?

How's this profession?

This poll will close on Feb 28, 2027 at 10:46 PM.
  1. Perfect, implement it

58.5%
  2. Pretty awful, please don't

14.6%
  3. Great except for the perk

26.8%
  1. Pikachu

Pikachu Well-Known Member

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    In my opinion this is only partially true. First up, you must keep in mind that in order to do a gold pack, you need exactly 8 gold. So what about people that have, for example, 15? You do a gold pack for 8 and forge the last 7 because you obviously don't want to wait to make your healing. So the forges still come in handy for that purpose. Plus, forges also are for sand and extra iron. This just means you don't have to portion out how much forge you save for iron as much. It's not 100% necessary, but hey that's the point of the profession. It's all about convenience.
    Getting saplings is an extremely fast process, which most people dont realize. Just chop down 4 or 5 trees, do your crafting, grab sand, just use your time wisely. Come back in 30ish seconds and lots of saplings will have dropped from decay already. The rate of sapling drop from a decayed leaf is really high, something like 10-15%. I see what you mean though. I'd be happy with this regardless of the recipe or how much is gained. Maybe gaining even more would be cool too, but I feel like people shouldnt be able to get absurd amounts and the conservative 12 is a little fairer for the people who are opposed to the concept in general. Plus, it means that even having only one cane is enough to get what you need.
    Doesn't instant health require glistering melons which aren't all that easy to get much of? I can see what you mean though, this might be a concern for the sake of potions at times which is something worth addressing.
    That's pretty much how I feel about it too. Probably not insanely necessary, pretty cool though. I think people would like it enough, and it fits well with the theme of the profession. And I prefer my system a little more to an "uncrafting table" just seems cooler imo.
    I mean people have been begging for a nerf to stone tools, does this not accomplish that? But yes, obviously the main goal is to nerf obsidian trapping. I think that's quite clear. However, considering it's confirmed one or more is happening anyways, I figured I might as well offer a profession that could include that nerf. Makes sense to me, yeah?

2. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    >Ah, so your concern is that players will have more gold which leads to snowballers killing players for bigger drops. That's still a little odd to me, considering any competent player with more healing has a better chance at KILLING the snowballer by playing well.

>Snowballing doesn't need a "buff" but players who snowball absolutely need new content. If a profession is added that helps everyone but helps snowballers slightly more, that is absolutely not a bad thing and will not be gamebreaking. Also, quick pick was absolutely a nerf to melee based snowballers in every way.

>Going nether for a drag is usually not really worth it. The time wasted on the extra sharpness tier isn't really worth losing out on potential kills for most people like myself. It may be worthwhile to the game's success rate, but I like high kills, as do most snowballers. Saying no creativity was put in is subjective. And I think these things WOULD make the game more fun. Things like cane duping mean I don't have to leave 5 minutes in when I've only found two pieces of it.

3. my concern was that people who snowball accumulate a shit ton of unsmelted gold from people who carry 2 or 3 that they had no reason to smelt. this gold adds up and snowballers wont have to take a minute to smelt anymore.

chief you cant just start throwing out statements and then not even having any backing to what you say. buffing the strongest and most common strategy is definitely something that could break the game and take away any diversity it has left. how was quick pick a nerf to melee bases snowballers?

just because something becomes easier for you doesn't mean its more fun for everyone. fun recipes are things that add a whole new dynamic to the game, not just make it easier. if you can't find cane then don't go looking for cane, don't rely on it so much

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    I always carry extra forges, and so do most others. There's never been a time where I killed someone on surface with gold ore and didn't instantly smelt it.
    Prior to quick pick, going archer kit basically guaranteed you weren't going to get much of anything, and likely weren't going to find bones either because of how slow caving was. Quick pick's implementation gave much more viability to countering tools melee rushers. And look, I'm not opposed to it and never was. I'm just saying that any strategy receiving a "buff" is not necessarily a bad thing as long as other strategies receive good things as well. There's no way something out there is equally good to everyone. The update needs to be a mishmash of things good for all different kinds of people. If I'm not going to be protesting the "Trapper kit" there's no reason for you to be protesting the convenience profession. Everyone deserves some new things that make their gameplay experience more enjoyable.
    And we're going to get plenty of new fun recipes as well (like the decompiler), but I firmly believe some should be dedicated to focusing on making the game smoother, not more exciting. The cool factor from new features wears off, and that's when the overall gameplay experience starts to shine through forever. If you're not going to focus on it, I believe I should.
    ??????? This game is quite possibly the most cane reliant one in all of minecraft. That's just a silly argument to even attempt to make.

5. but now you get even MORE gold and it takes even less time, you wouldn't even have to take the time to get forges anymore or stop to place them down.
    quickpick really doesn't change if you are going to find bones are not. I have played many many games on alts before quickpick was added and quickpick isn't even all that much faster than a stone pick because most of the time mining is spent running through caves and looking for the iron, not mining it. sure everyone deserves things that make their gameplay more enjoyable but that doesn't mean everything needs to be buffed, if we buffed everything every update then i would spawn with full diamond armor.
    my main goal isn't even to make the game "more exciting", its to keep it balanced - something that you don't understand apparently. I am all for fun and I am sure everyone knows this but making the game unbalanced isn't fun at all is it
    my point was that part of uhc is adapting to what happens to you in game. if you could do the same thing every single game no matter what your spawn is, how is that fair at all? this game should stray away from being cane reliant and instead add recipes where you don't need cane for strength.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    This implies individual kills drop 8 gold ore at a time, which is a reach at best. And it doesn't take less time at all, forges are still worth getting. I'll still get all of mine every game, I'll just hold on to less of them. I think almost everyone else would do the same. This would have a much lesser effect than you seem to believe. If anything, I think it'll help cavers more than snowballers.
    The faster you mine, the faster you find a cave and get into new cave branches. Stripmining when your cave is over, pokeholing, etc. becomes massively faster when you get some efficiency. Plus, you only need 3 iron ore to make a quick pick instead of 8 to do your full pack. It's a huge difference.
    If this profession were the only thing added to the update, I could see that being problematic, because that'd be an update that does lean more heavily to snowballers. However, this update is bringing every strategy more content. It's going to rebalance kits further, add a new kit and mechanics for trapping, mining, and all kinds of other strategies. Once again, this profession only slightly leans toward snowballing anyways but even if it did more heavily, how is that unreasonable? How is it a bad thing for ALL strategies to gain from the update? Don't only hand benefits to others, snowballing deserves some love too. I've said this before and I'll say it again, hypixel is the first server to not make the uhc almost entirely based from snowballing. This whole attitude of "snowballing isn't everything" is very new and honestly very surprising. PvP takes far more skill than anything else this game has to throw at us, and undermining that is silly. I've been very reasonable to put myself in others' positions and say "Alright, yeah, lets let everyone enjoy the game however they intend on playing it, as long as it isn't gamebreaking." But if I weren't, I'd probably be focusing exclusively on snowballing, and it'd make sense for me to do so. You seem determined to make snowballing weaker, and that's just silly to me. It's the most skill-based strategy in the game. It SHOULD be strong.
    I don't see at all how this changes anything. So, you think that instead of the game being cane-reliant, they should implement more ways to rush strong enchanted swords? I certainly wouldn't mind that, but it doesn't solve any of your problems and I don't get why you care in the slightest. What difference does it make to you if I reach the same conclusion anyways? I mean, I'm open to it though. Go ahead and make your own suggestions thread if that's what you want to do, but it does not invalidate my post in any way.

7. when the hell did i imply that? i literally said that some people will drop with 2 or 3 gold. im not saying this alone is going to break the game but just adding to breaking the game.
    chief if you really think its worth anyones time to poke holes in walls without an efficiency 3 stone? only idiots do that. why are you even comparing quick pick to iron pack i dont get it?
    i guess there really is no fair way to judge how overpowered it will be unless we can know what else will be added. snowballing is already insanely strong with things like gheads, light gaps, enchanting books, etc. not directly adding things to it doesn't mean its getting weaker, it means its staying balanced.
    my point is that you shouldn't be able to always reach the same conclusion, you would have to adapt your strategy depending on how you spawn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    If someone drops with 2-5 gold ore, I'm not going to wait to get 3 more and do the pack. I'm just going to forge it to immediately have the extra gold ingots on me. That's a reckless choice to save gold ore lol.
    If your cave ends, you need to find a new one. Where iron pack came in was that before quick pick, if you went archer kit, you couldn't even have a regular iron pick until after getting 8 iron ore. So if you found 3 iron in a surface cave, you already had an efficiency 1 iron pick instead of having to deal with a regular stone one. Regardless, even one tier of efficiency (usually two because players will just rush the anvil first) made a huge difference.
    No update is exclusively focused to one strategy, and you should know that by now. I hope they do what they did last time a major update was going to happen and post forum threads on the proposed changes so we can know how everything is altogether. One aspect of an update is seldom overpowered to a strategy by itself, but the whole update altogether potentially could be. We'll have to see.
    It's a minecraft game. It's about fun. What I gather fun from in this game is melee, so I tend to prioritize it. If I don't get access to what I need to sword rush, I don't really want to continue playing it at all, especially considering the fact that when done well, it's very effective. Plus, the most feasible backup is bowing or going for anduril which can't be done without finding chickens or just already having gone archer kit. So, if I go stone tools kit and don't find any cane or chickens, my game is effectively screwed. There aren't other methods to getting a good weapon without spending a lot of time doing it.

9. Similar to the enderchest in mega walls? I think I misunderstood originally, thought you meant it was just like a bp command for the whole team, but this seems better.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. all need to be nerfed except for the ult

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    How is that? I somewhat get it for the first one, it is kind of strong for its purpose, just made sense to me for the sake of maintaining patterns. The backpack doesn't seem OP at all and would really just be nice and...well, convenient, for anyone in the game. And the reed duping doesn't really do a ton. You'd only need it for like 1/3 of your games at absolute most, and it only gets you an extra 12 compared to what you had before. It's not that strong. If anything, the most potentially overpowered item in the profession is the ultimate, which you're apparently more ok with?

12. I guess I could see how gold pack could work, not so opposed to it now.
    Still hate the idea of the insta break obby thing at P2 simply because it is extremely beneficial to high stars or someone that has bought a shit ton of boosters.
    But other than that this profession seems amazing and I would love to see it implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    Thanks! But anyway, I offered multiple possibilities for the p2 so it wouldn't have to be that system at all. I just ideally would love to see huge nerfs to obsidian trapping or its entire removal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. naughtyMEMEZ

naughtyMEMEZ Active Member

RodBreaker
    MVP+
    I think he meant like u only get 1 or 2 of those crafts. But if he didnt i like ur idea

15. Tackky

Tackky Well-Known Member

Tackky
    MVP+
    Smooth SMOOTH
    I probably should of thought of that. It would probably be better if the decompiler didn't give all the items back. If you have an extra hide, you get 9 diamonds back. That is enough for you to go from 1/4 to 3/4 diamond. My idea is for ultimates, extras, and extremely strong items it wont give everything back. For a sharp 1 iron it would give all of it but not for other items. An example is that seven league would give 4 feathers, 3 diamonds, and a pearl. Sharp 3 would give 3 sharp books and the sword's items. God apples would give a stack of gold instead of 72. I also have a different idea for the gold pack. It cost 4 gold surrounding 1 coal and it gives 5 gold. It would give 10 gold for 8 like how you wanted it but less gold to insta smelt. This also solves the problem of getting 8 extra gold and only makes it 4.

16. Pikachu

Pikachu
    MVP++
    JUILD JUILD
    Officer
    Custom crafts wouldn't spit out the extra custom resources. Throwing in hide would just give the 7 diamonds of standard diamond pants as a vanilla item.

17. I’m so late on this but here goes. I really like this idea. I love the backpack craft, there is nothing I hate more than looting with a full inventory. The gold pack could be changed to a coal block to make it a tad more balanced, although that’s just my opinion and it hasn’t been tested yet. If it does need a nerf that’d be viable though. The perk is nice, one question though, for the second prestige, would it add the 450% on top of the upgraded pickaxe?

• Like Like x 1
  18. iCozy

iCozy Active Member

iCozy
    MVP++
    REPresent REP
    Guild Master
    I like the idea of the Decompiler. That would be really helpful if you get a trash sword and want books.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Everythingilike

Everythingilike Well-Known Member

Excellent idea! I love you finally putting out a balanced nerf to obby trapping. Also, I know a 5 star who didn't buy iron pack because forges were faster.

• Like Like x 1
  20. how are forges faster than iron pack

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1