• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Reiq

Reiq Well-Known Member

Reiq
    MVP+
    Rebel OFFICER
    Thanks for sharing this on the hypixel quakecraft forums :)

/s

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  3. k?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. K what

5. BryceBAM

BryceBAM Well-Known Member

BryceBAM
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Wow. Thanks for your original post. I don't think I've ever seen anyone post a screenshot of 0 players in Quakecraft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. If many people have done this already why does it matter if I do it?

7. avqi

avqi Member

Avqi
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    It disencourages some people. Back in the day quakecraft had like 200 people playing it. We as a community don't want to be reminded of 0 players playing These days...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. It's a joke... I just said rip lol.

9. BryceBAM

BryceBAM
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    I guess avqi but I think it's annoying and unnecessary to make a post that 10 people have made before.

Since Bobby doesn't understand, I'll simplify it. If you have common sense, feel free to skip the rest of this post; It's not worth reading.

Today, I tell you I had eggs for breakfast. You may say "Ok, cool. I hope they were good." Then, tomorrow, I tell you I had eggs for breakfast yesterday. You may say "You told me yesterday. Also, isn't that old news?" The next day I tell you I had eggs two mornings ago. You may tell me you don't care and I should stop telling you.

Now, I'm at the relative point in the above scenario at which I don't care for your repetitive post. I've seen the same screenshot on these same forums many times before. Do you understand what I'm saying now? When you have something interesting and somewhat original to start a thread about, I'll be glad to see it. Until then, just sit back and enjoy other people's threads. I don't make threads often at all, but I still enjoy browsing the forums and replying.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. avqi

avqi Member

Avqi
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    It is

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Well I certainly haven't seen any posts over that.
    And regarding repetitive posts, look at all the other posts that are useless or similar besides mine... Of course you'd only call me out

12. BryceBAM

BryceBAM
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Yeah. You're right. You know why I only called you out? Everyone else didn't have a track record of making useless posts. You do it every week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Not really. And u know why so many people aren't playing quake? It's because people like you who spread so much hate to newcomers. Quake is going downhill, I'm in the same boat as you're in. So stop treating me badly, I'm a part of the community just like you. Accept it or just leave me alone

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BryceBAM

BryceBAM
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Nah my man, it's not newcomers I don't like. New people playing Quake is great :D Also, most newcomers don't make tons of useless posts. I think I've been fairly kind simply by not calling you out much for your many previous unwanted posts. I just feel like saying something this time.

"Accept that I'm being annoying and I don't care if it bothers you, or just leave me alone"

Wow, what a great pair of choices you've given me here. I'll take you up on neither of those and continue to do as I please.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Omg, that’s insane when Arena Brawl have more players then Quake lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Likewise

17. avqi

avqi Member

Avqi
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    First, we should just stop fighting about this and thats what makes us divided as a community. And second, watch you language on the forums. So lets not fight bryce and bobby. This community is supposed to be a kind, and friendly one. We might not have many players now days, but that does not mean we change our attitudes. Please, lets not go in this direction.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Reiq

Reiq Well-Known Member

Reiq
    MVP+
    Rebel OFFICER
    The way I view the quake community:

• We are tight and everyone knows everyone
    • New people have to make an effort to get in
    • The majority of members feel the need to protecc the community
    • Most of us are open to anyone willing to be a part
    • Some of us feel that you should meet a moral and social standard
    That's just my opinion of what I see.

I feel like there are three main groups with different characteristics in the quake community. I would like to talk about this.

The OG's:
    • These are the people who have been around a long time. They set the standard for how someone should play, act on the forums, talk in chat, and treat people.
    1. Usually have a sense of entitlement to the game and community
    2. Most are very welcoming unless you are a nuisance.
    3. Some have an ego larger than Texas, but most are humble and willing to help.
    4. Very willing to destroy you in solo and act like nothing happened because for them it was just another regular game.
    5. Most have already moved on from quake sadly. But that's life. Old go and new come. Quake will live on.

The Active players:
    • This is the majority of quake players. They are the people that play fairly regularly and you see them on the forums.
    1. Following in the footsteps of the OG's, they have watched and learned how to be a MLG gibber
    2. Usually have a tendency to forcefully be humble as to not make OG's feel uncomfortable for some reason
    3. Know how special and rare the community quake has is and strive to keep it that way
    4. Try to do their best to be welcoming and at the same time keep out trolls that are better off in uhc or something

The newcomers:
    • The majority of these players have a tendency to not care about or are willing to learn how fun it is to be a part of quake. Usually take nothing seriously and have the mindset of jake paul
    1. The few that are willing to give quake a chance have a rough time starting out with pro's in nearly every game
    2. The even fewer of them that stick around either make their own group of new players or try to get into a known active guild to make some friends and learn tip etc.
    3. Every once in a while you get someone who will stick around to troll and are only in it because they get a response and attention from other players.

In the end, we are all a part of what makes quake special and I think we should embrace that. booby666 is just having fun and getting the response he wants. His threads may clog up the forum section but we all have a right to put whatever we want there. There are a lot of players that believe milestone thread are meant to be there to brag and you can't change their mind on the subject. If bobby wants to make useless threads (no offence but they really are useless) then let him and remember that he just wants a response.

Bobby, you are a pretty good player. I played you in a few games today and you have really improved since last time. Keep it up and you will be a real force to be reckoned with.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts. ​

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Goge

Goge Well-Known Member

Gogeta
    MVP+
    Rebel OFFICER
    It matters specifically because many people have done this already.
    Of course! The first thing new players do when they're on the server before deciding what game to play is to check the forums one by one to see whether they like the community or not! Ain't that obvious? Besides, Quake's downfall started long before the Quake forums were even created!!

EDIT: Also, people were already sick of this kind of thread all the way back in May.
    https://hypixel.net/threads/it-finally-happened-_.1118064/#post-9540654

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Kenoah

Kenoah Active Member

Kenoah
    MVP+
    Rebel MEMBER
    Amen

• Agree Agree x 2