Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Hypixel Community, myself and the Hypixel Forum Team are creating this thread to discuss and gather feedback regarding the recent change to the neutral ratings on the Hypixel Forum. There are a lot of questions and opinions on the recent change, so we believe it is essential to communicate the reasons behind this update, as well as to discuss the multiple suggestions shared by the community.

What are these changes, and what are they for?

The changes I speak of are the removal of the Disagree, Dislike, and Rude from the Post Ratings on profiles. This means that while it is still possible to give these ratings, the amount given or received is no longer counted on each profile.

The reasoning behind these changes was to actually allow the Disagree and Dislike ratings to be used more freely. The neutral ratings were often perceived as more negative than they should be, due to their potential to accumulate on a user profile and affect their reputation negatively on the website. We also had concerns that this could lead to users avoiding expressing certain less popular opinions to avoid that. We hope that this change can make the neutral rating more into what they are meant to be, a quick and simple way to express an opinion.

Naturally, this must come with what many have discussed publicly after this change, modifications to the disagree and dislike limit currently present on the forums. After discussing the matter with the Forum Team, we feel like it would be called for to greatly increase the current limit on disagrees and dislikes, in a way that allows user to use them more freely yet still stops those who attempt to systematically disagree or dislike every single post.

We are discussing regarding the neutral rating limit, yet still combat those who wish to spam them in extreme amounts. Since the systematical spam of one particular rating is not unique to neutral ratings, we are also discussing other ratings limits.

These are important changes for the Hypixel Community, which is why we feel it is important to discuss the matter directly with the Community, as well as take into account the multiple point our dedicated member want to bring up. If need be, we feel that being flexible and reasonable with these changes is called for, to obtain what is the best match and adapted to our unique community.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like x 103
    • Dislike x 62
    • Agree x 11
    • Disagree x 7
    • Useful x 5
    • Creative x 5
    • Funny x 3
    • Hype Train x 3
  2. Rolend

Rolend Well-Known Member

Rolend
    MVP+
    SkyLegion SKYLGN
    Officer
    Wow thanks for the info!

Except I'm sure many of us are still wondering why we can't see our own neutral ratings.

• Agree x 22
    • Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. Randomness-

Randomness- Well-Known Member

Randomness
    MVP+
    Definitely agreed.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  4. MatthewRTP

MatthewRTP Well-Known Member

MatthewRTP
    MVP+
    Still a better rating system than YouTube's! :D

• Funny x 34
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  5. oMac

oMac Active Member

oMac_
    MVP+
    Chimera CHIMERA
    Political Correctness at it's finest. Can't even disagree anymore.

• Agree x 26
    • Disagree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Hype Train x 1
  6. EverDaniel

EverDaniel Well-Known Member

EverDaniel
    MVP+
    This was a great idea to make people feel happy! Not sad and feel like there's something wrong with them! ^.^

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Agree x 7
    • Disagree x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. Tenma_

Tenma_ Well-Known Member

dislike this post because dislikes are no longer bad

thanks

@EverDaniel @ToastyBread I ASKED FOR DISLIKES not likes and usefuls wow so mean

• Like x 9
    • Dislike x 9
    • Useful x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  8. Squag

Squag Well-Known Member

reserved.

EDIT: Hello, Thank you so much for making this thread. :)
    While your new proposed changes are fine, and I see no technical flaw in them atm, there are a couple questions I have and possible improvements I have to suggest.
    a) Would it be possible for me to view my own dislikes/disagrees/rudes received & given? There are a lot of benefits to that. And other people would be unable to see it, but I would be able to see only my own.
    Or better yet, make it toggleable for whether dislikes/disagrees/rudes show up on your profile for everyone. Suppose I just want to check how many, I can quickly enable it and it shows me, then I disable again.
    b) Will this mean that we, the average user, finally be able to use the Rude Rating? Or will that remain mod only? Because it was originally intended for Well-Known Members. ;)
    c) Will the 100 post requirement to give dislikes/disagrees still be there?
    d) Will dislike/disagree rating abuse bans still be feasible? What if I believe every post on a thread serves no purpose other than a post farm (e.g. "agre").
    e) If rating abuse bans are still a thing, would you automatically receive one for giving over 150 per day? Because the average user probably will not hit that limit.

Thanks in advance :)
    If I think of more questions I will ask them in later posts.
    @skydeli @Sovio @blackbird625 @ByeByeObama @Cashboys

• Like x 14
    • Agree x 7
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
  9. Keons

Keons Well-Known Member

Keons
    MVP+
    Plup Club PLUP
    Thanks for the context on why they removed it, really appreciate it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes, this is a really nice addition

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Rio

Rio

Rio Well-Known Member

Rio
    MVP+
    carti ISRAEL
    tell me this will also go for profile likes

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Well damn, I'm out of neutrals.

I really don't get the reasoning behind this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. This will definitely get rid of a lot of the negative atmosphere in the community right now :D

Oh hey, people who hate the update leaving as much of the ratings as they can to try and make it look like it won't get rid of the negative atmosphere.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Disagree x 17
    • Agree x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. MinnesotaPing

MinnesotaPing Well-Known Member

no this is stupid i worked hard for my dislikes. And what about my guy @mastergta11?!?!?!

• Agree x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  15. Dialga

Dialga Well-Known Member

dialga_uwu
    MVP+
    well
    I wanna still be able to see my neutral ratings... :(

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I get what they're trying to say. Basically, people sometimes get afraid to voice their opinions bc the opinion could be unpopular and lead to lots of neutrals. Then, everyone would see that said person has a lot of neutrals, and the person would be discouraged from continuing to post those unpopular opinions.

Thankfully, they're increasing the limit, and adding a limit to every rating if the community wants. I personally enjoy this change

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. I want to see my neutral ratings.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. MinnesotaPing

MinnesotaPing Well-Known Member

no their not

when the only one who gives me a negetive rating is the person i'm disagreeing with get outta here buddy

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. It doesn't necessarily make them pointless.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Sovio

Sovio Well-Known Member

Sovio
    MVP+
    X X
    Guild Master
    @Chandoggie

HOW? the update prevents most (and sometimes all, depending on the time) games of starting, how would anyone that plays the games included like it?
    name some of the positive things from the classic game menu update things please :)
    it doesn't help out the community one bit. it literally just prevents games from starting, which is negative. theres nothing else to it.
    I meant that people that support the classic menu update must not play the games in the classic menu, considering they support preventing the games from starting.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.