1. MightNOTochondria

MightNOTochondria Well-Known Member

-No, Mafia is not a copy of Town of Salem. The game of Mafia originated as a party game in the 1980's, and quickly gained fame across the Internet. ToS, though it is one of the more well-known versions, is simply the latest iteration of this game.

-Yes, I know these threads get really long and some people don't like them constantly popping up in the "most recent posts" section (I'm with you guys, I don't like the long threads either). I've got some ideas to fix this, and hopefully make the overall thread-reading experience better for everyone.

-Any issues you might have should be directed to my PM inbox. Posting a complaint on this thread will likely result in a dislike farm and flame war, so it's easier for everyone if you just send me a PM so we can deal with any problems privately.

AGd8Wn2.jpg

(Image from the Internet because I lack graphic design skills)

Taking late night walks through the city was always a good way to contemplate life. Today, the thoughts of my slightly disappointing life (a repeating topic) were blasting through my skull.

One of the biggest misconceptions about being a Brawler is that we live an easy life when, in complete honesty, our life can be really rough. We won't ever be sports stars, we won't ever be entertainers. Nope, we just fight each other. It's kind of a shame, because I've always wanted to develop my skills as a singer.

I suppose it could always be worse, though. I could be an assist trophy or one of those poor Sandbags.

That thought causes me to shudder. Yeah, I guess I am grateful for the life I have. At least we're famous and get to live in big, expensive houses. And there's also the-

But this line of thought was cut short as, suddenly, a cloaked figure darted out from an alley off to my right. I hardly had time to turn my head... before a sharp pain erupted from my stomach. The last thing I can see is the shadowed, cloaked head of my attacker, grinning as I begin to slump forward.

Everything had gone white before I even hit the ground.

~ ~ ~

The still corpse of Lucina was found the following morning, lying still in a pool of blood. Though seeing such an icon dead was enough of a shock, it was the note taped to her forehead that brought about the strongest reaction.

She was only the first. We're coming for you all next.

~ ~ ~

Welcome to Hypixel Mafia VII: Super Smash Bros edition! This is the continuation of the popular Hypixel Mafia games. Below, I explain what exactly this game is, the rules, and some helpful guides for first-time Mafia players. I'd recommend anyone interested in the game looks over those and, if this sounds like the game for you, feel free to signup by posting in this thread.

Mafia is a party game first created in the 1980's, and quickly gained popularity all around the world, both online and in real life. Town of Salem is one of the more popular versions of this game, so if you enjoy that, I'd bet that you'd enjoy this.
    Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. It is a game where you'll lie to friends, and perhaps team up with your enemies. Anything can happen in a game of mafia.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and often has the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

There are also several 3rd party roles. 3rd parties, or neutrals, are given separate win conditions that they much achieve. Some neutrals are harmless and have benign win conditions, while others are playing with the intent of killing every other player.

Will the Town figure out who is a part of the Mafia and eliminate them? Or will the Mafia trick the Town and take control of Middle Earth? That's the question that this game will answer.

At the start of the game, each player will be PM'd their role and team. Every role has a unique ability that will be outlined in the role PM. From there, Mafia is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched (using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]). The Day will end when a player has reached the specified number of votes (often a little less than half the players still alive), and the player with the most votes is lynched. When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, or role blocking another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cycles will repeat until a winner has been determined. I will then hand out some fun awards, and the game will come to an end.
    To make sure that the game goes smoothly and everyone has fun, there are some rules in place. It's important that everyone understands and reads through these, because they will be enforced.

-Everyone will remain respectful of each other. Mafia can get heated at times, and you'll likely get into debates or get called a liar, but the moment that someone starts making personal attacks on a person, I will step in. Mafia is just a game, so don't say things that will start a fight.

-No one is to discuss this game outside of this thread, or any PMs that I send you. Talking about the game with any IRL friends you might have playing, or on Skype, or on Hypixel, or through a PM that you make is considered cheating, and will get you modkilled very quickly. Don't cheat; it annoys everyone else and can ruin the game.

-Don't use any secret codes that you might have come up with outside of this thread. This goes hand in hand with the "cheating" rule mentioned above; secret codes that weren't made in this thread (or in a PM that I created) are against the rules.

-Do not purposely hurt your own faction. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend. If I find out you purposely hurt your team, you will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

-You may not post at all in this thread during the night phase. You will know that it's night by the title of the thread. I will give a 15 minute warning before night starts (try not to post after this warning), but posting after night officially begins will give you first a warning, and then a modkill if it continues.

-Once you are dead, you may not post at all until the game ends. If you post after you are dead, you'll receive first a warning and then a ban from the next game. I'll keep an accurate list of living and dead players, as well as sending you a PM when you die, so there's no excuses.

-You may not quote, take a screenshot, or type out any PMs that I send you. It doesn't matter if it's real or fake, doing this will get you an instant modkill.

-You may not edit your posts, but this also doesn't give you the liberty to post 4+ times in a row. Try and get all of your thoughts into one post to keep the post count of these threads down. Remember, quality is better than quantity.

-A bit of banter is always fun, but please try and keep your posts on topic and related to the game. This isn't an opportunity for you to post farm ;)

-Role repeats are possibile.

-On a scale of 1 to 10, this is a 3 on the bastard rating.

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. To unvote a player, use [UNVOTE] *Player Name* [/UNVOTE].

-Some roles will be given specific commands to input into the day chat. Please do not put fake commands into the chat; only input them if your roles uses them.

-Try your best not to go inactive. I understand that IRL stuff happens; just PM me to let me know if you'll be gone for a long period of time. You don't have to read the entire thread, but I'll be keeping a "Mafia TLDR" in this post that will contain any useful information regarding the game. If you come back and find you've missed 15 pages, just read that to catch up. Failure to post during a day cycle will give you first a warning, then a modkill.

-If you role claim (announcing your role in this thread) early in the game, whether it's real or fake, there will be consequences! A role claim on Day 1 will give you a 99% chance of failing your night action, a role claim on Day 2 will give you a 66% chance of failing your night action, and a role claim on Day 3 will give you a 33% chance of failing your night action. Roleclaiming (whether it's real or fake) before Day 3 will also completely prevent you from receiving the Smash Ball (more on that below). This is to prevent people from using mass role claims to win the game.

-All possible roles can be found here. However, all of these roles won't be used.

-All forum rules apply here. Not following forum rules will get you modkilled, and I'll get staff involved.

-If you ever have any questions, shoot me a PM. I’ll reply back to you as soon as I can, typically within 12 hours.

Quite simply, I (and other people, I'm sure) don't like the really long, 300+ page mafia threads that dominate off topic. We need to remember that this forum game isn't the center of the forums (and remember that I really, really don't want to have to read 300+ pages), so I'm taking a lot of measures to try and cut this game thread down... a lot.

Any and all banter/non-game related posting is to be directed to the Banter PMs I've sent some of you (and if you want to be in the Banter PM, just let me know). Posting too much banter/ trying to post farm will result in a warning. Besides this, no one can talk during the night phases or when they're dead. I'm going to be strict about this; you get a warning and then a modkill. Most of the pages from these games come from night and dead posting, so I'm cutting that entirely.

Days will also go by quicker (hopefully) now that these phases end once someone reaches the specified number of votes.

We're aiming at 100-150 pages here. I really hope we can bring these threads back to the earlier games (primarily 1 and 2) which were much, much shorter.

I will be adding a slight twist to the classic Mafia formula to make this round more exciting; the presence of the Smash Ball. On the first night, a random player will be given the Smash Ball. If you receive the Smash Ball, you can choose to use it to become immune to all night actions for one night (this includes killings, investigations, etc.), but you are not allowed to use any night actions. You can also refuse to use the Smash Ball, and will not receive any of its benefits (but you can use your night actions). This player will then choose another player to give the Smash Ball to, and the cycle repeats.

But be careful! If the Godfather is given the Smash Ball, he will receive permanent night action immunity while still able to perform his own night action. However, any player who receives the Smash Ball can choose to activate it. While doing this will kill the player activating the Smash Ball, this will also remove any night action immunities the Godfather may have (bulletproof, investigation-proof, etc.), making him much easier to hunt down and eliminate.

If a member of the mafia receives the Smash Ball, they must give the Smash Ball to someone else who is not in the mafia the following night.

The Smash Ball will be removed from the game if it is activated.

2. ChrisX3

4. Dinodinodude

8. SmashinMan

13. 55571

16. Dwlee99
    17. Pianoboy8

22. DragonKing87

25. Terrabyte

27. Awesomeman987321

1. mvemjsunp8: Mario, the Neighborhood Town Cop (Daykilled on Day 1)
    2. dudebo99: Samus, the Town Desperado (Daykilled on Day 1)
    3. Thaumstick: Solid Snake the Neighborhood One-Shot Mafia Gladiator (Killed on Night 1)
    4. bayleef0909: Zelda, the Town Neighborizer (Killed on Night 1)
    5. TheDominator37: Robin, the Two-Shot Town CPR Doctor (Killed on Night 1)
    6. JoramvanVugt: Sheik, the Town Watcher (Activated the Smash Ball on Night 1)
    7. PhantomCobalt: Link, the Town Bodyguard (Lynched on Day 2)
    8. Elad :3: Ness, the Town Deflector (Modkilled on Day 2)
    9. Ceige: Male Wii Fit Trainer, the Bulletproof Lover One-Shot Paranoid Survivor (Modkilled on Day 2)
    10. SlingshotFox: Wolf, the Mafia Two-Shot Assassin (Modkilled on Day 2)
    11. Javen5Three: Diddy Kong, the Town Unversal Backup (Modkilled on Day 2)
    12. The_Machine_5000: Villager, the Town Innocent Child (Killed on Night 2)
    13. Danger100ish: Captain Falcon, the Two-Shot Town Day Vigilante (Killed on Night 2)
    14. XCVigilance: Nintendog, the Ascetic Mafia Goon (Lynched on Day 3)
    15. DavidYugiFireMon: Tingle, the Nerfed Mafia Masonizer (Modkilled on Day 3)
    16. Ravenmocker: Jigglypuff, the Town Doctor (Killed on Night 3)
    17. SparkIsn'tMafia: Ridley, the Neutral Inquisitor (Lynched on Day 4)
    18. 10000 Jelly Doughnuts: Luigi, the Two-Shot Town Role Cop (Killed on Night 4)
    19. IAmThePVE (PVP): Hector, the Benign Neutral Poisoner (Killed on Night 4)
    20. Lagg: Mewtwo, the Nerfed Mafia Role Cop (Lynched on Day 5)
    21. Atoriax: Roy, the Mafia Godfather (Lynched on Day 6)

If I receive more than 30 signups, you'll be placed here to replace anyone who needs to drop out (and there's always people who need to drop out, so you'll likely get to play at some point).

Here are a few guides that can help out any new players (or returning players hoping to get better at the game). I'll update this section as I find more guides.

My Favorite Guide
    A Fun Demonstration of a Basic Mafia Game
    A List of All Possible Roles

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or complaints, but try and reserve this thread for signups and the game itself. Good luck, everyone!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 14
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. ChrisX3

ChrisX3 Well-Known Member

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    FIRST
    MUM GET THE CAMERA

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dangerish

Dangerish Well-Known Member

Dangerish
    MVP+
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. SgtPride

SgtPride Well-Known Member

OMFG SIGN ME UP

DIBS ON LUCARIO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    I am want play game

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    I can see some of the LotR stuff xD
    RIP my Harry Potter dreams
    WAIT A SECOND
    I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING
    YOU STOLE MY RULES LIST

(kappa)

• Like Like x 1
  7. SgtPride

SgtPride Well-Known Member

You are need to grammar.

jkjk

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    wow i am much offend

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dangerish

Dangerish Well-Known Member

Dangerish
    MVP+
    My only request this game: DO NOT EVER LET @dudebo99 BE VIGILANTE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.
    Thank you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MightNOTochondria

Direct all banter to the Banter PM I sent you (I don't have time to read a really long thread, pls nu extra banter).

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    So using the Smash Ball basically roleblocks you and makes you Ascetic for a night?
    (Of course you couldn't Strongman/Strong Will through the "RB" but you know what I mean).

• Like Like x 2
  12. In
    So let's get started
    Heh heh heh

absolutly is an opportunity to post farm just have to be on for 12 hours a day

What happens in the situation that on d1 I'm at d1 and forced to claim
    Reread this

• Like Like x 1
  13. Atoriax

Atoriax Well-Known Member

Atoriax
    VIP+
    May I direct your attention to the living players list? :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    Just read through everything as well... no unique roles? ;-;

• Like Like x 1
  15. MightNOTochondria

Very rarely does someone have to role claim on D1 :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    where is the icri rating when you need it

• Like Like x 1
  17. SIGN ME UP. (Villager is my main pls)

Also, dibs on spots 18. Put me in spot 18 or you die.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mightochondria

Mightochondria Well-Known Member

PUT ME IN NOOBS

IT'S TIME TO MAKE ANOTHER REFERENCE SHEET

• Like Like x 1
  19. COUNT ME IN :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChrisX3

Shnitzel704
    MVP+
    I'll make sure to tag you every five minutes when you're dead and then forget to bookmark it every time you post it. Seemed like a pretty good startegy last game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1