1. So let me start by saying that I know a lot of people will disagree because they like to TNT rush - and I'm not trying to be rude to those who do - but I think we can all acknowledge that it is very OP... a little too OP in my opinion.

So I want to try to suggest a few changes that will make TNT rushing less effective. Not all of the changes will be made together, I am just suggesting a variety so that we can try and work out the one which suits the players the best :)

1. Somehow nerf TNT: Make it have a smaller blast radius or take longer to explode.
    2. Make TNT only available after 2 minutes or so of a game so that players have longer to prepare and defend their bed.
    3. Make water and blast-proof glass cheaper so that they are easy enough to defend your bed with faster. Water should be 10 Iron for a bucket - no one buys water anyway - and as @Shamboman said it is too easy to just block it off. And glass could be reduced in price to 8 Iron for 4 blocks.
    4. Increase the price of TNT so it is not so easy to rush players within a minute of the game starting. This could be making it available for 1 Emerald or 12 Gold.
    5. (This one is a bit different) make a lower build limit so that players can't just drop TNT from way above your head.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Disagree x 31
    • Like x 6
    • Funny x 5
    • Dislike x 2
    • Hype Train x 1
  2. TNT is almost impossible to counter unless you have water, but 1 block of anything will stop the water. It's pretty much a surefire way to get a bed kill, and it's especially a slap in the face when they are bad at PvP and just come at you over and over again. It's just a nuisance when that scenario plays out lmao

• Disagree x 6
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  3. Symuhn

Symuhn Active Member

Symuhn
    MVP+
    Infamy INFAMY
    Why? I am quick enough to put a few blocks over my bed before anyone comes close to rushing me.
    If the TNT did such less damage, it’s going to be really hard to break bed covers when you need to without a pick or axe.

Hypixel doesn’t decide how long it takes for TNT to explode, minecraft developers made it just the way it is.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  4. Yes, you can always put some blocks over it and I understand that, but even a TNT which is badly placed can destroy 2 or 3 layers of bed defence and there simply isn't enough time for a good enough defence to be built before they can rush you.

Something I didn't say in the initial thread which I will now add is that they could make TNT more expensive.

• Disagree x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  5. Also @Symuhn, you disagree with one of the suggestions as you have said, but as I stated I am suggesting a range so that the best can be decided, so would you be happy to see any of those changed?

Also, I'm sure that the Developers can code a way to make TNT explode faster/slower because they pull off some pretty amazing stuff.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Water is a great way to counter tnt, because if you put the water in an unpredictable location the rusher will have to spend time looking fire where the source block for the water is. Also, and this is something that I used to do back when bedwars was first released, i would build up above the bed defense, place the water on top of the pillar, and destroy the pillar so that the source block of the water was well above the bed defense. If you are smart enough, you can put it in a place where the rusher will have to spend way too much time trying to put out the water.

Tl;dr: Water can be an extremely effective counter to tnt, as long as you are smart about the placement of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Some of us( rushers ) dont use TNT. We rush with just 48 wool and tools[after the first rush](in solos and doubles).

In doubles and solos, winning without a bed is extremely common and not too hard so i dont see the point in nerfing tnt in those two. In Squads and trios, tnt costs 8 gold, which should make it less common. Even though, most ppl rush with tools in squads & trios early in the game so the defenses dont get too massive. Even if it does get really big, just cocoon yourself into it and you should be set.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Cause we all know you can’t build up to attack the player as he’s building to you, also we all know that it takes longer to get 4 gold and 8 iron to defend longer then it takes 4 gold and 8 (minimum) iron and to bridge over

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. TNT rushing was already nerfed with the creation of glass. its also easily avoidable if u just build over ur bed instead of helplessly watching them as they tnt it.
    I, myself, dont tnt rush

• Like Like x 3
  10. You can easily defend against tnt rushing, you just need to learn how no nerf is needed. You just need to know how to counter it and get better at the game, and instead of forum posting people should be practicing to get better at bedwars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. the developers wouldn't change tnt for one server kid

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. They have already nerfed tnt in the past to make it have a smaller blast radius so nerfing it again would just make it utterly useless and people would then just buy tools instead.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sorry but this is just a terrible idea. Easy ways to counter tnt are water and blast proof glass, and neither are very expensive. (In fact, water is now cheaper than tnt is)... Also they have nerfed the blast size in the past, it was terrible. Just stop making suggestions to need tnt. Pillar up to hit people off their tnt pillars, it really isn't very hard...

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Symuhn

Symuhn Active Member

Symuhn
    MVP+
    Infamy INFAMY
    I think this guy made a thread because he's salty over bedwars.

• Like Like x 1
  15. they did this in the past and it drove many players to quit

no
    Glass should be cheaper, but 10 iron for a bucket of water is way too cheap. Also, water buckets are the same price as TNT for a reason
    just no
    if they build to height limit, just one tap them when they take 9 hearts of fall damage lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. A longer detonation time really won't help. You still can't place blocks on primed tnt

17. Nope. Bad idea. Sorry, but the basis of this game is being able to bridge and PvP. You are attempting to take away those to aspects, which would ruin the game for casuals and tryhards alike.

18. So I've read through all of your posts, and I knew when I posted it that it wouldn't be a very popular idea, but I think water being the same price as TNT is not helping the problem, it needs to be less, and blast proof glass is too expensive to cover your bed properly.

Yes it's easy to kill them once they drop but it takes them less than a second to get your bed and if they try to jump as far from you as they can they will easily destroy it with no competition.

I will also say that yes, it is easy to build up to them, it is just as easy for them to drop the TNT as you're half way up or knock you off and kill you @eGirlZoe. Yes you can try but it often doesn't work, and then it becomes a stalemate until one of you builds another bridge and TNTs again. Along the same line, yes you can build over your bed, but as I stated above TNT can destroy a significant amount of your bed defence in one go and the stuff you would be able to afford to spam over your bed is not good enough once they drop to break it.

@Bqild I think you misunderstood me, I mean the Hypixel developers can change the TNT in only BedWars.

And can I say @Symuhn that no I am not salty at BedWars, I just think based off all the games I've played at least one team gets eliminated within the first 2 minutes and it's unfair, and that's what caused me to see how overpowered it is.

@Chrissymoo can I ask how removing TNT takes away a basis of PvP and Bridging, if anything it makes the skill more valuable rather than just stacking up and dropping a TNT.

@Payphones, although I like and agree with your opinions on many of those, I would like to know more than just a "no" why you feel those changes are unsuitable. Making TNT available after 2 minutes is quite an extreme change but it completely eliminated the danger of being TNT rushed in the first 2 minutes. With all these in mind, and feedback given above, I think the most reasonable conclusion is to make TNT more expensive - and I think to be honest this makes the most sense.

I also tried TNT rushing in the last game I played, and though we didn't win the game we eliminated the team next to us very easily.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. no, i knew exactly what you meant and they can't

• Like Like x 2
  20. Someone earlier in the thread said they had already nerfed TNT in this way so I thought they could.