1. Hello,

This is basically an update from @Cecer 's liteloader mod for 1.8 .

The mod edits the vanilla source code, so that your chat history becomes 30,000 lines instead of the normal 100 lines.

It is compatible with a lot of other mods, including Optifine. This mod will work with the following forge versions:
    This means you will not have to update this mod for quite a while!
    The mod might not be compatible with any other mods that modify the vanilla chat classes.

Download:
    To download, visit https://skyerzz.com/Voidchat

It's not a very large mod, but I believe it will be useful for a lot of people :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. skyerzz, I love all your code creations <3

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks for making this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 3
  5. Whoops, did not realize that ._. sorry! Ill change it if you want me too?

• Like Like x 1
  6. No lol it's perfectly fine, I like it xD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Small update (already? yes!) 1.1B

This mod will now work with the following forge versions:
    (when released) 1.10.

Yes, it should already support 1.10 even tough forge is not out for that yet!

• Like Like x 1
  8. kaykaykay

kaykaykay Well-Known Member

Eladkey
    That's misleading! You got my hopes up.

Also, due to FG packaging you still need to recompile it.

9. i actually checked it, i tested this one version with all forge versions from 1.7.10 and up (except 1.10 obviously). One jar fits all!

10. Giann1

Giann1 Well-Known Member

Giann1
    MVP
    Is this compatible with orange marshalls vanilla enchancements mod, which also changes history to around 300 or something?

11. i have no idea. If it doesnt crash, im not sure if it will take my value or orange's one. youll have to test that :)

12. Hmm nice mod
    I think @Q__T wanted this to scroll back the generosity list

• Like Like x 1
  13. Q__T

Q__T Well-Known Member

Q__T
    MVP+
    TheALTs ALTS
    Officer
    Yeah that would help, but with my new mod I think I'll be ok.

14. PiloGraphy

PiloGraphy Member

Interesting mod! 30000 lines is a lot, I guess it will help in some ways :D

15. kaykaykay

Eladkey
    forge 1.10 is out!

16. and the mod works with it :) No need to update or anything else; it works!

17. kaykaykay

Eladkey
    change the thread

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Q__T

Q__T Well-Known Member

Q__T
    MVP+
    TheALTs ALTS
    Officer
    Hi I have been trying to get this to work with no luck. I use MultiMC with 1.8.9, and installed forge and the mod seems loaded fine, but I can't scroll up any more than usual. :(

19. I've spoken with Reika Kalseki, the author of RotaryCraft and a few other mods and he responds with this:

"The goal is to change the behavior of GuiNewChat such that the maximum length of the chat history's list of ChatLine objects (originally 200) becomes 30000 instead.

This is a very simple operation to perform via ASM, but the actual code used is incorrect - and even if it *were* correct, *extremely* inefficient.

The current implementation iterates over the entire instruction set of the method, copying the instruction into a new list unless that instruction's opcode is SIPUSH, in which case a replacement instruction (BIPUSH with operand 30000) is injected instead. The new list ultimately replaces the original instruction set.

The simplest and most correct way to perform this change would be to iterate over the instructions, and instead of deleting or adding any instructions, to simply modify the operand field of the correct IntInsnNode as desired. This *can* be done perfectly safely, and is far more performant than needless extra iteration and list removals and insertions.

Additionally, I would strongly recommend ensuring that the SIPUSH InsnNode operand is 200 before changing it, because another mod or even a Forge version update could in theory change the structure of the class and you may then inadvertently modify some other paremeter with potentially disastrous consequences."

--ReikaKalseki

Basically if this mod is originally Cecer's, then you're at his mercy, and things appear to have broken. (According to the guy with a Masters in aerospace engineering, it's easy to rewrite more effiecently.)

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Did try to originally change the intinsnnode value up, but it appears it crashes entirely if I put it higher than 255 , which is not really the scroll back length I wanted.

I agree it's not written the most efficiently, but it works this way.

Do you use any other mods?
    If so, which ones, if not, can you PM me your logs?