Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welcome to the Code Help forum section of the Hypixel forums! This section was created for posting questions, tips, tricks, and general discussion related to our official API or just programming in general.

Here are a few rules for this forum section:
    • You must follow the sitewide rules, which can be found here.
    • Please search before asking, your question could already have been answered.
    • Any creations you've made should be posted in the Code Creations section, not here.
    • Avoid posting questions about a specific Minecraft mod here, but instead on their thread or at the Community Help Forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 31
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  2. Thanks Plancke :D

Glad I could help out.

• Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse Well-Known Member

:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Nice! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thorin

Thorin Well-Known Member

Thorin
    MVP+
    Volt VOLT
    YAY! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  6. ewald22

ewald22 Well-Known Member

ewald22
    MVP+
    The Foundation F
    Dunno what Api even is o.o

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Awesome work @Plancke ! Thanks for this. May prove helpful in the future! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hypickles

Hypickles Active Member

Hypickles
    VIP+
    Will there be a suggestion area for the API? Nice work :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hypickles

Hypickles Active Member

Hypickles
    VIP+
    Is there an example with all stats maxed? (total packages or kits per game unlocked?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ZedHP

ZedHP Modera.. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ZedHP
    Mod
    The Swamp §2ⓢⓦⓐⓜⓟ§6
    Omg finally! Thank you, Pancake! <3
    If we can have a subforum for general questions that'd be so great as well!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I do believe that Crypt made a thread somewhere.. You're free to tell me some and I'll try to pass them through as well :p
    :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It would be allowed because it uses public data, and it does not send any actions back to the server. It will not be very easy to implement though, but I'd like to see it happen (although it would probably become popular and others would also requests alerts :p)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I am not sure how network booster requests are answered, but they should contain something like a timestamp when they are expected to activate or some other sort of timing information [would update when the pause is over, perhaps even before]. I am not sure if the API would directly answer with something like "Boosters are halted", if it doesn't you could check it by comparing current with cached data.

If you keep this situation in mind from the beginning you might be able to make it pause-proof, but your program could as well just notify you if network issues happen, so you could take actions yourself (ie. manually recalculate timings etc.)

Hope that helps, I am sure Max had to work around this with his booster overview page and knows the best solution. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Barethyu

Barethyu Well-Known Member

Barethyu
    MVP+
    Will there ever be a full tutorial for player's like me who have interest in using the API but are simply not experienced enough in programming to do so?

EDIT: By the way, I'm not talking zero experience, I'm talking mildly experienced but not enough to build something from the ground up.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. (Talking for Plancke's PHP API) You would need to have a knowledge of PHP, in some wide perspective. If you only wish to use the API, and not make it "interact" with your own functions/code, you'll be fine just knowing how PHP is sat up.
    I don't know about the Java API, but I believe the same goes for it.

There is a "full" tutorial (in small parts though), both on Plancke's Hypixel-PHP API, and Max Korlaar's Examples should give you a nice idea of how this API works - again, this requires a somehow wider knowledge of PHP. If you're not-so-experienced, I would recommend Max's examples, as there are nice comments explaining everything.

I haven't used the Java API, but it looks like there are fine existing examples there as well. And the JavaDocs can be found here.

If you do not have the knowledge of the language you are coding, to understand the examples, it means you should probably get a bigger knowledge of your language before getting in to the API.
    But again, the API isn't "rocket-science", it should be fairly easy to use as soon as you get the hang of it.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hypickles

Hypickles Active Member

Hypickles
    VIP+
    I'll make a simple tutorial soon. @NoxyG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Hypickles

Hypickles Active Member

Hypickles
    VIP+
    NO NEED TO POST COMMENTS OR LIKE THE VIDEO! This is pure for your experience with the Hypixel API.

*Don't even try to steal the key, it's no longer valid xD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. This is a great new section, I've always wondered about the hypixel api and how to use it.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.