1. Welcome to Hypixel Mafia XV: Encounter at the Library! This is the 15th in a series of popular Hypixel Mafia games!

Below, you will find an explanation of what mafia is, the rules, a link to some useful guides for first-time, or even returning Mafia players! (If you are interested in signing up, please be sure to look them over first.)

BEFORE TRYING TO OPEN ONE OF THESE SPOILERS, PLEASE BE SURE THE PAGE IS COMPLETELY LOADED.

Sometimes there is an error if the page isn't completely loaded when opening a spoiler on a page full of them.
    Mafia is a party/card game first created in the 1980's that quickly gained popularity all around the world, both online and in real life. Town of Salem is one of the more popular and recent versions of this game, so if you enjoy that, I'd bet that you'd enjoy this.
    Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. You get to lie to people, and try and solve the puzzle that is a Mafia game using logic, psychology, and deductive reasoning.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are at the start of the game. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and can easily gain the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

There are also several 3rd party roles. 3rd parties, or neutrals, are given separate win conditions that they much achieve. Some neutrals are harmless and have benign win conditions, while others are playing with the intent of killing every other player.

Will the Town figure out who is a part of the Mafia and eliminate them? Or will the Mafia trick the Town and bad stuff will happen? That's the question that this game will answer.

At the start of the game, each player will be PM'd their role and faction. Every role has a unique ability that will be outlined in the role PM. From there, Mafia (the game) is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched by using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. The Day will end after a period of 48 hours, at which point the player with the most votes is lynched. It is also possible to end day eariler if a specific player receives half of the votes of the surviving players plus one (this will be outlined in day-starting mod posts throughout the game). When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, role blocking, etc. another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cycles will repeat until a winner has been determined (typically until only one faction of players remains alive). I will then hand out some awards to recognize the best players and moments of the game, and then this mafia round will come to an end!

Mafia is a great way to make a lot of new friends on the forums all while having a great time playing (in my opinion) a really fun forum game.

This game is set to have 31 players, however I reserve the right to change that as I see fit.
    Go read the rules anyway.
    To make sure that the game goes smoothly and everyone has fun, there are some rules I have put in place. Read them, because I will be giving out some pretty nasty penalties depending on the infraction if you fail to comply.

-No excessive amounts of Role claims during the first 4 days. What defines to be over the line will be dealt with a case-by-case scenario. In the event that to many occur on one day, I may disallow roleclaims at all for the next day.

-Everyone will remain respectful of each other. Mafia can get heated at times, and you'll likely get into debates and/or get called a liar, but the moment that someone starts making personal attacks on a person, I and, if needed, Hypixel staff will step in. Mafia is just a game, so don't say things that will start a fight. The easiest way to keep things friendly is to just be a decent human being. Not that hard.

-Please remember to keep all posts PG-rated. Remember that we are on the HP forums, so there’s a wide variety of age groups that may read through these posts.

-No one is to discuss this game outside of this thread, or any PMs that I send you. Talking about the game with any IRL friends you might have playing, or on Skype, or on Hypixel, or through a PM that you make, or any other form of communication that I don't know about is considered cheating, and will get you modkilled very quickly. Don't cheat; it annoys everyone else and can potentially ruin the game.

-Don't use any secret codes that you might have come up with outside of this thread. This goes hand in hand with the "cheating" rule mentioned above; secret codes that weren't made in this thread (or in a PM that I created) are against the rules.

-Do not purposely hurt your own faction. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend or have a personal grudge against a specific person. If I find out you purposely hurt your team, you will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

-You may not post at all in this thread during the night phase. If you do, there will be no warnings given, you will receive a suicidal modifier, even if it's simply a post to ask when I start the next day. You have the PM with me and the banter thread for night time. No excuses. I'll be giving a 15 minute warning before day ends. You have those 15 minutes to chill out and relax. Don't push the limit and try to post anything right at the 14 minute mark.

-Once you are dead, you may post once in the main game thread. If you post any game-breaking information, you will be disallowed from playing the next game, or suitably punished as the next mod sees fit. No excuses for this. I'll be PMing you to let you know if you die. So check your PMs before checking this thread.

-You may not quote or take a screenshot of any PMs that I send you. It doesn't matter if it's real or fake, doing this will get you an instant modkill. Please note that you can type out a PM verbatim.

-In general, don’t abuse any loopholes not directly covered in the rules. If your actions are going to cause problems with other players or potentially ruin the game, you probably shouldn’t be doing them.

-You may not edit your posts, if at all possible, but this also doesn't give you the liberty to post 4+ times in a row. Try and get all of your thoughts into one post to keep the post count of these threads down. Remember, quality is better than quantity.

-A bit of banter is always fun, but please put all banter in one of two places. The first is in the banter thread linked below, and the second is in a post that also contains game relevant information. Continually breaking this rule will result in a suicidal modifier.

-Role repeats are possible, both on the same alignment, and on opposing alignments. (So don't ask, I won't answer, it's right here for all to see)

-Flavors don't correspond to alignment, and not all of them are closely related to their assigned roles.

-On a scale of 1 to 10, this is a 5ish on the bastard rating. Expect to see some unusual and new roles with unique modifiers, but I will not ever lie to you nor are there any intentional extremely broken or bastard roles (revivers, goos, etc.).

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. You do not have to unvote a player if you wish to vote for someone else; simply vote for a new person using the above format.

-Some roles may be given specific commands to input into the day chat. Feel free to use fake tags; just make sure to tag me and @Crazy_Diamond_5000 whenever a day command is used so I can deal with said command.

-Try your best not to go inactive. I understand that IRL stuff happens; just PM me or let me know in this thread if you'll be gone for a long period of time. This game does require reading, so do not sign up if you're not prepared to read quite a few pages of the game. Hopefully the thread will be shorter now that I'm cracking down on banter, but reading is a reality of playing this game. Failure to post at all during a day cycle will give you first a warning, then a modkill.

-There are no rules against roleclaims, but I reserve the right to add said roleclaim rules into the game if people try and break the game through massclaiming.

-To the people that like to use the MS abbreviations; please don't. Using abbreviations (HoS, AoS, etc.) only confuses the players that don't know the meaning of said abbreviations, and causes miscommunication and annoyance. Please avoid using abbreviations; just say that you're suspicious of someone instead of "HoS Harold." If you use any type of MS abbreviation, and I don't know what it is, you will receive a Post Restriction modifier.

-Try your best to use proper English. I understand that English isn't everyone's first language but, considering the fact that this is a game based around communication, it's important that you can be understood.

-I am not accepting role requests. If you would still like to submit for a role request, please go here. I will check this after the world has ended.

-Most possible roles can be found here. However, all of these roles won't be used, and there may be some custom roles in here.

-All forum rules apply here. Not following forum rules will get you modkilled, and I'll get staff involved.

-If you ever have any questions, shoot me a PM. I’ll reply back to you as soon as I can, typically within 6-12 hours (please be understanding that I can't always be on the forums).

-As mod I retain the right to enforce these rules as I see fit.

-As mod I retain the right to create new rules as I see fit.
    Because I'm a busy college kid, I do not anticipate to necessarily be available 24 hours a day. So I'm setting up some defined hours where I will definitely be on. Anything beyond that is "bonus."
    All times are in EST.

MONDAYS: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM, 12:15 PM - 1:45 PM, 4:00 PM - VARIOUS
    TUESDAYS: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM, 6:30 PM - VARIOUS
    WEDNESDAYS: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM, 12:15 PM - 1:45 PM, 4:00 PM - VARIOUS
    THURSDAYS: All day except from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
    FRIDAYS: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM, 12:15 PM - 1:45 PM, 4:00 PM - VARIOUS
    SATURDAY: Varies.
    SUNDAY: Varies.

*Please note, we will be having an extended night from Friday 12th afternoon - Sunday 14th (probably also the afternoon, we'll see.) I should be on to answer questions, but won't be able to process night actions until Sunday. (I could be remembering the date wrong and it might be the week after.)
    The day messaging system started during the last game was surprisingly fun and added another degree of excitement to the day game. I've made a few alterations to the message system, but it operates very similarly to the system last game.

The message system allows any player to PM me a message 40 characters or shorter (including spaces) as well as a player that they wish for that message to be sent to during any day phase of the game. You may send a total 2 messages a day. Links to outside documentation with game information will be denied. Abbreviations of words and codes created within the game, however, are allowed to be sent. I will then PM the message to the desired player.

But there's a catch. Every sent message has a 10% chance of being overhead and posted in this thread for everyone to see, so be careful with what you send.

If anyone has any questions about the messaging system, let me know.
    So I don't know about you, but I'm not putting up with excessive banter. If your post doesn't have game related information, you will be punished per the rules above. Banter thread is here: here you will find a link to a thread for banter. Feel free to use this link and banter at any point in the game, but all banter must not be related to the game. Discussing the game in the banter thread will get you some nasty punishments like Suicidal or Post Restriction modifiers, followed by the fearsome modkill.

Please, please direct all banter to that thread. It'll make @Mitochondria's life a whole lot easier if I don't need to go through dozens of pages of fluff and banter. If people choose to ignore this rule and post excessive banter in this thread, I'll probably modkill you. Just a heads up.
    To sign up, just post in this thread with the following text: "/in"

@Crazy_Diamond_5000 will like your post to indicate that you were seen signing up and are now in the game.

Do not create 50 million pages of spam and banter, do that in the banter thread. Once the game starts, I'll link the first post in this thread so everyone has easy access to it (and doesn't have to read all of the sign up posts).
    @Crazy_Diamond_5000 fills several duties.

He will keep track of your votes. If he sees a vote in a post, he will rate that post useful.

If he sees a day start or end post, he’ll rate it hype train.

He will not comment at all during this game, his only purpose is convenience for the players or for the mod.

Here are a few guides that can help out any new players (or returning players hoping to get better at the game). I'll update this section as I find more guides.

My Favorite Guide -actually, it's @Mitochondria's favorite, but I didn't feel like changing the text.

A Fun Demonstration of a Basic Mafia Game

A List of All Possible Roles -Not really, there may be customs.

14. Terrabyte
    19. ItzzGaming KTTheCreeper
    28. SlingshotFox

1. Ausar
    1. shade_of_ox - Tmi489
    1. Spark (Mafia Alt) - Killed D1, Suicide Bombed D2 - Mafia Jack-of-All-Trades - Tales of Mystery & Imagination

18. dwlee99 - Killed N1 - 2-Shot Suicidal Town Desperado - Zorro

5. Aidan - Suicide Bombed D2 - 1-Shot Suicidal Town Desperado - Zorro

7. XCVIII - Lynched D2 - 1-Shot Strongman Mafia 1-Shot Lightening Rod - The Lottery

4. 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts - Killed N2 - Town Watcher - Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

15. Tmi489 - Killed N2 - 3-Shot Motivational Town Fruit Vendor - Aladdin

9. Danger100ish - Killed N2 - Benign Town MUP - I, Robot

22. Surviving_Jester - Killed N3 - 75% Bomb Friendly Neighbor - The Cat in The Hat

26. PhantomCobalt - Killed N3 - 3-Shot Alien - Pixar Short Films

30. DatGamer - Suicide N3 - Faith Healer - Holy Bible

31. HeyImDatSpooder - Killed N3 - Amnesiac - Empty Journal

3. Atoriax - Killed N4 - 2-Shot Sensor - New York Times

6. Taboo - Killed N4 - Double Voter - Charlie Chaplain Collection

11. Skullmaster4 - Killed N4 - CPR Doctor - Jurassic Park

17. DragonKing87 - Killed N4 - Deflector - Catch-22

23. bayleef0909 - Killed N4 - 3-Shot Thief - Les Miserables

8. Piano jbenjamin# - Lynched D5 - Strong-Willed Seraph Knight - Le Morte D'Arthur

2. ChrisX3 - Killed N5 - Gunsmith - Fahrenheit 451

12. Dom - Died N5 - Hider - Cheers

16. TheEmpireStrafesBack - Killed N5 - 3-Shot Poisoner - The Joy of Cooking

24. RickGS - Killed N5 - Strong-Willed Tracker - Moby Dick

27. XCVigilance - Killed N5 - Nerfed Role Cop - Murder on the Orient Express

25. Ryast89 - Victory D6 - 1-Shot Deathproof Strong-Willed Neutral Dreaming God - Classic Rock Collection of Music

13. LukeandMatthew - Lynched D6 - Elite Triggered Bodyguard - The Rockford Files

10. NZ_Slimeables - Killed N6 - Roleblocker - Emily Post's Book of Manners

20. dudebo99 diezle123 DeceptiveDream/dudebo99 (Hydraed) - Killed N6 - Oracle - The Iliad

21. SupremeCourt - Killed N6 - Traitor (Strong Scavenge Ability) - Mission: Impossible

29. Dazed - Killed N6 - Godfather (Invisible Mentor Ability) - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

The first two properly submitted commands would give the targets each a very weak day action. See the Flavor Post 1/4Mark for more info.
    The first song posted in the second quarter of the day would grant a shot of something...
    The 1st two mega posts would grant double votes, with the following caveats:

The second mega-poster would get the double vote, useable only on the person they wrote the mega post about.

Once that player changed their vote off that player, they lost that vote, and the 1st mega poster received it, to use on whoever they want.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions and utilize the banter thread, but try and reserve this thread for game itself. Good luck, everyone, and of course, read on!

ONCE YOU HAVE SIGNED UP, PLEASE MINIMIZE COMMENTING ON HERE UNTIL THE GAME STARTS! Go to the banter thread. ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thematic Music:

Welcome...

[​IMG]

To the Library...

It has been many years since you've passed through these doors...

An it will be many years before you ever leave...

If, that is, you can find your way out...

*cough*

Hmmm?

*Danger appears*

(In case you didn't know, that means you stop listening to that music until I give you some more.)

Danger - "Um Machine, I have two questions."

Yes? What do you want? You're disturbing my intro flavor.

Danger - "Well uh. Libraries aren't exactly scary."

So?

Danger - "And um... Dragon also had a point."

Dragon - "Yes Machine, Libraries aren't scary, but you do what you want to do."

Then why are you interrupting me?

Dragon - "Oh, right. Well the theme of my game was Halloween."

So?

Dragon - "I feel like you're ripping me off and stealing my game theme."

Fine. I'll go make it more lighthearted.

Welcum to the lie-berry! We're full of fun!

*Chris shows up*

Chris - "Machine. This doesn't accurately represent a mafia game. Go pick a different style."

You guys won't let me do anything, will you?

KTTheCreeper - "I agree with Chris"

Dom - "Bandwagoner! [VOTE] KT [/VOTE]"

KTTheCreeper - "But I agree with Chris... [VOTE] Dom [/VOTE]"

Chris - "omg kt u r such a nerd. And Dom is pulling a DOMGUS."

Chris - "[VOTE] Dom [/VOTE]"

Dom - "But I voted first..."

Rows after rows...

Stacks after stacks...

Shelves after shelves...

Will I ever write an actual flavor?

You all find yourselves walking among the shelves...

Entranced by the volumes upon volumes...

They seem to go on for miles...

*Ryast comes in*

*queue record breaking...*

Ryast - "Machine, ain't nobody got time to read your flavors. Make them shorter"

But I've worked hard on these...

Ryast - "Ain't nobody got time."

But...

Ryast - "And this music definitely doesn't match here."

But...

Ryast - "Shorter. Please."

But...

Ryast - "Got it?"

Fine...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 3

3. Mwhahahahaha...

I'll get you all for this...

Suicidal Survivors for everyone!

Blah,

blah,

blah,

Library of Doom,

Blah,

blah...

Blah,

blah,

blah,

*Aerocync appears*

Who are you?

Aerocync - "I'm Mito-I mean I'm Aerocync. I just got an awesome internship. I was just checking in."

Aaaand?

Aerocync - "Your flavors leave a lot to be desired. Maybe try spicing them up some?"

Geez people, make up your minds.

Aerocync - "Was that a yes, 'oh mighty aero-sama'?"

Sure.

Aerocync - "good."

ThisismafiaThisismafiaThisismafiaThisismafia...Rulesareabovefeelfreetoreadthem.Soanywayyouareinalibrary,somehowthemafiahavereapearedandmagicstuffhappened,andwooyeah!

*Piano appears*

Piano - "I know I write like that a lot Machine, butIhavenocluewhatyouaresaying"

And?

Piano - "Maybetryspacingthingsoutmore. kthanksbye."

Ugh. You all are utterly useless.

So here's my Amazing Plan...

You've all wandered into the library...

But not of your own free will.

Oh no, you are all what are commonly known as "acquired materials"

In other words, you all are things that sit around on the shelves because no one uses Libraries anymore.

Except this library is special, and it gets used, so that's something.

Either way, some of you have become bittered and evil.

The plan was set in motion...

It started back in the year of some time ago, with the great Indian War Book uprising. All of those books were disposed of.

But there were still other materials that had the seed of evil...

The worst part was, there wasn't really any way to know if they were evil.

The plan was set in motion.

A mafia formed.

Anti-Town.

Was.

On.

Its.

Way.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 3
  4. LunarZeeeeeeta

LunarZeeeeeeta Well-Known Member

why must you make three posts icri

/in

• Like Like x 3
  5. LunarZeeeeeeta

LunarZeeeeeeta Well-Known Member

also, machine for most confusing flavor 2k16

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  6. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    /in

first

• Like Like x 3
  7. Atoriax

Atoriax Well-Known Member

Atoriax
    VIP+
    /in

• Like Like x 3
  8. /in Pls machine Pls

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shouldn't it be XVI since mito's game is XV?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Disappointed because I never appeared in the flavor 0/10 jk jk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aidan1600904

Aidan1600904 Well-Known Member

/in

• Like Like x 3
  12. WittLowry

WittLowry Well-Known Member

Gl all not participating this time

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

In!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Atoriax

Atoriax Well-Known Member

Atoriax
    VIP+
    upload_2016-2-2_18-53-34.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

But machine if everyone gets suicidal survivor technically everyone wins before they suicide

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. ;)

Also, It's not suicidal survivor, it's just suicidal.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    I know he posted first I was imitating people in YouTube comments.
    There, the first twenty or so people to post are "first"

• Like Like x 4
  18. Y'all can tag people as you see fit BTW. But no joke tags.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Because they'll ultimately be forgotten in the tags:

@dwlee99
    @Terrabyte
    @Piano

(No offense to you three, it's just that more often than not, you are the ones people forget to tag game start)

• Like Like x 2
  20. XCVIII

XCVIII Well-Known Member

XCVIII
    MVP+
    XCVIII 98
    Guild Master
    im in

• Like Like x 2