1. It would be amazing to see a DvZ comeback in the Minecraft community. UberMC hosts a DvZ server but its dead, Hypixel on the other hand is still alive and thriving! UberMC described the gamemode as;

"Dwarves vs Zombies has up to 100 players join a game together as dwarves and come together to build the ultimate fortress to protect the shrine against monsters. When a player is spawned into a game they are given a certain dwarf class chosen by random (Builder, Alchemist, Tailor and more!) If the player has VIP they can choose the class before entering the game. Dwarves share a global storage called the nexus that any dwarf can access. This is where teamwork comes in play, for instance if your class is a blacksmith you can make all sorts of armor and weapons and place them in the nexus for your team mates to receive. Any class can place blocks down and contribute to building the ultimate fortress."

It would be great to play DvZ again and hopefully other people are on the same oak boat!

Thanks,
    Hugo
    <3

Attached Files:

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. Wuh I’m confused

3. It was essentially fortress-style defense. Interesting idea, and one that I personally would enjoy seeing.

4. 100 players seems like too many. It would make games longer to fill up, and so many peope won't bother waiting and the game will die

5. Just like mega Skywars ;-;

6. 100 players is a bit much. Even if that is the general number for the game, it should be lowered to something like 20 with 10 on each side. The map and time could be adjusted to fit the change in player count.

Pretty sure that's against eula, so won't happen.

Basically, there are two teams: Dwarves and Zombies. All players are put on the Dwarves team and are given a set amount of prep time to prepare defenses for when the zombies come. There are specific classes for Dwarves like builders, chefs, alchemists, etc that all can create their own specific things to help the team (builders can create more defenses, chefs can create more foods, alchemists can create potions, etc). There's a global vault (like in BW) that all Dwarves can access, and this is where each player can put things they make like food and potions into so everyone can get them.

After prep time, a wither is released that the Dwarves have to fight. If someone dies, they become a Zombie. Their job is to go kill the remaining Dwarves (similar to how VampZ works). If they kill the wither and survive till the end of the game, the Dwarves win. If all Dwarves are killed, the Zombies win.

7. So I just yoinked this straight from the website thingy:

Dwarves vs Zombies has up to 100 players join a game together as dwarves and come together to build the ultimate fortress to protect the shrine against monsters. When a player is spawned into a game they are given a certain dwarf class chosen by random (Builder, Alchemist, Tailor and more!) If the player has VIP they can choose the class before entering the game. Dwarves share a global storage called the nexus that any dwarf can access. This is where teamwork comes in play, for instance if your class is a blacksmith you can make all sorts of armor and weapons and place them in the nexus for your team mates to receive. Any class can place blocks down and contribute to building the ultimate fortress.

After 20 minutes of the round starting, If a dwarf dies they then become 1 out of 10 monsters. When a player becomes a monster they gain access to multiple spells to cast to give them a distinct advantage over a dwarf. For instance if a player gets spawned as a chicken they can fly around the map and shoot dwarves to kill them. The main objective of the monsters is to destroy the shrine located in the dwarves base. However if the dwarves kill about 500 monsters before the shrine is destroyed the dwarves win the game.

When the round starts a shrine is automatically generated on the map. The dwarves can build within about 50 blocks of the shrine and there are certain limitations to how close around the shrine a dwarf can place blocks. players are scrambling around progressing the construction of their fortress. While other dwarves are collecting resources around the map such as flowers to transmute into a variety of different crafting items based on their class. Each class has a manual they receive in their inventory to show what they need to transmute items and what their ultimate contribution to their team is.

8. MarcosSegon

MarcosSegon Active Member

MarcosSegon
    Don't even suggest Hypixel to try DvZ
    Instead go play the remakes people made
    I can tell you the info on them but for the love of god don't tell hypixel to try, They will MURDER DvZ

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. MarcosSegon

MarcosSegon
    DvZ uses only 50 people, and can range from 5 to 50
    People can also join mid-game, playing as monsters
    I can explain you fully what DvZ is, but I really don't want Hypixel to take their hands on this fantastic piece of a Fortress-defense game

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Agreed. Hate to rain on your parade, but seriously. DvZ (as in reference to the original gamemode and its reboots by the same person) is a beloved treasure and would better off be left to long-term players who want to restart the experience instead of those who want to use it for new content.

I also feel like having Hypixel host DvZ would be more destructive to server space and most likely be too laggy unless implemented in a manner which prevents it from doing so, which would thus take most of the fun out of the game.

(hope this is the correct way to quote messages)

11. MarcosSegon

MarcosSegon
    And let's not forget Hypixel can't stand having a minigame that lasts more than 5 minutes, because y'know
    DvZ lasts around an hour and if the skill gap between mobs and dwarves is big it might even reach 2 or 3 hours

Like for real, I think no DvZ fan wants to see "DwarvesWar" exist and I doubt the Hypixel team would bother anyways, this game is complex as heck and they can't even update consistently a KitPvP gamemode

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I can barely stand being in a long game of MM I wouldn't be able to be in an hour long game like this sorry lmao

13. MarcosSegon

MarcosSegon
    I stood in more than 1500 rounds of this game
    If I could do that, you all can do at least one

14. *sniff* I can smell the salty dvz community not wanting their game that's been shut down on Hypixel :thinking:

15. Because if it did get added, there's no doubt in my mind that it would be streamlined into oblivion.

16. If you don’t like the hypixel version, then don’t play it.