I couldn’t take it anymore...
    It was time…
    To stop making gapples in skywars…
    [​IMG]
    And finally…
    Start…
    The game…

WELCOME TO HYPIXEL MAFIA 16!!!!!!!

Town of Salem is a fun and popular browser based video game. It is based on Mafia, which was created in the 1980s and very quickly gained popularity. Later, the game was adopted to forums, and then a simpler version was made for Town of Salem.

While Town of Salem is not the basis of mafia, it is based OFF mafia, and if you would like to try to learn a bit about how the game is played, Town of Salem is a great way of doing so, although since the games are much shorter it has more people who try crazy things.

Welcome, to Mafia XVI: Kits and Classes! This is the 16th game in the popular Hypixel mafia games. This is also a U-Pick. Below, I will explain what mafia is, what the U-Pick version of the game is, the rules, and I provide some guides for newer players. Anyone who has seen the countless 300+ page threads spamming the "Recent posts" part of the forums and wants to see what this is about, please read below to see if you would enjoy. However, I will warn you that the game takes a lot of dedication, and reading 50 and above pages of posts every day.

Mafia is a party game that originated in the 1980's and quickly gained popularity all around the world, both online and in real life. Town of Salem is one of the more popular and recent versions of this game, so if you play that, you would enjoy this game. If not, well, you might enjoy this anyways.

I would suggest that all new players, and old ones, check out the rules section of the post, and any other parts as well. I have made a few small changes to banter and night/dead posting rules and if you break any of them, there will be no excuses.

There will be no maximum of players allowed to sign up for the game; however, signups will only be out for three days, unless we have less than 20 signups, in which case i'll extend it. If you want to sign up, scroll down, because the way of doing so is different this game.

Mafia is a party/card game first created in the 1980's that quickly gained popularity all around the world, both online and in real life. Town of Salem is one of the more popular and recent versions of this game, so if you enjoy that, I'd bet that you'd enjoy this.

Mafia is a game of lies, tricks, subterfuge, and deception. You get to lie to people, and try and solve the puzzle that is a Mafia game using logic, psychology, and deductive reasoning.

Dramatic openings aside, mafia is a game detailing the struggle for power between two major factions; the Town and the Mafia. The Town represents the uninformed majority; the bulk of players will be put in this faction, but they won't know who the other members of the Town are at the start of the game. It is the Town's goal to figure out who is a part of the Mafia, and eliminate those players. The Mafia represents an informed minority; though they are a much smaller group, the Mafia has access to a private chat through which they can scheme, and can easily gain the upper hand through strategic planning. It is the Mafia's goal to outnumber the Town.

There are also several 3rd party roles. 3rd parties, or neutrals, are given separate win conditions that they much achieve. Some neutrals are harmless and have benign win conditions, while others are playing with the intent of killing every other player.

Will the Town figure out who is a part of the Mafia and eliminate them? Or will the Mafia trick the Town and slowly kill them all at night? That's the question that this game will answer.

At the start of the game, each player will be PM'd their role and faction. Every role has a unique ability that will be outlined in the role PM. From there, Mafia (the game) is divided into two repeating cycles; Day and Night. During the Day, every player will have an open discussion in this thread. It is at this point that players try and figure out who they can trust, as well as discern other people's roles. This discussion will eventually lead to a lynch at the end of the day; it is the Town's objective to figure out who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them, while the Mafia aims to mislead the Town and get them to lynch one of their own. At any point during the Day, anyone can vote for someone to be lynched by using the tags [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. The Day will end after a period of 48 hours, at which point the player with the most votes is lynched. It is also possible to end day eariler if a specific player receives half of the votes of the surviving players plus one (this will be outlined in day-starting mod posts throughout the game). When a player is lynched, their role is revealed to everyone and they are considered "dead" and no longer in the game.

During the Night, each player will perform their night actions. As previously stated, each person has a role with special abilities. It is during the night that these abilities can be used. Every player PMs me what they want to do with their ability (whether it be killing, protecting, investigating, role blocking, etc. another player). It is also during this period that the Mafia has access to their private chat that they can use to plan and scheme, but this thread is closed for discussion. This period will end once each player sends me their night action.

These cycles will repeat until a winner has been determined (typically until only one faction of players remains alive). I will then hand out some awards to recognize the best players and moments of the game, and then this mafia round will come to an end!

Mafia is a great way to make a lot of new friends on the forums all while having a great time playing (in my opinion) a really fun forum game.

U-Pick is a game where you pick a flavour, and a role is created for that flavour.

In U-Pick, the first thing you do is message me a flavour based on the theme. If the theme is Pokemon, for example, you could give me the Flavour "Shuckle" and I could give you a role where you are a bulletproof survivor who can trade in his bulletproof modifier for being able to kill once a night. (By using a move to switch your defense stat with attack)" although usually, roles will be more than that. Because of that, most, if not all, roles are custom.

Of course, with any game, there are some rules. Not following them can result in punishments, which could be small or big, depending on what rule you broke. Please respect these rules; even though Mafia can be competitive, there is no lasting result of winning OR losing, and the end result is fun. There should be no reason to break the rules; doing so doesn't help anyone, and stops others from having fun.

-Everyone will respect each other. While playing mafia, you will probably be called a liar. You will most likely get into debates. However, the moment anyone starts to make a personal attack on anyone else, I will step in, and if necessary, so will Hypixel staff. Mafia can get heated sometimes, but this is a game and should be treated as such. Try and be a decent person. Please.

-Remember, we are on the Hypixel forums. A large variety of ages will read through these posts, so please keep the subject matter and language appropriate.

-Do not discuss information outside of the main game thread, or any PMs you have. Talking with IRL friends, talking on skype, talking in Minecraft, talking in PMs, or talking in any other way about the game that I and others cannot se is considered cheating. If we find you to be doing this, you will get a warning, and then a modkill if it happens again. Again, remember that there is no reason to be cheating, and it stops other people's fun, as well as yourself. If you and your friend talk about the game outside of the thread, it also removes a lot of the challenge in mafia, which can make it less fun for you.

-Do not use secret codes you created outside of this thread or in any PM I send you; this is the same as the rule above and again, will not be tolerated.

-Do not purposely hurt your own faction. This includes killing someone not to help you win the game, but because you want to help a friend or have a personal grudge against a specific person. If I find out you purposely hurt your team, you will be modkilled and potentially banned from future games.

-Do not post game-related information during night. When night starts, there will be a 15 minute warning, and after that, there will be no posting during night. I will make a post in the thread, as well as change the thread's title. If you break this rule, you will receive a negative modifier, and if you do it again, you will be modkilled.

-Do not post game-related information after you die. When you die, you are not allowed to say anything related to the game. I will send you a PM saying you died, and there will be a post in the main thread, so you have no excuse for not knowing you were dead. Since I cannot kill you of give you a modifier, this will result in a warning and then a ban from the next game. If you would like to banter, please do so in the banter thread. Once you are dead, you are not allowed to give out any ratings to say you agree or disagree with anything. Of course, some people like to spam likes, which is allowed, but if I see you "ghosting" with ratings, you will receive two warnings and then a ban from the next game.

-You may not quote or take a screenshot of any PMs that I send you. It doesn't matter if it's real or fake, doing this will get you an instant modkill. Please note that you can still claim your role and your results.

-If you find a loophole in the rules, tell me about it. 90% of the time, I'll tell you you can use it, then we'll fix it in the next game. However, if it is entirely game breaking, I'll probably tell you not to use it.

-You can not edit your posts. If you do edit any post, you will receive a warning, then a negative modifier, then a modkill. The only reason you can edit posts is for spelling or grammar, and if you do, clear it with me first so I know why you edited it. Deleting your posts also counts as editing. However, please don't post 4 times in a row because of this, try fit all your info into one post.

-Banter is always fun and keeps the game light-hearted, but if you banter excessively without providing any game related posts, I will ask you to stop. Continuing will make me give you a post-restriction.

-There is no chance of having a role repeat, with two of the same role in the same faction, but flavour repeats are possible, as this is a U-Pick. However, if three of more people request the same flavour, I will ask them to change it and tell everyone else that the flavour is unusable.

-on a scale of 1-10, I have absolutely no idea what this is on the bastard scale, because I have not made the roles yet. However, I will be trying to keep it at around a 7 or lower.

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. You do not have to unvote a player if you wish to vote for someone else; simply vote for a new person using the above format. However, if you would like to unvote a player, do [UNVOTE]*Player name*[/UNVOTE]. capitals will not be enforced, and you don't need to put the entire name, but please make it understandable. For example, if I would like to vote for exampleuser93, I could say [vote]example[/vote]. However, doing "vote: EU93" would absolutely not be allowed.

-Try your best not to go inactive. I understand that stuff happens; just PM me or let me know in this thread if you'll be gone for a long period of time and I'll try find a replacement. This game does require a good amount of reading, so do not sign up if you're not prepared to read quite a few pages of the game. Hopefully, we won't get too much banter, but reading is a reality of playing this game. Failure to post at all during a day cycle will give you first a warning, then a modkill.

-Roleclaiming rules are as follows:
    Day 1: 3 claims
    Day 2: 3 claims
    Day 3: 4 claims
    Day 4: 4 claims
    Day 5: 5 claims
    Day 6: 6 claims
    Day 7: Unlimited claims
    Breaking role claim rules will result in a negative modifier. Punishments will be more severe the higher over the limit you are.
    -Please don't use mafia abbreviations. They only confuse newer players.

-Try to use proper English. I understand it isn't everyone's first language, but in a game based on communication, it is important to be understood.

-Quite obviously, I am not accepting role requests. Also very obviously, flavour requests will be allowed.

-Some examples of roles can be found here. However, I will probably not be using any of these roles.

-All Hypixel forum rules apply here. Not following forum rules will get you modkilled, and I'll get staff involved.

-If you ever have a question, about your role of something in that game you don't understand, ask me about it in your PM. I will try respond within 3-18 hours, but please keep in mind I can't always be online.

-I reserve the right to change any rules at any time as long as I let the players know.

All times are in EST, because that is the most common timezone. However, I live in PST.

Weekdays:
    On most weekdays, I will be online at around 6:00-9:30 EST, with small breaks in between for homework and eating. I might be able to get on at other times as well, but 6:00 - 9:30 is the most reliable.

Weekends:
    On most weekends, I will be able to go online starting at 11:00 EST and for the most part I'll only have 3:00 hour intervals at most in between whenever I can log on until 9:30 EST.
    (I might log on at 11:00 for an hour, leave for two hours, get another hour, leave for 3 hours, get 3 hours, leave for 1 hour, etc)

The messaging system was started by Dragon and was surprisingly fun. However, it was quite powerful used well; as an example, Dom and I used it to make plans for most of the game to try catch mafia as well as stop Dom from dying. To compensate for this...

If you want to send a message, PM it to me during day. The maximum size is 20 characters. However, it also has a 25% chance of being overheard by everyone, as well as a 25% chance of it being overheard by one other random player, which makes a 50% chance of being overheard by at least one person. You get 2 messages a day.

Banter can be fun and lighten up the game; however, I will not be putting up with pages and pages of pure banter with no relation to the game. There will be a place for you to banter all you like: the banter thread. This will become the banter thread when the game starts. Every day, each player can have at most 3 posts in the main thread with Nothing else but banter. If you do more than 3 posts in a day of pure banter, you will get a warning first, then a post restriction modifier. Having a small amount of banter in game related posts, however, is fine. You can banter all you want in the banter thread, but I do not want a 10000 post game where most of it is banter. Excessive banter after the post restriction might result in a modkill.

SIGNING UP:

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED.

You need at least 25 posts to sign up.

If you want to sign up, send me a pm with the title:

Mafia XVI PM: *Your name*

Then, put your flavour request in the PM. Remember, the flavour has to fit the theme, which is Kits and classes. Preferably, I'd like the kits to be from Hypixel, because...

A: I don't want to advertise other servers, and
    B: I might not know what the kit is.

Please don't use any levels; prestige is not allowed, level X is not allowed, etc.

Here are a few guides that can help out any new players (or returning players hoping to get better at the game). I'll update this section as I find more guides.

My Favorite Guide -actually, it's @Mitochondria's favorite, but they know what they're doing :p

A Fun Demonstration of a Basic Mafia Game

1: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    2: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    3: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    4: @SupremeCourt
    5: @Aidan1600904
    6: Rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    7: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    8: @bayleef0909
    9: @Terrabyte
    10: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    11: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    12: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    13: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    14: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    15: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    16: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    17: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    18: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    19: I messed up.
    20: @Zecromancer/@XCVigilance
    21: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    22: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    23: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    24: @SlingshotFox
    25: @Spaghetti
    26: rest in spaghetti never forgetti
    27: @Sharc0vitz/@Remoraid
    28: @Serendipity

BACKUPS:
    1:
    2:
    3:

Taboo, the town Vampire.
    Dragonking87, the town Enderman.
    10000 Jelly Doughnuts, the town Spider.
    jbenjamin, the mafia Shaman.
    TheEmpireStrafesBack, the town thunderlord.
    The_Machine_5000, the town Aquamancer.
    Mitochondria, the mafia Pyromancer.
    Skullmaster4, the mafia Skeleton
    Dwlee99, the town Hype train.
    TMI, The town very fortunate.
    Dom/Lunarzeta, the town chewbacca.
    NZ_Slimeables, the neutral hunter.
    LegendaryMineman, the town arachnologist
    Surviving_Jester, the town Arcanist
    PhantomCobalt, the mafia Leather armour from UHC.
    Ghost65401, the neutral Hunter.
    KTthecreeper, the neutral creepertamer
    XCVIII, the town shoop

Main post: You're looking at it :p
    D1 Start: Scroll down :p
    D1 End: Not here yet!

In this game, there will be powerups based on the kits from each game. Some possible items are....

-Blitz star (blitz)
    -Double damage/Healing (warlords)
    -Diamonds from middle (mega walls)
    -Smash crystal (smash heroes)
    -And maybe more....

By me, custom is defined as any role not on this page: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

Warning: the following flavour is probably poorly written and has a bad taste in music.

I literally just chose that for the name

It was a normal day on the Hypixel forums. Thirty or so players had a game running with around ten thousand posts, and there were many incredible posts being made that could potentially change the server forever. Oh yeah, and people were reporting hackers in the wrong section with no proof, [​IMG] people were saying watchdog is fake, [​IMG] and players were complaining about broken classes that killed them. [​IMG] [​IMG]

The last one was being addressed in a teamspeak channel with a few Hypixel admins. No matter how hard they tried to balance each game, one class would always come out on top and get complaints. They’d nerf the class, just to have another slightly overpowered thing pop up a month later. The admins were getting frustrated. At one point, one of the admins sarcastically wondered out loud how hunter from BSG would do in a game like smash heroes, and how void crawler would do in mega walls. After a few hours, they decided on a good way to nerf each of the more overpowered classes, and each went their separate ways.

A month and many balance updates later, many players watching the News and Announcements subforum received an alert. A new thread had been posted, and it was announcing a new game.

It seemed the game was a combination of some of the most popular games on the server, with most gamemodes being playable, with one difference; you could use classes and kits from almost any other game on the server. Of course, they had been balanced to the best of the Dev team’s ability. The game would be ready for open beta in around a month. However, closed beta was ready, and the game needed testers.

A week later, the testers had been chosen. 28 testers, as well as mods, helpers, and admins would be playing the game.

Day 1 has started! It will last 48 hours or until a player has 15 votes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables Well-Known Member

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    FIRST NERDS

time to role claim
    [VOTE]@Atoriax [/VOTE]

• Like Like x 2
  4. SupremeCourt

SupremeCourt Well-Known Member

*sniff*
    What's that smell?

• Like Like x 1
  5. SupremeCourt

SupremeCourt Well-Known Member

Is that... infidels?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    • Like Like x 2
  7. [vote]macrophobia[/vote] #votingbeforereadingmyrolepmisfun

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables
    VIP
    You are the Townie That Is Against Majority Voting! If you try to vote another player, you will be instantly modkilled

• Like Like x 2
  9. funny thing is thats my role /s

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ryast

Ryast Well-Known Member

KT shouted from the center of the village. "I THINK MITOCHONDRIA IS EVIL, DIE, SCUM!

Suddenly, storm clouds began to form, and a bolt flew out of one straight towards KT, striking him. A cloud of soot and ash appeared around KT. When the ash cloud dissapated, KT was gone.

KT was the town voteless mute know-all-scum! He was modkilled for voting, and speaking!

/s

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2

11. You forgot treestump

• Like Like x 2
  12. FluffoPuppo

FluffoPuppo Well-Known Member

What does /s mean?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nz_Slimeables

Nz_Slimeables