1. MtDoom

MtDoom Active Member

MtDoom
    MVP+
    oops BIGNUTS
    Now, i would like to start off this thread by saying that 20 energy was too low. It allowed shamans to continuously spam Chain Lightning in conjunction with Lightning Bolt. However i don't believe that raising the energy cost to 55 is the answer. This almost tripling of the energy cost has a huge impact on how the shaman synergies work.
    Since the energy cost has been raised this much the cooldown reduction factor of Lightning Blot has become almost useless. The fact is that once you have spammed lightning bolt enough for Chain Lightning to come off cooldown you now have 0 energy and have to wait for ages for this to regenerate enough to be able to throw off a Chain and waiting around for a while doing nothing doesn't fit in with the shaman playstyle.
    This change also makes the Capacitator Totem even more situational than it was already. In the past if you had low health and so did the person you were fighting you could throw down totem and chain for 30 and possibly kill them. Now that it costs 65 energy that combo is a lot lot worse. As well as this it means totem deals a lot less damage than it did. Before this nerf you could use totem as well as chain and heal to deal damage and then spam lightning bolt and be able to use chain again. This cannot be done now as you will not be able to get the energy back quick enough to use 2 chains with the totem.
    In conclusion i think that the chain lightning cost should be put down again to something that makes it worth using such as 35 or 40 but in the meantime chain lightning is basically useless as Lightning Bolt does the same as it but just better.
    -Doom

EDIT 1: It would be a lot better back at 20 energy with less damage so that shaman isnt completely boring to play...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
  2. An update for WL has been relased?

3. ZeroFPS

ZeroFPS Well-Known Member

ZeroZoned
    VIP
    What... Chain lightning raised to 55 energy cost?
    This is RIDICULOUS.

4. That's the whole point. I have a level 25 shaman, and when I play as thunder lord, I was once 2v1'd by two level 60+ warriors, and I killed both of them with half my health remaining.the chain lighting is op, and you can hit up to 4 people at a time with it. I'm actually really happy for this nerf.

5. Chronize

Chronize Well-Known Member

yraf
    MVP+
    ParkerDog
    Guild Master
    it was probably nerfed because it was stupidly unfair

6. MtDoom

MtDoom Active Member

MtDoom
    MVP+
    oops BIGNUTS
    yes but now it is useless

7. This is a seriously big change, since the chain lightning no longer jumps 3 times - it's down to 2. It's now completely useless compared to lightning bolt. Perhaps it's only useful with the totem? Even then it's probably a little too risky to use.

Played with it: Yes, it's stupid. Really really stupid. Zero reason to use chain lightning outside of ult when I can use two lightning bolts instead. Ult is too risky and cooldown is too high for much chain lightning usage too.

This is not about gutting TL's power (TL's pretty weak right now, but weakness isn't something I'm worried about). This is about destroying the playstyle that TL was meant to be. This is something that ruins Thunderlord. Not because of lessened power, but because of a bland playstyle.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. BioPrism

BioPrism Active Member

SwordmanOfDerp
    The whole thing about how lightning bolts decrease the cooldown of chain lightning was stupid in my opinion.

9. instead of put 55 energy for the chain lightning they should just make the bolt pierce 3 or 4 max ppl...

I don't understand how they nerf classes always with energy...it's the easiest thing to change in the code?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. My opinion is, they should've nerfed the distance that Chain Lightning can jump between players. It's 10 blocks right now, make it 7 or 5. (Instead of the energy nerf.)

11. Cue all the Shamans crying that their OP class was nerfed

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. BioPrism

BioPrism Active Member

SwordmanOfDerp
    my name is fishstinker08012 and the shaman is stupiiiid now!!!!!111!!!!! like omg i cant kill lvl 00s in 5 seconds it takes a minute!!!1 sjaonf;o omg wurst upd8 ever

13. Zumulus

Zumulus Well-Known Member

Zumulus
    Admin
    The Sloths
    OFFICER
    Hey guys. Amongst other changes, Chain Lightning's energy cost is being increased to 30, but we're also changing the upgrades so that it reduces it back down to 20 when fully upgraded. This change is to help make lower level shamans not as strong as they currently are. However, we made a mistake in the code and if you have the 8th upgrade, it increases the energy cost by 25 instead of reducing it by 5 (Oops!).

I'm very sorry about that and it is being fixed very soon!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Mmmmm-ehhhhh-gah.

15. BioPrism

BioPrism Active Member

SwordmanOfDerp
    That's fine by me, no apologies needed!

16. Is there any changelogs? or coming soontm?

17. Zumulus

Zumulus Well-Known Member

Zumulus
    Admin
    The Sloths
    OFFICER
    Post and patch coming shortly. :)

• Like Like x 7
  18. MtDoom

MtDoom Active Member

MtDoom
    MVP+
    oops BIGNUTS
    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

19. Shurik_Young

Shurik_Young Well-Known Member

Shurik
    MVP+
    how soon?

20. When we getting another thunderlord nerf?

• Dislike Dislike x 4