigator
    108. Mafia Universal Backup

109. Werewolf
    110. Werewolf
    111. Werewolf
    112. Werewolf
    113. Werewolf
    114. Werewolf Alpha
    115. Werewolf Bus Driver
    116. Werewolf Bus Driver
    117. Werewolf Janitor
    118. Werewolf Janitor
    119. Werewolf Doctor
    120. Werewolf Jailkeeper
    121. Werewolf Role Cop
    122. Werewolf Babysitter
    123. Werewolf Roleblocker
    124. Werewolf Follower
    125. Werewolf Bodyguard
    126. Werewolf Cop
    127. Werewolf Watcher
    128. Werewolf FBI Agent
    129. Werewolf Private Investigator
    130. Werewolf Universal Backup

131. Survivor
    132. Survivor
    133. Survivor
    134. Survivor
    135. Survivor Vanillaiser
    136. Survivor Bloodsucker
    137. Survivor Mafia Sympathiser
    138. Survivor Werewolf Sympathizer

139. Cult Leader
    140. 4-Shot Cult Leader
    141. 4-Shot Cult Leader
    142. 4-Shot Cult Leader

143. Serial Killer
    144. Serial Killer
    145. Serial Killer
    146. Serial Killer

147. Lyncher
    148. Lyncher
    149. Unlyncher
    150. Unlyncher

Modifiers
    1. No Modifier
    2. No Modifier
    3. No Modifier
    4. No Modifier
    5. No Modifier
    6. No Modifier
    7. No Modifier
    8. No Modifier
    9. No Modifier
    10. Neighbor
    11. Neighbor
    12. Neighbor
    13. Neighbor
    14. Neighbor
    15. Neighbor
    16. Lover
    17. Lover
    18. Lover
    19. Lover
    20. Lover
    21. Lover
    22. Day
    23. Day
    24. Weak
    25. Weak
    26. Macho
    27. Bomb
    28. Bomb
    29. Supersaint
    30. Supersaint
    31. Compulsive
    32. Compulsive
    33. One-shot Paranoid Gun Owner
    34. Paranoid Gun Owner
    35. One-shot Unlynchable
    36. Unlynchable
    37. One-shot Bulletproof
    38. Bulletproof
    39. Gravedigger
    40. Vengeful
    41. Vengeful
    42. Actor
    43. Priest
    44. Beloved
    45. Hero
    46. Loved
    47. Loved
    48. Hated
    49. Hated
    50. Miller
    51. Innocent
    52. Hirsute
    53. Glabrous
    54. Evangelistic
    55. Atheist
    56. Watchlisted
    57. Dexter
    58. Retired Cop
    59. Retired Werewolf Hunter
    60. Retired Marine
    61. Ascetic
    62. Reflexive
    63. Ninja
    64. Strongman
    65. Strongman
    66. Cowardly
    67. Cowardly
    68. Loyal
    69. Loud
    70. Bloodthirsty
    71. Double-Down
    72. One-shot
    73. Two-shot
    74. Odd-night
    75. Even-night
    76. Invest-Immune
    77. Suspicious
    78. Novice
    79. 1-Shot Deathproof
    80. 1-Shot Collateral

Changelog:
    1. Removed Survivor Psychotrooper and Survivor Silencer
    2. Changed three out of four Cult Leaders to 4-Shot
    3. Changed two Lynchers to Unlynchers (Lynchers are boring)
    4. Added one Seer shot to JOAT
    5. Added two Invest-of-all-trades
    6. Changed Mafia/Werewolf Trackers to Followers
    7. Removed Treestumps, Tourists, Restless Spirits, and Fruit Vendors
    8. Changed Vanilla Cops to Flavor Cops
    9. Added two Town Universal Backups and one Mafia/Werewolf Universal Backup
    10. Added one Mafia Godfather and Werewolf Alpha
    11. Added two 1-Shot Dayvigs
    12. Added Invest-Immune, Suspicious, Novice, 1-Shot Deathproof, and 1-Shot Collateral
    13. Changed one Psychiatrist to a Deprogrammer

Role Descriptions
    Vanilla/Goon:
    You may only vote.
    Watcher:
    Target a player each night. You will be told everyone who targeted that player. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Tracker:
    Target a player each night. You will be told everyone that the player targets. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Follower:
    Target a player each night. You will be told what type of action they perform. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Cop:
    Target a player each night. You will be told if that player is with the mafia. Results are given in the form of: Mafia/Not Mafia. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Seer:
    Target a player each night. You will be told if that player is with the werewolves. Results are given in the form of: Werewolf/Not Werewolf. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    FBI Agent:
    Target a player each night. You will be told if that player is with a Serial Killer. Results are given in the form of: Serial Killer/Not Serial Killer. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Private Investigator:
    Target a player each night. You will be told if that player is with a cult. Results are given in the form of: Cult/Not Cult. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Bloodhound:
    Target a player each night. You will be told if that player is with the town. Results are given in the form of: Town/Not Town. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Doctor:
    Target a player each night. They will be protected from nightkills during the night.
    Roleblocker:
    Target a player each night. They will be prevented from using any active abilities they might have.
    Jailkeeper:
    Target a player each night. They will be protected and roleblocked.
    Bodyguard:
    Target a player each night. If they are going to die, you will die instead of them while also killing the attacker.
    Babysitter:
    Target a player each night. They will he protected from all nightkills. But if you die, they will die with you.
    Vigilante:
    Target a player each night. They will be killed.
    Doublevoter:
    Your vote counts twice. Use the command [REVEAL] Doublevoter [/REVEAL] at any time during the day to active this ability.
    Jack-of-All-Trades:
    You have five, one-shot abilities. You may use one of them each night. Your abilities are Cop, Seer, Doctor, Roleblocker, and Vigilante.
    Investigative-of-All-Trades:
    You have five, one-shot abilities. You may use one of them each night. Your abilities are Cop, Seer, FBI Agent, Private Investigator, and Coroner.
    Nymphomaniac:
    Target a player during the first night. You and that player will become lovers. If you don't choose a player, your target will be randomized.
    Governor:
    During the day, you may post [VETO] Lynch [/VETO]. Whoever is lynched that day will survive.
    Hider:
    Target a player each night. Any abilities that target you will fail. Any kills that target the person you are hiding behind will effect both of you. If you attempt to hide behind someone who is anti-town, you will be killed. Nothing can prevent this form of death.
    Enabler:
    During pregame, you will pick a player. Any active abilities they have will only work while you are living.
    Captain:
    During pregame, you will be assigned two random players. You will be informed of any active abilities they possess, but you will not be told who they are. During the night, you may send in the player's action for them, they will decide to follow or ignore your submission. If they ignore you, they will not be able to use their action.
    Reporter:
    Target a player during the night. You will be told if they leave their house. Results are given in the form: Home/Not Home. If blocked you will recieve 'No Result'. You can also choose to hide in your office at night and be unable to be targeted by any actions. You may not hide in your office two nights in a row.
    Kingmaker:
    Target a player during the night. If they are alive at daybreak, they will be the only person allowed to vote. Whoever they vote will be lynched.
    Coroner:
    Target a player during the night. If they die, you will be told everyone that targeted them that night. You may target dead players, you will be told everyone that targeted them the night they died.
    Role Cop:
    Target a player during the night. You will be told any passive and active abilities they have. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Flavor Cop:
    Target a player during the night. You will be told what that player's flavor is. If blocked, you will receive 'No Result'.
    Universal Backup:
    You will become the role of the first player with an active ability that dies.
    Commuter:
    Use your ability during the night. You will leave the town and be unable to be targeted by any actions.
    Gladiator:
    During the day, you may use the command [BRAWL] (PlayerName) [/BRAWL]. Players may only vote for you or them for the rest of the day. All votes will be reset.
    Psychiatrist:
    Target a player during the night. If they are a Serial Killer, they will become a Vanilla Townie.
    Deprogrammer:
    Target a player during the night. If they are in a Cult, they will become a Vanilla Townie.
    Underdog:
    You will become the alignment of the first player that dies.
    Neighborizer:
    Target a player during the night. You will be able to talk to them during the following nights.
    Motivator:
    Target a player during the night. If they are still alive the following night, they will be able to perform their action twice.
    Clairvoyant:
    During pregame, you will be told how many faction are in the game. Mafia, Werewolves, and Town count as one faction each. Each independent counts as their own, seperate faction.
    1-Shot Day Vigilante:
    During the day, you may use the command [SHOOT] (PlayerName) [/SHOOT]. That player will be killed at the end of the day. You can only do this once.
    Mafia Godfather:
    You investigate as "Not Mafia" to Cops and are Bulletproof. While you are alive, you perform the mafia factional kill each night.
    Werewolf Alpha:
    You investigate as "Not Werewolf" to Seers and are Bulletproof. While you are alive, you perform the werewolf factional kill each night.
    Bus Driver:
    Target two players during the night. Any actions that hit the first player will be redirected onto the second and any actions that hit the second player will be redirected onto the first.
    Janitor:
    Target a player during the night. If they die, their flip will be hidden.
    Vanillaiser:
    Target a player during the night. They will lose all active abilities they possessed.
    Bloodsucker:
    Target a player during the night. They will be treestumped. Your faction may not use this ability and kill someone in the same night.
    Mafia Sympathiser:
    If there are other Mafia, you will join them as a Goon. If there aren't, you will become a Vanilla Townie.
    Werewolf Sympathiser:
    If there are other Werewolves, you will join them as a Werewolf. If there aren't, you will become a Vanilla Townie.
    Cult Leader:
    Target a player at night to make them a part of the cult. They will keep all passive and active abilities that they have. If you die, all other members of the cult die as well. If you target a member of the mafia or a werewolf, you will be roleblocked.
    4-Shot Cult Leader:
    Target a player at night to make them a part of the cult. They will keep all passive and active abilities that they have. If you die, all other members of the cult die as well. If you target a member of the mafia or a werewolf, you will be roleblocked. You can only do this four times.
    Serial Killer:
    Target a player at night to kill them. You are Bulletproof.
    Lyncher:
    During pregame, you will be assigned a player. If that player is lynched, you win.
    Unlyncher:
    During pregame, you will be assigned a player. If that player is not lynched, you win.

Modifier Descriptions
    Neighbor:
    You may talk to any Neighbors you may have at any time.
    Lover:
    If your lover dies, you will commit suicide. They will do the same for you. You can talk to any Lovers you may have at any time.
    Day:
    Your action must be performed during the day instead of the night.
    Weak:
    If you target anti-town players with your action, you will die. Nothing can prevent this form of death.
    Macho:
    You cannot be protected.
    Bomb:
    If you are killed during the night, the person who killed you will also die.
    Supersaint:
    If you are lynched during the day, the person who hammered you will also die.
    Compulsive:
    Your action must be performed at every possible opportunity. If you do not submit your action, it will be randomized.
    Paranoid Gun Owner:
    If anyone targets you during the night, they will die.
    Unlynchable:
    You cannot be lynched.
    Bulletproof:
    You cannot be killed at night.
    Gravedigger:
    You will show up targeting all players that died during the night in addition to your other targets.
    Vengeful:
    When you die, you must kill a player.
    Actor:
    You can only vote players if they are one vote from being lynched.
    Priest:
    You cannot vote players if they are one vote from being lynched.
    Beloved:
    If you are lynched, the next day will be skipped.
    Hero:
    If a King tries to lynch you, they will die instead.
    Loved:
    It takes one more vote to lynch you.
    Hated:
    It takes one less vote to lynch you.
    Miller:
    You always investigate as 'Mafia' to Cops.
    Innocent:
    You always investigate as 'Not Mafia' to Cops.
    Hirsute:
    You always investigate as 'Werewolf' to Seers.
    Glabrous:
    You always investigate as 'Not Werewolf' to Seers.
    Evangelistic:
    You always investigate as 'Cult' to Private Investigators.
    Atheist:
    You always investigate as 'Not Cult' to Private Investigators.
    Watchlisted:
    You always investigate as 'Serial Killer' to FBI Agents.
    Dexter:
    You always investigate as 'Not Serial Killer' to FBI Agents.
    Retired Cop:
    You are immune to Mafia kills.
    Retired Werewolf Hunter:
    You are immune to Werewolf kills.
    Retired Marine:
    You are immune to Serial Killer kills.
    Ascetic:
    All actions that target you other than kills will fail.
    Reflexive:
    You cannot choose a player to target at night. Instead, anyone that targets you, you will target.
    Ninja:
    Your actions cannot be seen.
    Strongman:
    Your actions cannot be blocked.
    Cowardly:
    If you target an anti-town player, you will be roleblocked.
    Loyal:
    If you target anyone not aligned with your faction, you will be roleblocked.
    Loud:
    If you target any players, they will be informed that you did, but they will not be told what you did.
    Bloodthirsty:
    You must kill a player during the night. If you don't, all actions you perform will be blocked.
    Double-Down:
    You must use your ability twice each nigh, However, if either action fails (e.g. you target a hiding/commuting player), both actions fail.
    Invest-Immune:
    All investigative roles will receive a positive result on you. This includes Trackers, Watchers, Followers, etc.
    Suspicious:
    All investigative roles will receive a negative result on you. This includes Trackers, Watchers, Followers, etc.
    Novice:
    You cannot use your action on the first night/day.
    1-Shot Deathproof:
    The first time you are attacked or lynched, you will survive.
    1-Shot Collateral:
    Once during the game, you can choose to have your action also target the player above and below your target on the living players list.

Things to Note
    1. You are stuck with any modifier you get, regardless of the effect it has. For example, if you are a Town Dexter, you will still be shown as 'Dexter' to Rolecops.
    2. While the setup is designed to make any role and alignment be workable, in the event someone were to be unkillable for whatever reason, a reroll is required.
    3. Due to the swingyness of the setup, balance is not guaranteed.
    4. All factions (Lovers, Neighbors, Mafia, Werewolves, and Cult) will be allowed to communicate during the night and day.
    5. If there is only one Lover/Neighbor, the ability is null. If there are two or three, they are all paired together. If there are four or five, they will be paired in separate groups of two or three. When possible, groups of two will be used.
    6. The Neighborizer is given a seperate PM for each neighbor.
    7. Factional abilities cannot be lost when pairing the faction's alignment with another role. Mafia, Werewolves, and Serial Killers all have factional night kills. A player aligned as Cult at the beginning of the game still gets a Cult recruitment (functioning as a Cult Leader/Recruiter) along with whatever role their alignment is paired with (e.g. a Cult Tracker gets to both recruit and track at night).
    8. Note that Goons, Werewolves, Cult Leaders, Serial Killers, Lynchers, and Survivors are considered to have the "Vanilla" role when paired with other alignments, e.g. Town Goon, WereTownie, Town Leader, Serial Townie, Lynching Townie, Surviving Townie when paired with the "Town" alignment. Though cosmetically different, all are, for all intents and purposes, Vanilla Townies. Role Cops will return "Goon," "Were," "Leader," "Serial," "Lynching," "Surviving" for each, respectively.
    NOTE: Certain modifiers may or may not apply to factional abilities. Modifiers that DO NOT apply to factional abilities include: Day, Weak, Compulsive, Cowardly, Loyal, Loud, Reflexive, Double-Down, Novice. Modifiers that DO apply to factional abilities include: Ninja, Strongman, Bloodthirsty, 1-Shot Collateral.

1. weeaboo: 2-Shot Gladiator
    2. Nz_Slimeables: Vanilla Townie
    3. Atoriax: Lyncher
    4. Quicksilver666: Nymphomaniac
    5. (!) KittiesAreCool: Lyncher
    6. TabooIsTrash: Mafia Goon
    7. TheSalt_: Vanilla Townie
    8. Multicellular: Vanilla Townie
    9. Tmi489: 2-Shot Commuter
    10. Dom: Unlyncher
    11. Aidan1600904: Lyncher
    12. ItzzGamingIsTrash: Mafia Private Investigator
    13. SupremeCourt: Unlyncher
    14. xProScrublord: Psychiatrist
    15. MitochondriaIsTrash: Follower
    16. Ches (Remoraid): Private Investigator
    17. DatGamer: Doublevoter
    18. Dinodinodude: Vanilla Townie
    19. SlingshotFoxIsTrash: Babysitter
    20. Markiavelli: 1-Shot Kingmaker
    21. LunarZeta: Werewolf Watcher
    22. (!) mrninja1: Survivor Bloodsucker
    23. 12am (Midnight-Ette): Babysitter
    24. oGreninja (AntiGreen): 4-Shot Cult Leader
    25. Foxigami: Motivator
    26. XCVigilance: Mafia Watcher
    27. DragonKing87: Mafia FBI Agent
    28. Serendipity: Vanilla Townie
    29. (!) joshua123_4: Mafia Roleblocker
    30. XCVIII: Mafia Bus Driver
    31. Weeabumaru (ChangeName200601): Enabler
    32. LavaIsTrash: Serial Killer

Hm... I think that's about it. Again, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. And, as always... HAVE FUN!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    • Hype Train x 14
    • Like x 4
    • Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Well-Known Member

Last time I tried mafia it was during finals and I had to drop out due to inactivity, now its summer and I guess why not.

/in

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    What game did you play in? I don't remember seeing you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  4. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Well-Known Member

I played in XVIII I barely participated, it was my first and only mafia, but I was really busy and stressed at the time and had to drop out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables Well-Known Member

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    I'd like to sign up for the Survivor role
    /s

/in tho, this will be a lotta fun

• Like Like x 2
  6. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    Ah. I skipped that one because I wanted to take a break. If you have any questions, let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    @SlingshotFoxIsTrash @Midnight-Ette

Losers that wanted to be tagged.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  8. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    Also, about flavour:
    - Do we get assigned it after we get our roles, or is flavour not role indicative?
    - What's the general theme for player flavour? Is it just anything?
    - Can we request flavour to go with our roles if we know something that suits it way better and isnt taken by anyone else

Also are we told what our 1 shot action does

• Like Like x 1
  9. Atoriax

Atoriax Well-Known Member

Atoriax
    VIP+
    /in

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    1. Flavor is somewhat role indicative, but now 100%. Yes, you get it after you're assigned a role.
    2. Mainly famous protagonists and antagonists. They could be anywhere from Sherlock Holmes to Galactus (;))
    3. Sure. You won't 100% get it, but I'll take it into consideration.
    4. Yes, you're told what the 1-Shot does ;P

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    So on a scale of 1 to Batman how famous / obscure could they be

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    Some might be famous, some might be obscure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Taboo

Taboo Well-Known Member

Taboo
    MVP+
    SabreTooth L
    OFFICER
    /in

Edit make me number 6

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1