1. Hello everyone,

This is a thread to possibly allow the nick changes for MVP++ to be changed more often in 24 hours. If you didn't know, the MVP++ rank can change nicks only 3 times per 24 hours. MVP++ needs to have more nick changes, possibly 6 every 24 hours.

We support the server a lot and 3 nick changes isn't enough every 24 hours because we somehow still get recognized. Even with the nick, some players still call me out in some games and I would have to change the nick (but I can't, because I run out). Since Hypixel already generates our nicks, it still makes it obvious to other players which IGNs are nicks. There are formats other players look for to find out that we are nicked. Some people also call us out by our real IGN. For me, this just defeats the entire point of a nick.

My idea to fix this issue is just to give us more nicks we can use per 24 hours. Maybe double it from 3 to 6 would fix the issue. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Chevio

Chevio Well-Known Member

Chevio
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    "Support the server alot"
    lmfao $8 a month is NOTHING lol.
    It should be one nick a month, if you want more you can always record some bedwars and exploit the stupidity of nons for youtube rank.

• Disagree x 10
    • Dislike x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. 1. You obviously haven't seen the store and what people will buy from it. There's a $72 option for a year of MVP++ and I've seen players buy it before.

2. You literally missed the entire point of this thread. Getting YouTube rank for some people is unrealistic and almost impossible now. And one nick a month? You have to be joking. I'm glad you're not running this server, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chevio

Chevio Well-Known Member

Chevio
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    Wow, $72 for a year. Can't believe we can only nick 1,1k times in that amount, such a scam!
    It's not impossible, sound like a 10 year old and record some bedwars and you're good to go. There are plenty of creeps out there that will subscribe.

• Like Like x 5
  5. You're still missing my point. I was saying that the nicks that Hypixel gives us makes it obvious that they are nicks. Some people can tell they are nicks. Giving us more times to nick can change that for a bit before we need to find a different nick.

Getting YouTube rank is just illogical at this point. Some people don't have the dedication and time to run a YouTube rank and get 30,000 subscribers at the same time. It's not that easy.

6. Chevio

Chevio Well-Known Member

Chevio
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    Its easier than you think, anyways; you can always "TRY AGAIN" till you get a not so blatant nick. The point of nicking isn't to hide that theres a mvp++ behind the name but rather exactly whos behind the name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm starting to believe you're not reading what I'm saying. I'm not talking about what nick I choose, I'm talking about how many times MVP++'s can choose their nick. Since the names are automatically generated, they are easy to tell if they are nicks. Allowing us to change nicks more often will make it harder for other players to find us in-game.

8. Chevio

Chevio Well-Known Member

Chevio
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    there are plenty of "nicks" that arnt easy to spot lol. just try again for some time lmfao

9. I'm not much of a nicker, (I don't really see much point in nicking) but they should just do these instead ::
    - Fix /msg (name) on nicks. (Make it say "You cannot message this player" like a normal name instead of "Can't find a player by the name of "a;sfkljafds;""
    - Any other exploits to find nicks.
    - Create nicknames that aren't obvious. (Perhaps use names of banned players? Low level alts would work best since no one knows much about them.)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. my nick is literally a tv show how is this a problem

11. What? Again, that's not my point. I mean nicks can still be found by players if they do /msg [nick] and it will say that there isn't a name. I was saying that since these nicks can be found easily, they should give us more chances to change the nick.
    I like the idea of your last point. Some of these nicks are easily found by other players which is why we need more of a variety of nicks.

How do you get that? A nick of a TV show?

12. segji

segji Well-Known Member

segji
    MVP+
    firstly it doesnt matter that its obvious since no one knows who u are still
    and secondly no one would target you anyways its not like you're relevant xD

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Chevio

Chevio Well-Known Member

Chevio
    MVP++
    Rawr ŖĄЩŖ
    Elite
    Why does it matter if someone knows its a nick??? Lol msging a nick doesn't reveal actual ign

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Some people still call me out in-game WHILE I'm nicked. People still find a way to find my actual IGN through my nick. Second of all, obviously you haven't played SkyWars enough. Apparently, nons call out "high stats players" and target them in the game. Have over 12,000 wins in SkyWars and then play without a nick. I'm sure you would get targeted to the point players will cross the map just to find you and kill you.

upload_2019-9-13_23-17-32.png
    They still will find the actual IGN? I've seen people just straight up call me out in a game. That's why they need to buff the amount of times you can change the nick. So that you can stay more anonymous everytime someone calls you out by your real IGN.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  15. It may not be much at first glance, but it sure does add up.

Let’s assume that 10,000 players buy MVP++ a month. I’m very sure there’s more than this, but I’d rather be under than over in my estimation. 7.99(10,000)= 79,900. This is per month. Even this may not seem like enough for a company, but this is just one rank. People can also buy:
    • Battle pass
    • Companions
    • Boosters
    • VIP
    • VIP+
    • MVP
    • MVP+
    • Boosters
    • Loot boxes
    And I’m probably missing one or two, but I’m too lazy to check the store.

Anyways, MVP++ gives a substantial increase to the monthly income for Hypxiel, which goes back into:
    • Paying Admins
    • Server space
    • The website
    • Game development
    • Etc.
    In conclusion, MVP++ contributed a lot of money to Hypixel, so saying that monthly donations contribute nothing is illogical.

Thank you for listening to my ted talk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. segji

segji Well-Known Member

segji
    MVP+
    then dont speak in chat? not that hard lmao, they wont be able to figure u out if u dont speak in chat

17. Hxrt

Hxrt Active Member

Hacks
    MVP++
    Hurt UWU
    I personally think they should just add a better variety of names you can get when you do /nick.

18. yes for the last one I wouldn’t want to play with my username as doraflorez2008

19. Please shut up. Nicks provide already a big game advantage because you don't know who's hidden behind them. Mvp++ can be therefore considered as a pay 2 win rank. Nicks should be nerfed to 1 a day.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Why do you need to know his ign to beat him

Im pretty sure you can toggle off the star counter in the hub, but the only way I know of finding nicks is by seeing the ign of the winner at the end of a game (in the summary of the website). The best solution to that is don’t win any games :)