MVP+
    “Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
    Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
    While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
    As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
    "‘Tis some visitor," I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door—
    Only this and nothing more.”

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December;
    And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
    Eagerly I wished the morrow;—vainly I had sought to borrow
    From my books surcease of sorrow—sorrow for the lost Lenore—
    For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore—
    Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
    Thrilled me—filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
    So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating,
    "‘Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door—
    Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;—
    This it is and nothing more.”

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
    “Sir," said I, “or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
    But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
    And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
    That I scarce was sure I heard you”—here I opened wide the door;—
    Darkness there and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
    Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
    But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,
    And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, “Lenore?”
    This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, “Lenore!”—
    Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
    Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
    “Surely," said I, “surely that is something at my window lattice;
    Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore—
    Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;—
    ‘Tis the wind and nothing more!”

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
    In there stepped…”

Why hello there, I didn’t see you sneak up behind me. I am the Count Dracula, and today we shall be playing HALLOWEEN MAFI…

Mitocondria: Uh, but Dragon, it’s Christmas…

Count Dracula: So?

Mito: Well, you can’t have a Halloween theme in December, it’s just, dumb, you know, it really ruins the atmosphere of the game.

*Dragon takes off black curtain he was using as a cape*

Dragon: But? But isn’t Halloween fun? I thoug..

Mito: No. It’s December, change the theme.

….

Mito: Also would you get out of my house

*Dragon runs out of the house while knocking over trash cans *

I’ll show him! I’LL SHOW HIM

*Scene Fades to black*

No that your survived the horrific writing of Dragon, you shall face an even more terrifying adventure

Welcome to Mafia 14: Night Of The Living Goo’s

Where all rules you have ever known are thrown out, when you thought the no one could ruin mafia, Dragon is here to prove you wrong. The Golden Age of mafia has left us, and the black ages are descending quickly. Now, you might be wondering why I gathered you all here today. It is to present the truth to you. While you might have thought that after 14 attempts to eliminate the mafia, the town was finally sucessful... well they weren't, and for the sake of time I won't explain a convient reason why they're back. All I know, is that you must destroy them. Why, don't ask me, I'm just following the script I got, but, do you best!

Now, I have even a bigger shock.

Look around you, what do you see. MWHAHAHAH

You ARE ALL PUMPKINS!!!

AHEM

YOU ARE ALL PUMPKINS!

Is this mic on..??

*Voice from the crowd of pumpkins*

Can we just start already?

Fine, just kill each other then, you see what happens when try to make something cool, you all just hate it! WELL I DON’T LIKE YOU GUYS EITHER

*The face of Dragon slowly disappears from the screen in the pumpkin patch*

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE

*Screen slowly turns back on*

*Reads over script quickly*

Oh yes! RULES! Rules and stuff…

WHAT IS MAFIA??? You! might! be! asking!

To put very simply, Mafia is a game of lying, deception, subterfuge, and trickery. Every player will need to be ready to lie, extort other players, and do whatever is necessary (within the rules!) to stay alive and win the game.

Mafia is a long-standing game that originated as a card party game. It quickly gained fame across forums, and the browser game Town of Salem is heavily based off of this game. I'm stealing this description from the person who brought it here but let's just pretend I wrote it.

To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the town and mafia. Mafia know who each other are and can coordinate their actions privately. The goal of the mafia is to kill the town until they have the majority, while the Town needs to figure out who the Mafia is, and kill them.

Townies on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more townies than mafia; usually the ratio is 1 mafia for every 3 townies. In other words, Mafia is a game of an informed minority against an uninformed majority. Can the mafia use its superior organization and knowledge to lead the town astray? Or can the town figure out the mafia and kill them before their numbers advantage runs out? That, my friends, is the question that will be answered over the course of this game.

At the beginning of the game you will be PM’ed your role by me. This PM will have any specifics about your role, and it is here you may ask me any questions about your role. It’s important that you don’t share your role with everyone else though! The game is divided into two repeating phases: day and night. Day will last for approximately 48 hours and will revolve around deciding a lynch target by means of voting. Each player will discuss their suspicions, and try to decide who they can trust, during this day phase. Every player in the game gets one vote, and each player must argue and convince the other players to lynch their target. At the end of the day the person with the most votes is lynched; their alignment and role are revealed and they are removed from the game. The majority of the action in the game takes place during the day phase.

Night is 24 hours long and is reserved for private actions. Any player in the game that has an ability (such as mafia kills, detective checks, medic protections, etc.) can use their power in this phase. Usually during the night everyone discusses the results of the lynch and makes plans for the next day. It serves as downtime from the emotionally charged days. After the night ends, a day post comes up with the results of who dies. After the day post, the discussion for lynch begins anew.

Once there is a winner, everyone can talk freely about the game, and I will be handing out some virtual bragging-rights awards :3

-Everyone please remain respectful of each other. Mafia can get heated at times, and you'll likely get into debates or get called a liar, but no personal attacks on a person. Normal forum rules apply here too. Other than that accuse everyone! LIES LIES LIES. They are all watching you, trying to find a lie, you can trust no one, no one, not even your friends. There are no friends. Only murderers.

-Don’t discuss this game outside of the threads/pm’s for this game, so the game thread, banter thread, and pm’s I made. No communicating in game, skype, other forums, pm’s, whatever, you know what I mean, use common sense.

-I guess I’m supposed to say no secret codes? K. If you make it up in a pm with fellow mafia/lover/whatever it’s fine, but no making or using codes from skype/minecraft/pm/old game.

-Do not purposely play against your own win con. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend. If you’re mafia, play to the mafia win con. If you’re town, play to the town win con. If you’re a serial killer, I won’t stop you from claiming and helping town, but you won’t survive, but I’ll allow it. In the event of alignment switching roles, you should play to your current win con, unless you believe that you have a better chance winning with the other alignment. If you have questions ask me.

-I really don’t care if you post during night, all it’s going to do is draw more attention to yourself, so it’s not a big problem. No talking about the game or actions at night though, if you do, well, it won’t end well.

-If you’re dead you can do mild bantering during the thread, like a couple posts a day, ya’know. No talking about the game, suggesting stuff to living people, or even joking about killing someone or them being scum. Example “Haha, lol, LivingPlayer#1 is mafia godfather /jk.” Don’t do that, it’s confusing and you will be punished next game. Other than that use common sense, and have fun.

-You may not edit your posts. Preferably you don’t post 8 times in a row, since that’s against the forum rules, but I don’t specifically ban it.

- Banter if you want, don’t go overboard but I don’t really care if you joke around or meme it up, just ya know, don’t ruin the game with it :3

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. To unvote a player, use [UNVOTE] *Player Name* [/UNVOTE]. It’s fine to shorten a person’s name, like DragonKing87 becoming Dragon.

-Time to switch the game up, you may not quote, take a screenshot, or type out any PMs that I send you. Yep, no copy/pasting. You can explain your role, but no typing it out, or just removing a couple words here and there.

-Exact role repeats are not possible in the same alignment to start the game...

-Don’t sign up if you don’t think you can read upwards of 50 pages a day. We slow down a ton during the game but at the beginning it’s crazy. If you don’t post more than a few times for 2 days an 1 night in game you’re getting replaced. If something comes up pm me and I can work with it, but even with notice you cannot be inactive for more than 7 real life days.

-Role claiming rules are a little different this game.

Day 1: 3 Role/Flavor Claims

Day 2: 3 Role/Flavor Claims

Day 3: 3 Role/Flavor Claims

Day 4: 3 Role/Flavor Claims

Day 5+: Unlimited

Flavor claims count as role claims. If you go over the 3 per day, you get a nasty modifier. Also, I will say, there is an abundance of killing roles, so claim carefully.

-Fake commands are fine, no one minds them, but I will say, there are some roles that do have day commands, and there might even be a day killer or two with day commands…

Other than that abuse every loophole you can find, if it’s not a rule abuse it. This might be considering wrong, but if it’s not written it’s not prevented. Loopholes loopholes loopholes. Unless it’s game breaking ya’know, then I’ll yell at you. You know what, if you find a loophole, or a way to break the game, ask me about it in your pm. There’s a 99% chance I’ll allow it, and it will be more fun for me to see you execute it :3

Introducing in Game 14: The Experimental Message System!

Tired of not being able to communicate in "secret" with your fellow players? Do you really want to let someone know something? Now you can, but at a costs! Each person may use a total of two messages a day (can not be used at night), but there is no limit on messages received. Messages can only contain 36 characters or less (not including spaces), or the rest will be cut off. However, it's not certain that someone won't overhear what you're whispering, so you only have an 80% chance of the message getting through without the contents revealed to the entire playerbase. And you never know, there might be town, or even evil role that can figure out some of what you're saying, so you never can be completely safe...
    Messages will be sent through your role pm in this rough format.
    Name of player being messaged, what you want said IN QUOTES, so "Hai I'm Bob the SK", followed by any specific instructions, such as send it with 5 minutes to go in the day ect, or send now. The player who was messaged will receive the full message followed by who messaged them. Then in the game thread, the mod, so me, will announce roughly either
    123Bob secretly messaged Luke123
    or
    123Bob secretly messaged Luke123, but it was overheard! It sounded like 123Bob said "Hai I'm Bob the SK"

While this system might work horrible, or not work for other mods who don't have as much time as I do, but it's something I want to try, and if it goes well maybe we can use a tweaked version in future games. I tried to balance this as well as possible, but since it's experimental, it will be editing and changed during the game, or with player suggestions. I will announce all changes in the thread. If you have any questions now, ask away :3
    Changelog 1: You may not use secret codes with the message system as this just makes the 20% chance of failure irrelevant.
    Changelog 2: Clarification, Role Claims through the message system still count as role claims.

10) XCVigilance - You are The Flying Onion That Majored In Cryptology - Mafia Spy

11) DinoDinoDude/Zecromancer/Mitochondria - The Flying Pumpkin Who Is Paranoid That “The Aliens Are Coming Back For Me” - Town Two-Shot PGO

23) Supreme Court - The Flying Pumpkin Who Is Actually A Normal Pumpkin, He Just Does Normal Pumpkin Stuff Like Driving Out Of Town And Stuff - Town Commuter

33) ChrisX3 - The Flying Zucchini That Throws Shurikens - 1-Shot Mafia Ninja Mafioso
    Day 1:
    3) Just Dropping By - The Flying Pumpkin Who Served In The Secret Service For Some Reason - 3-Shot Bulletproof Survivor - Lynched
    Night 1:
    4) Danger100ish - The Flying Pumpkin Who Had Dreams Of Becoming A State Police Officer But Because Of His Sick Mother And Financial Restraints Stayed In His Home Town and Became the Sheriff - Town Sheriff - Killed
    27) ryast89 - The Flying Pumpkin Who Spent His Time In Jail But Isn’t Trusted By The Ones Who Used To Love Him Causing Bitter Resentment - Town Miller Gunsmith - Killed
    28) Mitochondria - The Flying Friendly Goo - Neutral Red Goo Neighborizer - Killed
    Day 2:
    6) Dom - The Flying Cucumber Who Is Very Good At Confusing People - Mafia Nexus/1-Shot Silver Goo - Lynched
    Night 2:
    2) Atoriax - The Flying Pumpkin Who Sleeps A Lot; May Or May Not Have Super Powers - Town Dreaming God - Killed
    16) Terrabyte - The Flying Pumpkin Who Used To Work For The Mafia But Tried To Escape It, Currently Worried For His Life, Tends To Hide At Other People Homes - Town Hider - Killed
    24) ravenmocker - The Flying Pumpkin Who Went To Medical School But Got Kicked Out After He And His Partner Made A Fatal Mistake On The State Governor; Followed His Partner But Still Has Flashbacks To The Mistake Causing Him To Hallucinate A Perfectly Healthy Person Is Dying - Town CPR Doctor - Killed
    Day 3:
    19) Spark - The Flying Melon That Explodes - Mafia Nerfed Role Cop (Explosive Ability) - Exploded
    31) dudebo99 - The Flying Pumpkin That’s Always Loved His Older Brother Who Also Went Into The Investigator Business - Nerfed Town Role Cop - Exploded
    13) XCVIII - The Flying Spanish Inquisition That No One Expects - 1-Shot Bulletproof Inquisitor - Lynched
    Night 3:
    7) SoCoolMaster4 - The Flying Pumpkin Who Had Dreams Of Becoming A State Police Officer But Because Of His Sick Mother And Financial Restraints Stayed In His Home Town and Became the Sheriff - Town Sheriff - Killed
    8) Tmi489 - The Flying Zucchini That Throws Shurikens - 1-Shot Ninja Mafia Mafioso - Killed
    Day 4:
    18) KTthecreeper - The Flying Witch On A Broomstick Who Was Always Harassed For Not Being Very Good At Magic Other Than Mind Control - Neutral Witch - Lynched
    Night 4:
    21) Taboo - The Flying Pumpkin Who Has A Weird Habit Of Protecting People - Town Seraph Knight - Killed
    22) ItzzGaming - The Flying Pumpkin Who Owns A Large Amount Of Pesticides, However He Has A License - Town Vigilante - Killed
    30) spider7550 - The Flying Pumpkin That’s Good At Stalking People But Calls It “Investigating” - Town Voyeur - Killed
    Day 5:
    20) fatpiggyboy - The Flying Pumpkin That’s Good At Legally Breaking Into People’s Homes; Also Has a Brother - Town Role Cop - Lynched
    Night 5:
    1) Piano - The Flying Pumpkin Who Randomly Abducts People And Places Them In Other Homes - Town Transporter - Killed
    15) dwlee99 - The Flying Pumpkin Who Loved Cinderella As A Kid, Wanted To Become A Pumpkin Coach But Instead Decided To Go With A Pwincess Instead; Also Has A Lisp - Town Pwincess - Killed
    17) PhantomCobalt - The Flying Pumpkin Who’s Been In And Out Of Jail 3 Times But Is Trying To Clean Up Their Act And Do Good In Society, But Sadly They Are A Kleptomaniac - Town Thief - Killed
    Day 6:
    9) Lukeandmatthews - The Flying Pumpkin Who Is Very Good At Sitting On People So They Can’t Do Anything - Town Role Blocker - Lynched
    32) NZ_Slimeables - The Flying Pumpkin Who After Many Lawsuits Got His Finger Puppet To Legally Become A Citizen; Votes For Both Of Them - Town Double Voter - Day Killed
    Night 6:
    12) Remoraid - The Flying Pumpkin Who Is Slightly Less Royal Than Certain Other Pumpkins - Neutral Nerfed Pwincess - Killed
    26) Dark Pit - The Flying Pumpkin That Got Denied Entrance To The Police Academy But Refuses To Give Up His Dream Of Busting Criminals - Town Lookout
    29) mvemjsunp8 - The Flying Pumpkin Who Went To Medical School But Got Kicked Out After He And His Partner Made A Fatal Mistake On The State Governor; Was Only Accepted By His Home Town Afterwords - Town Doctor - Killed
    Day 7:
    5) 10000 Jelly Doughnuts - The Flying Squash Thingy - Mafia Godfather - Lynched
    Night 7:
    14) Aidan1600904 - The Flying Pumpkin Who Enjoys Charging People For Fortunes It Got Out Of A Cookie - Town Three-Shot Oracle - Killed
    25) The_Machine_5000 - The Flying Pumpkin Who Pretends To Be Sherlock Holmes When No One’s Around - Town Tracker - Killed
    1) Aexor
    2) DragonKing87's Secret Alt
    3)

Now that all that boring stuff is out of the way, it’s time to begin! Who will win! The pumpkins? Or the other pumpkins? Or will it be the secret orginazation of pumpkins? OR will it be the good pumkpins? Or will it not even be a pumpkin? Who knows, one way or another, we need to find a better writer…

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    • Like x 16
    • Dislike x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Hype Train x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. DragonKing87

DragonKing87 Well-Known Member

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    Day 1:

As the pumpkins finally understood, they were stuck as pumpkins. Chaos broke out throughout the pumpkin patch(how did they even get there?), until they finally came to a consensus… They would find whoever these “imposter pumpkins” were, and remove them from their pumpkin patch. Why, well uhm, just start killing each other. With 33 players, there is roughly a 1 Mafia – 1 Neutral – 4 Town Ratio.

Day lasts for 48 hours, or until someone has a total of 17 votes. For this day 1, a minimum of 6 votes is needed to lynch someone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  3. hi

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  4. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

yay!
    I really hope the title isn't accurate

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. [Vote]@XCVIII[/vote] die scum die.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. [vote] Just droping by [/vote]

you didn't say first when you posted first

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. bru do i need to, no

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Bro, stop being so aggressive. /joke

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. you ruined the turdition of people doing it ;-;

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. DragonKing87

DragonKing87 Well-Known Member

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Tmi489

Tmi489 Well-Known Member

Can you make the flavor in a spoiler? Pls thx.

[vote] KT [/vote]
    2active pl0x.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. k IRL sk

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. scum banwagon because everyone knows it
    [vote]dwlee[/vote]

• Like Like x 3