1. SupremeCourt

SupremeCourt Well-Known Member

Gotham City, 2:43 A.M.

From his perch on the roof of the Gotham Clock Tower, The Batman could hear the sounds of the city's vibrant nightlife begin to appear. A broken window, a scream. Just a regular night. A lightning strike lit up the sky as he leapt from the building, his cape already beginning to unfurl as he fell towards the ground. But Batman never landed. Gotham City continued on, blissfully unaware its protector had just vanished into thin air. In the distance, gunshots and the sound of cracking glass.

A bar in Hollywood, 11:28 P.M.

"So... you're like a space duck?"

Howard the Duck sighed before turning to the man dressed in the fancy red suit.

"Yeah. I'm from Duckworld." He said to Deadpool, who was sat on a stool next to him.

"Wow... My very own space friend..." The Merc With A Mouth said, before taking a sip of beer through his mask.

"How did you... Never mind. Wade, uh, not to be rude, but we just met." Howard the Duck replied hesitantly, eyeing Deadpool's katanas.

"Then let me get you another drink, friend!" Deadpool yelled, before slamming a drink down in front of the duck.

"Uh... you know I don't have lips right?"

Deadpool looked Howard up and down, before his eyes finally settled on the duck's bill.

"Oh... so that's what that is.... Anyway bud, I've gotta hit the can. I'll be right back." Deadpool sidled off the seat and headed for the bathroom. Howard the Duck finished his beer ten minutes later, realising that Deadpool was still in the bathroom. The duck sighed, before heading into the toilet.

"Wade? You still here? Eat too many chimichangas again?" He called out exasperatedly, before his eyes widened. There was no sign of Deadpool. Just his twin katanas lying on the floor with their owner nowhere to be seen.

The Streets of Hell's Kitchen, 0:12 A.M.

There was an audible crack as the thug's head collided with the wall. Daredevil whirled as soon as it connected and dodged an incoming knife. He ducked as another thug threw a punch before kicking one into a pile of garbage bags and hitting the other over the head with his eskrima sticks. On a rooftop overlooking the alleyway, Bullseye prepared his rifle. He slotted two bullets (one to bring him down and another to finish him off) into the gun as Daredevil dismantled a goon holding a pistol. Bullseye looked down the scope, finally resting it on Daredevil's head. The vigilante blocked a punch, before crunching an elbow into the thug who had thrown the punch. Bullseye let him have his fun. He could afford to savour this moment. He'd certainly waited for it long enough. The final thug towered over The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, cracking his knuckles. Daredevil back up slowly as the massive thug advanced. In the distance, police sirens began to sound. And they were getting closer. As the thug turned to look, Daredevil made his move. He slammed a stick into the back of the thug's knee, dropping him to a crouch. The thug had just enough time to look up and give a dumbfounded stare before an escrima stick ruined his nose. Bullseye smiled. After all these years, Daredevil was still a good fighter. But he needed to die, so Bullseye took a breath and lined up the shot. Bullseye's smile widened as Daredevil whirled, hearing the noise. Bullseye's finger tightened around the trigger, sending a bullet towards the vigilante. Instead of popping Daredevil's head off, the bullet hit air. Bullseye took his eye off the scope, staring at the empty alley.
    "How..." Bullseye whispered to nobody in particular. It seemed that accursed vigilante had made his escape again.

By the time the cops arrived, Bullseye had already disappeared into the night.

Mafiaplace, 10:39 P.M.

"Hey Supreme, you doing the opening flavour?"

"Yep, looks like it's coming along alright."

"You figured out how you're going to get the characters into the game yet?"

"Uh, not at the moment. I'm sure I can come up with some ridiculous and inexplicable comic book excuse though."

"Hmm... Want me to help out?"

"Sure."

"Ok, how about... hm."

"Yeah, it's difficult."

"Intergalactic being summons them to a made up planet?"

"Marvel already did it to sell toys."

"Bah. Um... Mind control?"

"That happens like every other week."

"Alright, what about they all have to fight a giant, evil starfish with mind control powers?"

"Been done."

"Seriously?"

"Yep."

"I give up. Just a big fight?"

"Yeah... no."

"Then what?"

"I'm thinking a prison."

"That could work. Bit boring though."

"Don't worry. I'll think of some dumb comic book twist for it."

Unknown, Unknown

Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong. Wolverine stood, finding himself to be trapped inside a small room, with a few scattered features and stairs leading up to a second floor. Extending his claws, he slowly made his way up to the second floor. A small beam of light shone from the second floor onto the stairs. Emerging from the stairs, he calmed down. The room was empty, except for a small barred window. He peered out, seeing rows and rows of what looked like the same building. A huge, towering wall surrounded the buildings. Searchlights swept across the buildings, casting grand shadows across the landscape. For just a moment, he swore he could see a figure lurking between the buildings but it was gone before he could get a proper look. Several of the buildings were made of a completely different structure to his. One seemed as if it was made out of vibranium, another's walls were built to stop teleportation.
    "What the hell is this place..." he muttered under his breath, heading back down the stairs. In the lower room, a mirror hung next to the bed. Wolverine walked up to it, examining himself. Nothing seemed to be different. Hm. But then, something began to happen. He watched as his face and body began to change. Ever so slowly, his face began to take the shape of Captain America. His X-Men uniform shifted to the stars and stripes decorated suit of the other hero.
    "What the-"
    Behind him, there was a loud and disorienting noise as the heavy, metal door swung open. Artificial light began to pour in as he made his way outside. A group was already forming in the centre of the houses, where a clearing had been built.
    "So, I guess the same thing happened to all of you?" came the voice of Daredevil from the mass of prisoners.
    "If you mean being magically teleported into a prison and transformed into one of my students," said Shadowcat, "Then yes, that is exactly what happened to me."
    The rest of the prisoners began to arrive, in the form of various heroes and villains. As the last one joined the group, a sinister voice sounded over a speaker.
    "For too long, your powers have gone unchecked in your universes. Now, we are to bring balance. Among you, there are villains, lurking in the form of heroes. This will be a test of every ability you possess. The weak will be eliminated and the strong, whoever that may be, will return to their universes, with their lives intact."
    The group turned to look at each other. Every prisoner took an unconscious step away from the nearest person to them.
    Wolverine piped up, speaking to the voice. "Who are you?"
    The voice chuckled. 3 hooded figures appeared in front of them.
    "It is not important who we are." mumbled the first figure.
    "Right now," the second figure, who was the voice from the loudspeaker, said, "you should be worrying about who each other are."
    Wolverine gave a suspicious look around at those beside him as the first figure spoke up again.
    "To make sure you do-gooders don't try anything, we've brought a little insurance. Banner, take off your hood." He gestured to the figure beside him. The figure removed his hood, revealing the weak figure of Bruce Banner, his eyes slightly glassy. The first figure continued, glee in his voice. "In the unlikely event of a... rebellion, Banner here is going to be our little guard dog." The group of heroes looked at each other nervously, before a voice called out from the back.

"Why's he all bent over like that?"

The hooded figures paused, before turning to look at Banner, who was bent over and grunting slowly. They nodded at each other before turning back towards the prisoners.

"You're on your own."

And with that, they disappeared.

Then several things happened, all at once. Wolverine watched as Banner began to grow in size, his skin turning green. He was dimly aware of the prisoners beginning to scatter all around him. Just before Wolverine turned to run, someone who looked just like him pulled a gun from their pocket and shot Daredevil in the head. As he fell, Daredevil slowly transformed into the masked figure of The Black Mask. Wolverine dived as the man who looked like him turned, aiming at his chest. The bullet hit Wolverine in the leg, sending him tumbling to the ground. Wolverine flipped onto his back just in time to see The Hulk slam into him.

Wolverine woke in his cell. Somewhere, an alarm sounded for a few seconds before cutting off. The door swung open and Wolverine walked out. A group began to slowly form in the centre of the prison. Both The Hulk and the body of Black Mask were gone. A loudspeaker crackled and a voice appeared.

“By the end of the day, one of you will be dead. You will choose who.” There was a slight pause and the group all looked at each other. The voice continued, cheerfully. “Good luck!”

Wolverine grumbled under his breath. “What in the hell is going on?”

A voice that sounded suspiciously like Deadpool called out from somewhere behind him. “Isn’t it obvious? It’s…

[​IMG]

Hi there! This is the 19th game in a long running forum game known as Hypixel Mafia. The following spoilers will go through some explanations, rules, guides and much more. Before making any posts, please take a look over these (even a quick look). Returning players should also note that there are some changes to the rules and other important info.

We have now reached the maximum amount of players. However, we will undoubtedly need backups, so please do sign up. For D1, I will replace anyone who does not make a post within the 48 hours without an explanation. You can still sign up for this game using /in.

I will be taking flavour requests this game, PM me if there is a character you particularly want to see included. I have no guarantee that you will actually get this character as a flavour, but I may weight it slightly so you have a better chance of receiving them.

Any comic book related stuff that could be counted as a spoiler should be placed in a spoiler.

(*Mafia explanation is written by @Mitochondria, if it ain't broke don't fix it)

Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. You get to lie to people, and try and solve the puzzle that is a Mafia game using logic, psychology, and deductive reasoning.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are at the start of the game. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and can easily gain the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

There are also several 3rd party roles. 3rd parties, or neutrals, are given separate win conditions that they much achieve. Some neutrals are harmless and have benign win conditions, while others are playing with the intent of killing every other player.

Will the Town figure out who is a part of the Mafia and eliminate them? Or will the Mafia trick the Town and topple the galaxy into chaos? That's the question that this game will answer.

At the start of the game, each player will be PM'd their role and faction. Every role has a unique ability that will be outlined in the role PM. From there, Mafia is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched by using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. The Day will end after a period of 48 hours, at which point the player with the most votes is lynched. It is also possible to end day eariler if a specific player receives half of the votes of the surviving players plus one (this will be outlined in day-starting mod posts throughout the game). When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, role blocking, etc. another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cycles will repeat until a winner has been determined (typically until only one faction of players remains alive). I will then hand out some awards to recognize the best players and moments of the game, and then this mafia round will come to an end!

Mafia is a great way to make a lot of new friends on the forums all while having a great time playing (in my opinion) a really fun forum game.

Everyone hates rules. Most of the time, they're annoying and boring. Like everything that prevents you from robbing a bank instead of getting a job! But in this case, these rules have to be followed to ensure that the game is fair for everyone and is a general good time. So follow these! Punishments may unfortunately have to be handed out if these are broken.

• Try to remain respectful to each other. Whilst it may not seem like it at first, at times Mafia can get pretty intense. At points you may get into debates or called a liar (even if you're not!). It is important to understand that we're all here to have fun and no one is trying to make personal attacks against you.
    • Keep your posts PG. Kids browse this forum! PG-13 at worst. Don't say anything your mother would disapprove of. Also don't call your mother a member of the mafia.
    • Don't discuss the game outside of the thread or a mod-approved PM. Look, it's cheating that ruins the game for everyone. I mean, you can discuss simple stuff but any gamebreaking info is a BIG no-no. You'll get a modkill real quick.
    • No secret codes that have been defined outside of the game. They must also be explained to me. It's annoying for everyone! Also no codes out of the thread or PMs, either.
    • Please, please, don't gamethrow. Gamethrowing basically means that you betray your own faction, for a means other than winning the game (e.g. helping a friend). It ruins the game for pretty much everyone. Oh, and punishments will follow (but the moral punishment is probably the worst bit).
    • Try not to talk during the night phase. Any game-related info will be treated with punishment. Small, meaningless posts (AS LONG AS IT'S NOT CODE) is probably ok.
    • Once you're dead, you're dead. NO GAME RELATED INFO. IT HAPPENS MORE THAN YOU THINK. Also try to cut down on the posting overall. Banter thread posting is ok though.
    • Do not quote or screenshot anything from your PM, unless it's your role name and action descriptions. Do not post your flavour, image, or anything else.
    • Don't abuse loopholes. If you feel you are entitled to use it, let me know first so I can grudgingly approve it. If you think of one that could cause major problems, please let me know so I can fix.
    • Please don't edit your posts as it can cause confusion and counts as possible cheating. Also try not to make multiple posts in a row, make one big post. It's fun for all!
    • Banter is ok. I'm fine with it but if it starts taking up multiple pages, I'll point you towards the banter thread. For new players, banter is any post that isn't related to the game.
    • Role repeats could be possible. They could not be. Who knows?
    • Anti-town players are given fake flavours. Note this is not a fake roleclaim. This is to prevent mass flavour claims early on. Also I plan to use a lot of characters in the flavour posts.
    • To vote for a player's lynch during the day phase, please use the format [VOTE] PlayerName [/VOTE]. To unvote a player use [UNVOTE] PlayerName [/UNVOTE]. I will not count any votes not in this format. Abbreviations of player names are ok.
    • There might be day commands! There might not!
    • Please try not to go inactive. If you really need to leave for a while, let me know in a PM and we can sort something out. Mafia requires a lot of reading, so you need to be prepared for that. I'll try to poke you if you go inactive, but after two phases, you will be replaced.
    • There are no roleclaim rules, unless you go crazy with it in which case I will reintroduce some rules.
    • Try not to use fancy abbreviations and acronyms that new players won't understand.
    • All normal forum rules are valid here.
    • If you have any other questions, please PM me. I'll reply as soon as I can.

No, this game is not a copy of Town of Salem. Mafia originated as a card game in the 1980s, and quickly spread to forums across the Internet. Though it is the most well-known iteration, Town of Salem did not invent Mafia. Town of Salem is a pretty fun game though, so check it out if you don't want to play this.

For the first 3 nights, a random player will receive a Lantern Ring. These are of varying colours and each one comes with a different ability. These are to make the game more interesting.

Throughout the game, some events will occur on different days. Information about these events will be released just prior to the event occurring. These events have very different outcomes and effects, which you will soon see.

In addition to the regular game flavour, a second flavour will be written. This flavour is based on the effects of the characters disappearing from their respective universes. The twist on this flavour is that the outcome of each day and night phase will impact on the flavour, in response to who is winning (out of good, evil and neutral outcomes).

The popular messaging system from previous games makes a return in this game! Players can PM me with a 50 character message to send to another player of their choosing at any point in the day phase. Instructions on when the message should be sent can be included as well. Any links or connections to software outside of the game will not be accepted. Codes that are created by the player will also be denied, unless the player provides me with the translation as well. Abbreviations of words will be accepted.

Every message sent has a 25% chance to be 'overheard', where the message will be posted for everyone to see. This will be pasted exactly as it was sent. Even if it is not overheard, every player will be informed that a message was sent in the format of [PLAYER] sent a message to [PLAYER]. There is a limit of 3 messages per day.

1. Aidan1600904
    2. The_Machine_5000
    3. sykese
    4. Atoriax
    5. ChrisX3
    6. Ryast
    7. KittiesAreCool
    8. Markiavelli
    9. weeaboo
    10. JinxPlays
    11. dwlee99
    12. LunarZeta
    13. Terrabyte
    14. Nz_Slimeables
    15. Tmi489
    16. Dinodinodude
    17. xProScrublord
    18. Pseudonym
    19. DangerKing87IsTrash
    20. Sharc0vitz
    21. Dom
    22. Taboo
    23. DragonKing87
    24. Serendipity
    25. Multicellular
    26. mrninja1
    27. Skullmaster4
    28. Bayleef0909
    29. Cahillguy
    30. XCVigilance
    31. ItzzGaming
    32. DatGamer

1. XCVIII

3. sykese
    4. Atoriax
    5. ChrisX3
    6. Ryast
    13. Terrabyte
    17. xProScrublord
    18. Midnight-Ette
    19. SlingshotFoxIsTrash
    31. ItzzGaming

LunarZeta, Jean Gray or the Town Psychic was killed during Night One.
    Serendipity, The Punisher or the Town 2-Shot Novice Vigilante was lynched on Day Two.
    Bayleef0909, Captain America or the
    Town Motivator, was killed during Night Two.
    Dinodinodude, Green Goblin or the
    Neutral Arsonist/Bomber, was killed during Night Two.
    Nz_Slimeables, The Flash or the
    Town Odd-Night Commuter, was killed during Night Two.
    Skullmaster4, The Joker or the
    Neutral Inquisitor, was killed during Night Two.
    Markiavelli, Batman or the
    Town Cop, was killed during Night Two.
    Sharc0vitz, Deathstroke or the Mafia 2-Shot Sniper Universal Backup, was lynched on Day Three.
    weeaboo, Spiderman or the
    Town 1-Shot Bulletproof Roleblocker, was killed during Night Three.
    XCVigilance,
    Loki or the Neutral Trickster, was lynched on Day Four.
    Dom, Wolverine or the Town Bodygaurd, was killed during Night Four.
    DatGamer,
    Iron Man or the Town Hacker, was killed during Night Four.
    mrninja1, Mystique or the Neutral Amnesiac turned Mafia 2-Shot Sniper Universal Backup, was lynched on Day Five.
    Aidan,
    Wonder Woman or the Town 2-Shot Role Cop, was killed during Night Five.
    dwlee99,
    Krypto the Superdog or the Town 3-Shot PGO, was lynched on Day Six.
    Taboo,
    Venom or the Mafia 3-Shot Controlling Captain, was desperadoed on Day Six.
    LennyFace,
    Catwoman or the Town 4-Shot Thief, was killed during Night Six.
    DragonKing87, Black Panther or the Town Tracker, was killed during Night Six.
    The_Machine_5000, Galactus or the Neutral 1-Shot Bulletproof 1-Shot Investigation Immune Scavenging Destroyer, was lynched on Day Seven.
    Danger100ishIsTrash, Thor or the Town FPTSLBOOIA, was daykilled on Day Seven.
    KittiesAreCool, Shadowcat or the Town Watcher, was killed during Night Seven.
    bayleef0909, Cyborg or the Town Doctor, was killed during Night Eight.
    Multicellular, Supergirl or the Town Seraph Knight, was lynched on Day Nine.

A List of Normal Roles (Some custom roles have been used in this game)

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles

This is the wiki for our games (ty to the people who took time to edit it)

http://hypixel-mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Hypixel_Mafia_Wikia

This is another good guide (not written by us)

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=A_Beginner's_Guide_to_Being_Awesome_At_Mafia

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    • Like x 24
    • Hype Train x 4
    • Creative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Aidan1600904

Aidan1600904 Well-Known Member

/in

• Like Like x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. In

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aidan1600904

Aidan1600904 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  5. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    You know what? Many people have told me that this has changed a lot since I participated in the very first game of it, and so I will give it another chance this time around.

I will join.

/in

• Hype Train Hype Train x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Atoriax

Atoriax Well-Known Member

Atoriax
    VIP+
    /in

• Like Like x 3
  7. MightNOTochondria

MightNOTochondria Well-Known Member

/in

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

/in!

If you play it right you'll have 20k by the end of this

@theempirestrafesback @Sharc0vitz I know both of you would like to play again (sharc told me he enjoyed it, so yay)

• Like Like x 2
  9. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    Oh boy

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

Whoops, forgot about the name change. @Markiavelli

• Like Like x 2
  11. cheickens

cheickens Well-Known Member

cheickens
    MVP
    /in
    Edit: I get it now! Sounds like so much fun! Glad I'm in. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    You might want to read the the rules and tips first before you get involved in it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Rio

Rio

Rio Well-Known Member

Rio
    MVP+
    SkyLegion SKYLGN
    [​IMG] fix this please it's killing me

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

I love how deadpool breaks the 4th wall at the end, that was great

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    rip spelling.

• Like Like x 2
  17. /in

• Like Like x 2
  18. sykese

sykese Well-Known Member

sykeseguy
    MVP+
    Doesn't he break the 4th wall like everywhere?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

yeah, but I love the way supreme did it xD

• Like Like x 1
  20. He hasn't hit anyone with text bubbles yet guys, quit whining.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1