Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heya,

This is a step in our multi-process update for Arcade! You can check out the status of the whole thing here:
    This is just a proposal and none of these changes are final. Please leave your feedback! :) Here are some proposed conversion rate changes, to make the exchange rates a bit fairer:

Build Battle (New)

SkyClash
    0.1 → 0.15

Skywars
    0.1 → 0.2

Smash Heroes
    0.1 → 0.2

Speed UHC
    0.1→ 0.15

The Walls
    0.1 → 0.15

TNT Games
    0.5 → to 0.25

VampireZ
    0.25 → 0.2

Warlords
    0.1 → 0.2

As an example: 1,000 Arcade Coins could be traded into 250 TNT Games Coins instead of 500.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 18
  2. Mega Walls maintain 0.1?

3. 5haz

5haz Well-Known Member

Shazombie
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    JUST TO CONFIRM:
    So 10,000 arcade coins would be 2500 build battle coins
    and 100,000 arcade coins would be 25000 build battle coins?

ONLY 0.2?!
    [​IMG]
    UHH.. I personally think this should be even higher. Especially since there are newer or lower level players who struggle to get wins in Skywars due to people having better kits and perks and knowing the game better. but wish to unlock perks that will help increase their chances of winning.

Arcade for me was where I could play easy games and grind coins so that I can convert it to games I found difficult to win and earn coins in but still enjoyed playing like Mega Walls where everyone already had the best prestige kits and I was at a severe disadvantage. So having a decent and near to generous conversion rate would make similar players feel like them playing arcade is worth the resulting coins in the games you struggle to get coins in.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. I think we have to be careful with that, as having "generous" conversion rates will have an impact on that game's economy. From what I remember, initially, it was meant as a bonus. So that while you enjoy playing Arcade, those games don't make use of a proper shop for the games, you could still make use of the Arcade Coins you earned. It is not meant to be a "second income" for e.g. SkyWars coins.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Taboo

Taboo Well-Known Member

Taboo
    MVP+
    SabreTooth L
    OFFICER
    I mean most of the changes are increasing the ratio so I don't think anyone will complain much unless you are talking about breaking the economy which lets be honest doesn't matter in most of these game modes as you are talking about are the niche games on the server most of the players who play these games will have them maxed or close to it. I have no idea about build battle since I don't play it (being honest I don't play much Hypixel so my opinion is not that relevant). The only one I think could use a possible further increase would be Warlords to something like 0.2 but I would get more advice from other people I just remember that when I used the transactions warlords felt underwhelming.

6. Thank you for not changing quakecraft, as it is already a broken economy.

7. 5haz

5haz Well-Known Member

Shazombie
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    that's why I said "near to" so that this does not happen. something like 0.3 or 0.4 would not have a drastic impact on Skywars, especially considering the update with the Angel of Death and other ways to spend coins in great amounts. I just used Skywars as an example since it's one of the most popular games on the server and so many people solely focus on that game without the desire to branch out to other games.

plus, Arcade coins don't just come easily if you aren't familiar with the games and this would act as an incentive for people to try and play it more and perhaps even after they earn the amount they need.

having a likeable conversion rate for new players is important in increasing the amount of people that play Arcade and I believe it would help liven up Arcade.

I just worry that 1000 Arcade coins converting to only 200 Skywars coins is not that much more appealing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tbh yes the do come pretty easily lol like. 1 hour can give you up to 300k arcade coins lol

9. ASW

ASW

ASW Active Member

SupremeSteam
    MVP+
    Goal GOAL
    Co-Owner
    This is not possible without boosters. If it was possible without boosters then everyone would be flooded with coins.

10. This idea may sound far fetched but maybe you could add something besides the conversion like an arcade shop and add in buyable perks for each game.. just a suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  11. So, is this #87 for more game options to convert arcade coins to? I thought Build Battle in game purchases were cosmetic (and super votes, which are meh) only and did not need an inflation in coins.

12. TKR still at 0.1->0.1?

13. UHC should be 0.15 or 0.2

14. 5haz

5haz Well-Known Member

Shazombie
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    tf kind of arcade game you been playing, boi
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Everything looks good and balanced but warlords, I still think this should be a little higher (~.2) since a good dom game can give 5k? (if that still fills) and daily quests also give lots of coins

also I personally think vz may be too high (assuming it’s still 100k arcade to 50k vz), only 100k arcade can give someone enough god sets for 9 or 10 games and it just seems big yikes

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Um I have don’t it on multiple acation
    ;)

17. Are you 50x masters division at this point with all those personal 7x coin boosters then xd

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wait do coin boosters effect quests?

19. nope

20. Aww

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.