1. Aidan1600904

Aidan1600904 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, Town of Salem is based on Mafia. Mafia was originally created as a card game in the mid-1980's, and quickly grew in popularity across the Internet. This is just the latest iteration of the popular forum game.

Sorry, at least it’s not another MW rage thread.

[​IMG]

Welcome to Greater Idea Mafia! This is the eighteenth installment of the insanely popular forum game known as Hypixel Mafia. Before the game begins, I'll need to explain the rules and provide some information on how exactly mafia works. I'll also go in depth on this game's special mechanics. All players who want to participate should read through this entire thread in order to make sure that they have a firm understanding of the game.

At its core, Mafia revolves around an uninformed majority (Town) attempting to find an informed minority (Mafia). To do this, the Town can interrogate, question, and talk with other players during the daytime, looking for suspicious or peculiar behavior. At the end of the day, the Town can vote for a player to lynch, which will remove them from the game and cause their alignment to be revealed.

After this, the night begins. Nobody can post in the thread, and the Mafia are able to kill another player in secret. Players with special powers can investigate, protect, or roleblock players during this time as well. After the dead players are revealed, the next day begins and play continues from there. The game goes on until either the Town or Mafia achieve their win condition.

Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. You get to lie to people, and try and solve the puzzle that is a Mafia game using logic, psychology, and deductive reasoning.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are at the start of the game. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and can easily gain the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

Will the Town figure out who is a part of the Mafia and eliminate them? Or will the Mafia trick the Town and topple the galaxy into chaos? That's the question that this game will answer.

Each player will have a role and alignment, which will be outlined in their role PM. A role indicates what powers a player has, while their alignment indicates whose side they're on.

From there, Mafia is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched by using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. The Day will end after a period of 48 hours, at which point the player with the most votes is lynched. It is also possible to end day eariler if a specific player receives half of the votes of the surviving players plus one (this will be outlined in day-starting mod posts throughout the game). When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, role blocking, etc. another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cyles will repeat until a winner has been determined (typically until only one faction of players remains alive). I will then hand out some awards to recognize the best players and moments of the game, and then this mafia round will come to an end!

Mafia is a great way to make a lot of new friends on the forums all while having a great time playing (in my opinion) a really fun forum game.

The twist with Greater Idea Mafia is that everyone receives two possibles roles. They are then allowed to choose which one they would rather be. However, the discarded roles are all revealed in the main thread, which can lead to interesting situations.

Say for example, I got Mafia Godfather and Town 3-Shot Vig. If I discard the Vig and choose Godfather, then everyone will know that I picked some role over Vig. Therefore, I will need to have a fakeclaim that is "better" than a Vig, or else my fakeclaim will seem suspicious. In a way, this means that the Random Voting Phase is completely skipped, as the initial votes are all based off of what roles were discarded.

See the following post for more information on the setup.

To make sure that the game goes smoothly and everyone has fun, there are some rules I have put in place. It's important that everyone understands and reads through these, because they will be enforced. Breaking any of these rules will get you first a warning, then a negative in-game modifier, and then a modkill from the game. It's three strikes and you're out.

-Everyone must remain respectful of each other. Mafia can get heated at times, and you'll likely get into debates and/or get called a liar. However, personal attacks on another player aren't allowed. This has been an issue recently; please try to keep your salt and/or aggressive comments to yourself. If people start throwing insults, I will step in and, if necessary, ban players from future games.

-Please remember to keep all posts PG-rated. Remember that we are on the HP forums, so there’s a wide variety of age groups that may read through these posts.

-No one is to discuss this game outside of this thread, or any PMs that I send you. Talking about the game with any IRL friends you might have playing, or on Skype, or on Hypixel, or through a PM that you make, or any other form of communication that I don't know about is considered cheating, and will get you modkilled very quickly. Don't cheat; it annoys everyone else and can potentially ruin the game.

-If you are using an alt account, you must tell me your normal account in your role PM. I won't tell anyone else who owns the alt, but it's important that I know the owners of all alts to prevent any cheating from occurring.

-Don't use any secret codes that you might have come up with outside of this thread. This goes hand in hand with the "cheating" rule mentioned above; secret codes that weren't made in this thread (or in a PM that I created) are against the rules.

-Do not purposely hurt your own faction. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend or have a personal grudge against a specific person. If I find out you purposely hurt your team, you will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

-Keep posting to a minimum during the night phase. While banter (in small amounts) during the night is okay, game-related information is not. You will know that it's night by the title of the thread. I will give a 15 minute warning before night starts (try not to post after this warning), but posting after night officially begins is grounds for the three-strikes rule to come into play. Please note that you can post in the banter section all you want during the night.

-Once you are dead, you may only post once until the game ends. Like the above rule, I am enforcing this. If you post after you are dead, you'll receive first a warning and then a ban from the next game. I'll keep an accurate list of living and dead players, as well as sending you a PM when you die, so there's no excuses. Also like the above rule, you can talk in the banter thread all you want; however, sharing game-related information will result in an immediate ban from the next game.

-You may not quote or take a screenshot of any PMs that I send you. It doesn't matter if it's real or fake, doing this will get you an instant modkill.

-In general, don’t abuse any loopholes not directly covered in the rules. If your actions are going to cause problems with other players or potentially ruin the game, you probably shouldn’t be doing them.

-You may not edit your posts, if at all possible, but this also doesn't give you the liberty to post 4+ times in a row. Try and get all of your thoughts into one post to keep the post count of these threads down. Remember, quality is better than quantity.

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. You do not have to unvote a player if you wish to vote for someone else; simply vote for a new person using the above format.

-Some roles will be given specific commands to input into the day chat. Feel free to use fake tags; just make sure to tag me whenever a day command is used so I can deal with said command.

-Try your best not to go inactive, as it ruins the game. I understand that IRL stuff happens; just PM me or let me know in this thread if you'll be gone for a long period of time. This game does require reading, so do not sign up if you're not prepared to read quite a few pages on a daily basis. I've found that mafia requires about 45 minutes of your time on a daily basis. Failure to post at all during a day cycle will give you first a warning, then a modkill or replacement.

-There are no rules against roleclaims, but I reserve the right to add said roleclaim rules into the game if people try and break the game through massclaiming.

-To the people that like to use the MS abbreviations; try and avoid overusing them. Using abbreviations (HoS, AoS, etc.) only confuses the players that don't know the meaning of said abbreviations, and causes miscommunication and annoyance. Please avoid using abbreviations; just say that you're suspicious of someone.

-Try your best to use proper English. I understand that English isn't everyone's first language but, considering the fact that this is a game based around communication, it's important that you can be understood.

-I am not accepting role requests.

-All forum rules apply here. Not following forum rules will get you modkilled, and I'll get staff involved if necessary.

To signup, please post "/in" in the thread. When I see your post, I will add you to the player list and give your post a hype train, indicating that you are in the game.

Alternatively, if you wish to sign up as a replacement, please type "/in replacement." Any players that wish to join after the player list has been filled up will be added to the replacement queue.

Pregame
    Choices distributed

Day 1
    Day 1 begins/Discards revealed
    Votecount 1.01
    Votecount 1.02
    Votecount 1.03
    Votecount 1.04
    Votecount 1.05
    Votecount 1.06
    Votecount 1.07
    Votecount 1.08
    Votecount 1.09
    Votecount 1.10
    Votecount 1.11
    Votecount 1.12
    Votecount 1.13
    Votecount 1.14
    Votecount 1.15
    Dudebo99 replaces Yukinoshita
    DatGamer reveals himself as an Innocent Child
    Votecount 1.16
    Votecount 1.17
    Votecount 1.18
    Votecount 1.19
    Votecount 1.20
    Votecount 1.21
    Votecount 1.22
    ISkippey17 is lynched

Day 2
    Day 2 begins
    Votecount 2.01
    Votecount 2.02
    Votecount 2.03
    Votecount 2.04
    xProScrublord replaces HarrisonAF
    Votecount 2.05
    Votecount 2.06
    Votecount 2.07
    Votecount 2.08
    Votecount 2.09
    Votecount 2.10
    Votecount 2.11
    Votecount 2.12
    Votecount 2.13
    Votecount 2.14
    Votecount 2.15
    Votecount 2.16
    Votecount 2.17
    Votecount 2.18
    Votecount 2.19
    Nobody is lynched

Day 3
    Day 3 begins
    Dom replaces Dudebo99
    Votecount 3.01
    Votecount 3.02
    Votecount 3.03
    Votecount 3.04
    Votecount 3.05
    Votecount 3.06
    Votecount 3.07
    The_Machine_5000 is daykilled
    Votecount 3.08
    Votecount 3.09
    Votecount 3.10
    Votecount 3.11
    Votecount 3.12
    The lynch on Jelly fails

Day 4
    Day 4 begins
    Votecount 4.01
    Votecount 4.02
    Votecount 4.03
    Votecount 4.04
    Mutemice is lynched

Day 5
    Day 5 begins
    Votecount 5.01
    Votecount 5.02
    Votecount 5.03
    Dom is lynched

Day 6
    Day 6 begins
    Votecount 6.01
    Votecount 6.02
    Votecount 6.03
    Votecount 6.04
    Votecount 6.05
    Votecount 6.06
    Votecount 6.07
    Grones is lynched

Day 7
    Day 7 begins
    Votecount 7.01
    Votecount 7.02
    Votecount 7.03
    Votecount 7.04
    Votecount 7.05
    Votecount 7.06
    Votecount 7.07
    Votecount 7.08
    Votecount 7.09
    Votecount 7.10
    Sorcerer_Zero is lynched

Day 8
    Day 8 begins
    Votecount 8.01
    Peachy is lynched

Day 9
    Day 9 begins
    Votecount 9.01
    Votecount 9.02
    Votecount 9.03
    Votecount 9.04
    Votecount 9.05
    xProScrublord is lynched

Day 10
    Day 10 begins
    Votecount 10.01
    Votecount 10.02
    Skullmaster4 is lynched

Day 11
    Day 11 begins
    Votecount 11.01
    Votecount 11.02
    Votecount 11.03
    Nz_Slimeables is lynched

Here are a few guides that can help out any new players (or returning players hoping to get better at the game). I'll update this section as I find more guides.

My Favorite Guide
    A Fun Demonstration of a Basic Mafia Game
    A List of Basic Roles
    How to Play as Mafia

Greater Idea Mafia - What this game was based on. I used the original idea and modified the rolelist in order to make a more controlled game.

Banter Thread: https://hypixel.net/threads/forum-game-hypixel-mafia-xviii-banter-thread.726959/

[​IMG]
    There is currently a maximum of 35 players, but I may add some extra slots depending on how many replacements sign up. As of now, the game is full, so if you wish to join you will have to sign up as a replacement.

1. MostLukelyToSucceed, the Town 1-Shot Day Vigilante, survived and won.
    2. Sharc0vitz, the Town 1-Shot Vigilante, survived and won.
    3. DatGamer, the Town Neighborhood Innocent Child, survived and won.

1. ISkippey17, the Werewolf Ninja, was lynched Day 1.
    2. Mitochondria, the Town 2-Shot CPR Doctor, was killed by the Super-Kill Night 1.
    3. Dinodinodude, the Town Conspiracy Theorist, was killed Night 2.
    4. Shamen, the Town 1-Shot Governor, was killed Night 2.
    5. The_Machine_5000, the Mafia Neighborhood Godfather, was shot Day 3.
    6. Totoro_, the Town Sheriff, was killed Night 3.
    7. 10000 Jelly Doughnuts, the Mafia 2-Shot Neighborizer, was killed Night 3.
    8. Ryast, the Town Cop, was killed Night 3.
    9. Mutemice, the Werewolf Supersaint, was lynched Day 4.
    10. Taboo, the Mafia Goon, was killed for hammering Day 4.
    11. XCVIII, the Town Cop-of-all-Trades, was killed by the Super-Kill Night 4.
    12. weeaboo, the Town Follower, was killed Night 4.
    13. Serendipity, the Mafia Doctor, was killed Night 4.
    14. Dom, the Town Nurse, was lynched Day 5.
    15. DragonKing87, the Town Mason Doctor, was killed by the Super-Kill Night 5.
    16. SupremeCourt, the Town Neighbor, was killed Night 5.
    17. Grones, the Town Mason, was lynched Day 6.
    18. Terrabyte, the Town Mason Jailkeeper, was killed Night 6.
    19. bayleef0909, the Town Bodyguard, was killed Night 6.
    20. Sorcerer_Zero, the Town 1-Shot Bulletproof, was lynched Day 7.
    21. Piano, the Alien Mass Redirector, was killed Night 7.
    22. Tmi489, the Town Watcher, was killed Night 7.
    23. Peachy, the Alien Role Cop, was lynched Day 8.
    24. XCVigilance, the Town Doublevoter, was killed Night 8.
    25. dwlee99, the Town 2-Shot Cop, was killed Night 8.
    26. xProScrublord, the Town Neighbor, was lynched Day 9.
    27. TheEmpireStrafesBack, the Town 1-Shot Weak Masonizer, was killed Night 9.
    28. cahillguy, the Town 3-Shot Vigilante, was killed Night 9.
    29. Skullmaster4, the Werewolf Ninja, was lynched Day 10.
    30. LunarZeta, the Town Conspiracy Theorist, was killed Night 10.
    31. Nz_Slimeables, the Mafia 1-Shot Governor, was lynched Day 11.
    32. KT_Mafia_Alt, the Alien Mason, was endgamed Day 11.

Ryast - Town Bodyguard

Lukeandmatthew - Town Neighbor

Dwlee99 - Vanilla Townie

Creeperboy219 - Town Jack-of-all-Trades

Skullmaster4 - Vanilla Townie

Totoro_ - Town 1-Shot Bulletproof

Nz_Slimeables - Town Universal Miller

Taboo - Mafia Ascetic

ISkippey17 - Town 3-Shot Vigilante

SupremeCourt - Town Tracker

10000 Jelly Doughnuts - Town 2-Shot Neighborizer

WorsePlayerWorseName - Mafia Follower

LunarZeta - Alien 1-Shot Deathproof

XCVigilance - Town 2-Shot Commuter

Shamen - Werewolf Goon

The_Machine_5000 - Town Sheriff

Peachy - Town 2-Shot CPR Doctor

Dinodinodude - Vanilla Townie

Yukinoshita - Town Retired Godfather

TheEmpireStrafesBack - Town Supersaint

Grones - Vanilla Townie

Terrabyte - Mafia Seer

Bayleef0909 - Vanilla Townie

Piano - Mafia Goon

Mutemice - Town Doctor

DragonKing87 - Werewolf Supersaint

Serendipity - Werewolf Goon

Cahillguy - Town Supersaint

weeaboo - Hirsute Townie

XCVIII - Mafia Follower

Sharc0vitz - Town Miller

HarrisonAF - Town Seer

Mitochondria - Town 2-Shot Commuter

DatGamer - Town 1-Shot Gladiator

Sorcerer_Zero - Town Vengeful

1. @Cahillguy (replaced Sharc0vitz)
    2. @Sharc0vitz (replaced PhantomCobalt)
    3. @dudebo99 (replaced Yukinoshita)
    4. @Atoriax
    5. @xProScrublord (replaced HarrisonAF)
    6. @SlingshotFox
    7. @Dom (replaced dudebo99)
    8. @LennyFace
    9. @jyork101
    10. @MuireannYuri
    11. @Indexie

1. @Danger100ishIsTrash (helping @Peachy)

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns. I’ll reply back to you as soon as I can, usually within 6-12 hours.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 13
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Aidan1600904

[​IMG]
    1. Vanilla Townie
    2. Vanilla Townie
    3. Vanilla Townie
    4. Vanilla Townie
    5. Vanilla Townie
    6. Vanilla Townie
    7. Vanilla Townie
    8. Vanilla Townie
    9. Vanilla Townie
    10. Vanilla Townie
    11. Town Cop
    12. Town Cop
    13. Town 2-Shot Cop
    14. Town Sheriff
    15. Town Sheriff
    16. Town Seer
    17. Town Seer
    18. Town Conspiracy Theorist
    19. Town Conspiracy Theorist
    20. Town Conspiracy Theorist
    21. Town Conspiracy Theorist
    22. Town Cop-of-all-Trades
    23. Town Watcher
    24. Town Tracker
    25. Town Tracker
    26. Town Follower
    27. Town Follower
    28. Town Oracle
    29. Town Doctor
    30. Town Doctor
    31. Town Nurse
    32. Town Babysitter
    33. Town Seraph Knight
    34. Town Pwincess
    35. Town Roleblocker
    36. Town Jailkeeper
    37. Town Bodyguard
    38. Town 1-Shot Bulletproof Bodyguard
    39. Town 3-Shot Vigilante
    40. Town 1-Shot Vigilante
    41. Town 2-Shot CPR Doctor
    42. Town 2-Shot CPR Doctor
    43. Town 1-Shot Day Vigilante
    44. Town 1-Shot Day Vigilante
    45. Town Jack-of-all-Trades
    46. Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
    47. Town 1-Shot Lynchproof
    48. Town Retired Godfather
    49. Town Retired Werewolf Hunter
    50. Town 2-Shot Commuter
    51. Town Non-Consecutive Commuter
    52. Town Ascetic
    53. Town Vengeful
    54. Town Supersaint
    55. Town Miller
    56. Hirsute Townie
    57. Tentacled Townie
    58. Town Universal Miller
    59. Town 1-Shot Weak Masonizer
    60. Town Mason
    61. Town Mason
    62. Town Mason
    63. Town Mason Jailkeeper
    64. Town 2-Shot Neighborizer
    65. Town 2-Shot Neighborizer
    66. Town Neighbor
    67. Town Neighbor
    68. Town Neighbor
    69. Town Neighbor
    70. Town Neighbor
    71. Town Nymphomaniac
    72. Town 1-Shot Governor
    73. Town 1-Shot Kingmaker
    74. Town Hero
    75. Town 1-Shot Gladiator
    76. Town Doublevoter
    77. Town Innocent Child
    78. Town Hider
    79. Town Universal Backup
    80. Town Universal Backup

81. Mafia Goon
    82. Mafia Goon
    83. Mafia Goon
    84. Mafia Goon
    85. Mafia Hirsute Goon
    86. Mafia Godfather
    87. Mafia 1-Shot Bulletproof
    88. Mafia Ascetic
    89. Mafia Doctor
    90. Mafia Roleblocker
    91. Mafia Watcher
    92. Mafia Follower
    93. Mafia Seer
    94. Mafia 1-Shot Governor
    95. Mafia Doublevoter
    96. Mafia Reflexive Doctor
    97. Mafia Compulsive Hider
    98. Mafia 2-Shot Neighborizer
    99. Mafia Neighbor

100. Werewolf Goon
    101. Werewolf Goon
    102. Werewolf Goon
    103. Werewolf Goon
    104. Werewolf Miller
    105. Werewolf Godfather
    106. Werewolf Tracker
    107. Werewolf Pwincess
    108. Werewolf Ninja
    109. Werewolf Strongman
    110. Werewolf 2-Shot Day Vigilante
    111. Werewolf Supersaint
    112. Werewolf Neighbor

113. Alien 1-Shot Deathproof
    114. Alien 1-Shot Recruiter
    115. Alien Role Cop
    116. Alien Vanillaiser
    117. Alien Silencer
    118. Alien Rolestopper
    119. Alien Mass Redirector
    120. Alien Mason

Greater Idea Mafia has a Semi-Open setup, meaning that all of the possible roles are known at the start of the game, but not how many times they appear. The rolelist above has a grand total of 120 possible roles, although there are some that appear more than once. Roles are distributed to the players via a random number generator. If you roll an 86, then you become the Mafia Godfather. If you roll a 12, then you become the Town Cop.

The game also possesses three unique scum teams. Some rely on manipulation, while others rely on killing. Read below for a full, in-depth list of all the factions.

Town
    The majority of the players in the game will be Town-aligned, aimed at finding and eliminating the Mafia, Werewolves, and Aliens. They have a large variety of roles at their disposal, from investigators to doctors to vigilantes. The townies will have to use these roles effectively in order to win.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive.

You are a Vanilla Townie.
    Abilities
    -During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
    -During the Night, you may sleep.

You are a Town Cop.
    Abilities
    -Cop: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be INNOCENT if that player is aligned with the Town. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Town. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.

You are a Town 2-Shot Cop.
    Abilities
    -Cop: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be INNOCENT if that player is aligned with the Town. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Town. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
    -2-Shot: You may only use this ability twice during the game.

You are a Town Sheriff.
    Abilities
    -Sheriff: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is aligned with the Mafia. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Mafia. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.

You are a Town Seer.
    Abilities
    -Seer: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is aligned with the Werewolves. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Werewolves. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.

You are a Town Conspiracy Theorist.
    Abilities
    -Conspiracy Theorist: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is aligned with the Aleins. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Aliens. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
    -Tentacled: You will investigate as “GUILTY” to Conspiracy Theorists and Cops.

You are a Town Cop-of-all-Trades.
    Abilities
    -You may use each of the following abilities once per game. You may not use more than one ability per Night.
    -Sheriff: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is aligned with the Mafia. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Mafia. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
    -Seer: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is aligned with the Werewolves. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Werewolves. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.
    -Conspiracy Theorist: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive You believe NAME to be GUILTY if that player is aligned with the Aliens. You will receive You believe NAME to be NOT GUILTY if that player is not aligned with the Aliens. You will receive No result if your investigation failed.

You are a Town Watcher.
    Abilities
    -Watcher: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of the name of anyone who targeted that person during that Night.

You are a Town Tracker.
    Abilities
    -Tracker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of the name of anyone that player targeted during that Night.

You are a Town Follower.
    Abilities
    -Follower: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of what action that player performed during that Night, whether it be Investigative, Protective, Killing, or Other.

You are a Town Oracle.
    Abilities
    -Oracle: During the Night, you may PM me the name of one role from the deck. I will tell you if that role is present in the current game or not.

You are a Town Doctor.
    Abilities
    -Doctor: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from all nightkills for that Night. You may not target yourself.

You are a Town Nurse.
    Abilities
    -Nurse: If a Town Doctor dies, you will inherit their powers.

You are a Town Babysitter.
    Abilities
    -Babysitter: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from all nightkills for that Night. However, if you are nightkilled, your target will die as well. You may not target yourself.

You are a Town Seraph Knight.
    Abilities
    -Seraph Knight: During Night 1, you must PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from all nightkills as long as you are alive. However, if you are roleblocked, the protection will not have an effect. You may not target yourself.

You are a Town Pwincess.
    Abilities
    -Pwincess: Every other night, you may PM me the names of two players. They will be forced to attend a tea party on the following night, with everyone being roleblocked and protected (including yourself). You and the other two players will be also able to talk during the night, but anti-town players will be able to poison the other guest, killing them.

You are a Town Roleblocker.
    Abilities
    -Roleblocker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be unable to use his/her ability (if he/she has one).

You are a Town Jailkeeper.
    Abilities
    -Jailkeeper: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be unable to use his/her ability (if he/she has one). This player will also be immune to nightkills for that Night.

You are a Town Bodyguard.
    Abilities
    -Bodyguard: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. If this player is nightkilled, you will die instead.

You are a Town 1-Shot Bulletproof Bodyguard.
    Abilities
    -Bodyguard: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. If this player is nightkilled, you will die instead.
    -Bulletproof: You cannot be nightkilled.
    -1-Shot: This ability only works the first time you are attacked.

You are a Town 3-Shot Vigilante.
    Abilities
    -Vigilante: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die.
    -3-Shot: You may only use this ability three times during the game.

You are a Town 1-Shot Vigilante.
    Abilities
    -Vigilante: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die.
    -1-Shot: You may only use this ability once during the game.

You are a Town 2-Shot CPR Doctor.
    Abilities
    -CPR Doctor: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will die. However, if another player attempts to attack your target, they will be healed instead.

You are a Town 1-Shot Day Vigilante.
    Abilities
    -Day Vigilante: During the Day, you may post "[Kill] Player [/Kill]" in the game thread. This player will immediately die.

You are a Town Jack-of-all-Trades.
    Abilities
    -You may use each of the following abilities once per game. You may not use more than one ability per Night.
    -Roleblocker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be unable to use his/her ability (if he/she has one).
    -Doctor: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from all nightkills for that Night.

You are a Town 1-Shot Bulletproof.
    Abilities

You are a Town 1-Shot Lynchproof.
    Abilities
    -Lynchproof: If you are lynched, you will not die.
    -1-Shot: This ability only works the first time you are lynched.

You are a Town Retired Godfather.
    Abilities
    -Retired Godfather: You are immune to nightkills performed by the Mafia.

You are a Town Retired Werewolf Hunter.
    Abilities
    -Retired Werewolf Hunter: You are immune to nightkills performed by the Werewolves.

You are a Town 2-Shot Commuter.
    Abilities
    -Commuter: During the night, you may leave your house, therefore making all actions that target you fail.

You are a Town Non-Consecutive Commuter.
    Abilities
    -Commuter: During the night, you may leave your house, therefore making all actions that target you fail.
    -Non-Consecutive: You cannot use your ability two nights in a row.

You are a Town Ascetic.
    Abilities
    -Ascetic: You are immune to all Night actions except kills.

You are a Town Vengeful.
    Abilities
    -Vengeful: If you are lynched, you may choose to kill one player immediately by posting in-thread "[Kill] Player [/Kill]". If you do not want to kill anyone, please post "[Kill] No one [/Kill]".

You are a Town Supersaint.
    Abilities
    -Supersaint: If you are lynched, whomever placed the hammer vote will also die (or whomever voted you last).

You are a Town Miller.
    Abilities
    -Miller: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to Sheriffs and Cops.

You are a Hirsute Townie.
    Abilities
    -Hirsute: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to Seers and Cops.

You are a Tentacled Townie.
    Abilities
    -Tentacled: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to Conspiracy Theorists and Cops.

You are a Town Universal Miller.
    Abilities
    -Universal Miller: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to all investigators.

You are a Town 1-Shot Weak Masonizer.
    Abilities
    -Mason: If there are other Masons in the game, you will form a Mason group with them, which will allow you to talk in secret.
    -Masonizer: During the night, you may PM the name of another player. If that player is town, they will be added to your Mason chat.
    -Weak: If you target a player with a different alignment, you will be killed.

You are a Town Mason.
    Abilities
    -Mason: If there are other Masons in the game, you will form a Mason group with them, which will allow you to talk in secret.

You are a Town Mason Jailkeeper.
    Abilities
    -Jailkeeper: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be unable to use his/her ability (if he/she has one). This player will also be immune to nightkills for that Night.

You are a Town 2-Shot Neighborizer.
    Abilities
    -Neighbor: If there are other Neighbors in the game, you will form a Neighborhood with them, which will allow you to talk in secret.
    -Neighborizer: During the night, you may PM the name of another player. That player will be added to your Neighborhood chat.

You are a Town Neighbor.
    Abilities
    -Neighbor: If there are other Neighbors in the game, you will form a Neighborhood with them, which will allow you to talk in secret.

You are a Town Nymphomaniac.
    Abilities
    -Nymphomaniac: During Night 1, you must PM me the name of another player. You will form a Lover bond with them (aka if you or your partner is killed, the other Lover will also die). Your target will be notified of this bond.

You are a Town 1-Shot Governor.
    Abilities
    -Governor: During the Day, you may PM me the name of another player. If that player is lynched at the end of the day, the lynch will fail. You may not target yourself.

You are a Town 1-Shot Kingmaker.
    Abilities
    -Kingmaker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be the "King" during the next Day phase, becoming the only player with a vote for that Day. They may "execute" someone to decide the day's lynch.

You are a Town Hero.
    Abilities
    -Hero: If the King attempts to execute you, the King will be killed instead.

You are a Town 1-Shot Gladiator.
    Abilities
    -Gladiator: During the Day, you may post “[Gladiate] PLAYER [/Gladiate]”. The votes will then be reset, and you and your opponent will become the only two players that can be lynched.

You are a Town Doublevoter.
    Abilities
    -Doublevoter: Your vote counts as two instead of one.

You are a Town Innocent Child.
    Abilities
    -Innocent Child: You can post "I am an Innocent Child" in bold in the thread at any time. I will then confirm that you are Town.

You are a Town Hider.
    Abilities
    -Hider: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will "hide" behind that player, making you immune to any actions that target you. However, if you hide behind a non-Town-aligned player, you will die. You will also die if your target is killed.

You are a Town Universal Backup.
    Abilities
    -Universal Backup: You will inherit the powers of the first Town-aligned power role to die.

Mafia
    The largest of the three scum factions, the Mafia have strength in numbers. They focus on manipulation and voting, with roles like the Governor, Doublevoter, Neighborizer, and Seer. Besides their factional kill, the Mafia have no other way of killing players.

Win Condition: You win when all players without a Mafia wincon are eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive.

You are a Mafia Goon.
    Abilities
    -Factional Kill: The Mafia may kill one player per Night.
    -Factional Communication: If there are other Mafia-aligned players, there will be a Mafia QT that can be used to communicate with them.

You are a Mafia Hirsute Goon.
    Abilities
    -Factional Communication: If there are other Mafia-aligned players, there will be a Mafia QT that can be used to communicate with them.
    -Hirsute: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to Seers.

You are a Mafia Godfather.
    Abilities
    -Godfather: You will investigate as "Not Guilty" if investigated by a Sheriff or Cop. You are also immune to all nightkills.

You are a Mafia 1-Shot Bulletproof.
    Abilities

You are a Mafia Ascetic.
    Abilities
    -Ascetic: You are immune to all Night actions except kills.

You are a Mafia Doctor.
    Abilities
    -Doctor: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be protected from all nightkills for that Night. You may not target yourself.

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.
    Abilities

You are a Mafia Watcher.
    Abilities
    -Watcher: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of the name of anyone who targeted that person during that Night.

You are a Mafia Follower.
    Abilities
    -Follower: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of what action that player performed during that Night, whether it be Investigative, Protective, Killing, or Other.

You are a Mafia Seer.
    Abilities

You are a Mafia 1-Shot Governor.
    Abilities
    -Governor: During the Day, you may PM me the name of another player. If that player is lynched at the end of the day, the lynch will fail. You may not target yourself.
    -1-Shot: This ability can only be used once during the game.

You are a Mafia Doublevoter.
    Abilities
    -Doublevoter: Your vote counts as two instead of one.

You are a Mafia Reflexive Doctor.
    Abilities
    -Reflexive Doctor: If you are targeted at night, any and every player who targets you will be protected from all nightkills that night. This ability cannot be roleblocked.

You are a Mafia Compulsive Hider.
    Abilities
    -Hider: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will "hide" behind that player, making you immune to any actions that target you. However, if you hide behind a non-Mafia-aligned player, you will die.
    -Compulsive: You must use this action every night.

You are a Mafia 2-Shot Neighborizer.
    Abilities
    -Neighborizer: During the night, you may PM the name of another player. That player will be added to your Neighborhood chat.

You are a Mafia Neighbor.
    Abilities

Werewolves
    In between the Mafia and Alien factions in size, the Werewolves focus primarily on killing. They have a variety of kill sources in addition to their factional kill, such as the Strongman, Day Vigilante, Pwincess, and Supersaint. However, the Werewolves lack information, with their only informative roles being the Tracker and Neighbor.

Win Condition: You win when all players without a Werewolf wincon are eliminated and at least one Werewolf-aligned player is still alive.

You are a Werewolf Goon.
    Abilities
    -Factional Kill: The Werewolves may kill one player per Night.
    -Factional Communication: If there are other Werewolf-aligned players, there will be a Werewolf QT that can be used to communicate with them.

You are a Werewolf Miller.
    Abilities
    -Factional Communication: If there are other Werewolf-aligned players, there will be a Werewolf QT that can be used to communicate with them.
    -Miller: You will investigate as "GUILTY" to Sheriffs.

You are a Werewolf Godfather.
    Abilities
    -Godfather: You will investigate as "Not Guilty" if investigated by a Seer or Cop. You are also immune to all nightkills.

You are a Werewolf Tracker.
    Abilities
    -Tracker: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will be informed of the name of anyone that player targeted during that Night.

You are a Werewolf Pwincess.
    Abilities
    -Pwincess: Every other night, you may PM me the names of two players. They will be forced to attend a tea party on the following night, with everyone being roleblocked and protected (including yourself). You and the other two players will be also able to talk during the night, but anti-town players will be able to poison the other guest, killing them. However, since you are Werewolf-aligned, you have the option of poisoning one of your guests.

You are a Werewolf Ninja.
    Abilities
    -Ninja: You will not appear on any Watcher, Tracker, or Follower reports.

You are a Werewolf Strongman.
    Abilities
    -Strongman: You have the ability to bypass any protective/roleblock abilities when you perform the factional kill.

You are a Werewolf 2-Shot Day Vigilante.
    Abilities
    -Day Vigilante: During the Day, you may post "[Kill] PLAYER [/Kill]" in the game thread. This player will immediately die.
    -2-Shot: You may only use this ability twice during the game, and only one separate days.

You are a Werewolf Supersaint.
    Abilities
    -Supersaint: If you are lynched, whomever placed the hammer vote will also die (or whomever voted you last).

You are a Werewolf Neighbor.
    Abilities

Aliens
    The smallest of the three factions, the Aliens have a factional kill in the form of their Super Kill, which cannot be stopped or detected. However, this kill can only be used a limited amount of times, depending on how many Alien-aligned players are in the game (one kill for each member). To make up for this, they have extremely powerful roles, such as the Role Cop, Vanillaiser, Recruiter, and Mason. They also win in 1v1s.

Win Condition: You win when all players without an Alien wincon are eliminated and at least one Alien-aligned player is still alive.

You are an Alien 1-Shot Deathproof.
    Abilities
    -Factional Kill: The Aliens may can use their Super Kill # times during the game, which cannot be stopped or detected. The kill can only be used on separate nights.
    -Factional Communication: If there are other Alien-aligned players, there will be an Alien QT that can be used to communicate with them.
    -Deathproof: If you are lynched or attacked, you will not die.
    -1-Shot: This ability only works the first time you are lynched or attacked.

You are an Alien 1-Shot Recruiter.
    Abilities
    -Factional Kill: The Aliens may can use their Super Kill # times during the game, which cannot be stopped or detected. The kill can only be used on separate nights.
    -Factional Communication: If there are other Alien-aligned players, there will be an Alien QT that can be used to communicate with them.
    -Recruiter: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will be converted to the Alien faction. However, Mafia/Werewolf-aligned players cannot be converted.
    -1-Shot: You can only use this ability once during the game.

You are an Alien Role Cop.
    Abilities
    -Role Cop: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. You will receive that player’s role and alignment.

You are an Alien Vanillaiser.
    Abilities
    -Vanillaiser: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will lose any abilities they have (not counting factional abilities). This will take effect at the start of the next Day.

You are an Alien Silencer.
    Abilities
    -Silencer: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will not be able to vote during the next Day phase.

You are an Alien Rolestopper.
    Abilities
    -Rolestopper: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. All Night actions directed at this player will fail, including kills.

You are an Alien Mass Redirector.
    Abilities
    -Mass Redirector: During the Night, you may PM me the name of another player. All Night actions will be redirected to this player.

You are an Alien Mason.
    Abilities

Of course, this can lead to unbalanced and unfair rolelists. Therefore, I will veto a setup and reshuffle if town doesn't have majority, not enough scum are present, etc. Hopefully this will be a fun and enjoyable game!

In the event of a tie, a winner will be determined in this order:
    1. Bulletproof Scum
    2. Alien
    3. Werewolf
    4. Mafia
    5. Town
    Other things:
    -Healing roles are notified if their target was attacked, but not the target themselves.
    -Bulletproof roles are notified if they were attacked.
    -"Your action failed" can mean several things. It can mean that you were roleblocked, targeted a Commuter/Hider/Ascetic, or targeted a player guarded by the Rolestopper.
    -If an X-Shot action fails, you will get the shot back.
    -You will know if a kill went through but the target survived.
    -Scum factions, neighborhoods, and masons have the possibility of going over five players (the PM limit here on Hypixel). If this occurs, I will use quicktopic for the group chat.
    -All group chats have day chat
    -The Kingmaker cannot choose themselves
    -If there is a tie in the votes, the player who had been at the tied number longer will be lynched.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

/in!

• Like Like x 3
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
  4. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

I would like to play again! :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rice

Rice Well-Known Member

Rice
    Sesames_Guild
    So this is like roleplaying on housing

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Uh. Sort of. Only less role playing and more lies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. dwlee99

dwlee99 Well-Known Member

/in

• Like Like x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  9. Rice

Rice Well-Known Member

Rice
    Sesames_Guild
    Why are people doing the slash part

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aidan1600904

It's easier to CTRL-F and search for "/in"

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Skullmaster4

Skullmaster4 Well-Known Member

/In

I have played this setup before, and it was a fun game. I hope this will be a fun one too.
    I'll also try to be more active this game.

• Like Like x 2
  12. /in

• Like Like x 2
  13. ClickFTW

ClickFTW Well-Known Member

cta
    MVP+
    L9 L9
    HOW long did it take to make this thread :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Aidan1600904

Wayyyyy too long.

I initially made the entire thing in Google Docs, and then I had to reformat EVERYTHING when I transferred it to Hypixel.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables Well-Known Member

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    This seems like a Great Idea
    kill me
    /in

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Taboo