Englo Active Member

ENGLO
    MVP++
    Rebel ΘREBLΘ
    General
    staff: lets focus on wiping all pingtag’ers

later

great job team, cleared up these cheaters

official leaderboards get released... oh nice only some blatant cheaters here and there, and legit people gone that weren’t cheating

Smh my head!1!1!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. abzers

abzers Well-Known Member

abzers
    MVP++
    NoWifi NOWIFI
    Officer
    sigh

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Congrats to all!!
    will learn from this mistake.

7. Robin

Robin Well-Known Member

evhacado
    MVP++
    oops PEAR
    XQII & many others that got boosted by cheaters in over 3/4th of their hours should be wiped too. Too bad knowing Hypixel staff these actions will never be taken. Good stuff however on the actual wipes for a lot of players but would have loved to seen anyone that benefit from cheaters being wiped.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. That's a lotta explosions...
    Make sure Jerry doesn't get his hands on those.
    Jokes aside, glad some not vanilla combat got to see tournament play. Would love to see more of this!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Was pretty fun, maybe a warlords tournament next time?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Congrats to everyone! =D

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  11. Top 50 wasn't bad I guess

• Like Like x 3
  12. Was a fun tournament! Got lucky enough to barely place within the Top #150, (248), so I am happy my name is at least indirectly linked to on the main post of this thread. I do feel like it would be better to move to # of games played over time spent in game in future tourneys.

• Like Like x 1
  13. x_x

x_x

x_x Well-Known Member

x_x
    MVP+
    OG Nation OG
    Should have just enabled nametags, at least then cheaters wouldn't have had such a giant advantage over legit players. and it'd be more down to aim.

EDIT: yes i realise it's a big feature in cops and crims not having name tags for enemies, but fair few people, including myself, would rather just eliminate 90% of the cheaters.
    I can guarentee, if nametags were a thing for everyone, the leaderboards would have been VERY different.

A lot of people used other forms of client/mod than just pingtags, and will never be punished for it. Why give them a practically free advantage over legitimate players? It doesn't make any sense in the context..

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Um yeah... quite a lot of problems with leaving f5ers wallers and aimbot but i got #2 so no complaints.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OMG I ended up place #42 so close to the next reward! unfortunately they didn't remove everyone that boosted their points

Congrats to everyone on the board though! It was a fun tourney

16. Pretty good. Pretty good. Those proposed changes sound good, and hopefully there will be an update to the mod htat fixes this exploit.

17. _Byr

_Byr New Member

Byr0
    MVP++
    Ok, so I got wiped. And I just wanted to tell everyone how they actually did it and how this was unfair in countless ways. So I logged on with pingtag on my forge profile after being on a skyblock server for a bit - not realising. I instantly get kicked because it’s bannable. I’m like “oh ok didn’t realise that and oh crap I’m on forge - time to switch”. All my games were played before that - I played 0 games of the tournament after this instance. No one in my team got wiped so I know my wipe is to do with this pingtag thing. Not to mention, all of my tourney games were actually played on Badlion Client (where ping tag isn’t actually a thing lol) which I’ll be really surprised if they can’t see. So I have to say they didn’t do a great job of deciding who cheated with the mod and who didn’t lol - I feel like a more thorough search would be better because they’re playing with people’s 8 hours of free time which don’t forget, might be all some people get for a while. If a staff member looks and this and thinks they can help then I greatly appreciate that but the main point behind this reply is to set the record straight.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. dreamzz

dreamzz Well-Known Member

dreeamzz
    Hole in the wall next thanks

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gg VapeGod was the real MVP

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. unseated

unseated Well-Known Member

unseated
    MVP++
    Overall had fun, my feedback:
    • Need better solution for cheaters lol. I like that pingtag was blacklisted, but there were SO many people still walling and aimbotting...
    • Queue dodging needs to be removed like was said, I think I legit spent more time doing this tourney than bw and there was a 12 hour difference in playtime.
    • I think leaving needs to have a bigger punishment, but switching to # of games played is iffy since if you queue someone blatantly cheating, you lose an actual significant amount of time/games to play - more RNG based (solution here just goes back to dealing with cheaters better).
    • lol if people on the same team/same score split between reward groupings give them the same rewards? They literally all put in the same effort and time, and some of them (even if they performed better individually than the rest of the team) lose out because of actual RNG. Not sure why this is even an issue tbh.

Again, was pretty fun playing w/ friends in a gamemode I normally wouldn't, but my team, as inexperienced cvc players, should absolutely have not had a chance to place as high as we did.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1