1. I’m not a super long time member of cvc, but I’ve been around long enough to have played with the old defuse system. Now my opinion is that the old one was 100x better then the current one. Because it actually required skill. With the current one, one click and you don’t have to do anything! You can even type while you defuse. I (and I’m sure many more) want the old defuse system back.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Gingr

Gingr Active Member

Gingr
    MVP+
    SolarCvC SOLAR
    first and foremost, the old system required mechanical skill only, and only if you had good ping. The best defuser could defuse with a kit in just over a second, which in cvc is almost no time, and made it so as a T you couldnt play a post-plant for the bomb, you had to always have vision on it. The new system allows for more skill in terms of game sense, as the T's have a specific amount of time to check if you're on it or not. In terms of making the game more competitive, the 5 second hold time is much better than the practically random click-to-defuse method. The reason it isn't in pubs while the 5-second one is in challenge mode is bc it would take too much work from the devs for a game this size

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. no, just no

• Like Like x 1
  4. cwb07

cwb07 Active Member

cwb07
    i dont think they update cops and crims anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Notoh

Notoh Well-Known Member

n0toh
    MVP+
    Celestial CSTL
    OFFICER
    thats the thing

relating to what Gingr said, the old system required *mechanical* skill (not much because its literally clicking 9 boxes quickly), but required no gamesense or teamwork (both of which are skills that are significantly more important and harder to master) or positioning skill because you can literally defuse in 1.4 seconds.

the new system's timer means you have to think smart about when and how to defuse, because you can't do it instantly so you have to either coordinate with your teammates, position correctly so its harder for the Ts to see you so you have a better chance, or actually win the round efficiently via kills (meaning that your aim, another skill thats more important and harder to achieve than basic clicking, is relied upon, versus just basic clicking)

not to mention if you don't have good ping you lose

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sadly they dont anymore

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Neb2002

Neb2002 Member

lolitsneb
    VIP
    It made the sides unbalanced, it was easier to get rounds on the ct side. Which made the games worse.

8. njm00

njm00 Well-Known Member

njm00
    MVP+
    Expendables 銏EXPD鉠
    Elite
    I wish they didn't. There was a recent balance patch that ruined the game imo.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. i found the old defuse confusing tbh and isn't beginner friendly, i think the new system is better as it is much simpler and in line with defusing in CS:GO

10. Honestly, I could go with either one. I liked the randomness of the old one and how you could defuse at a faster pace if you wanted to, but the new one allowed newer players who dont really understand the game to still be able to have a chance. It also made it such that the constant rate at which it defuses allows you to estimate if you will have time or not to actually defuse the bomb in time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. LegendMaxqc

LegendMaxqc Active Member

LegendMaxqc
    MVP++
    I liked being able to clutch 1.5 second defuses in the old days in GvGs and everyone was screaming "what the fuck" in voice-chat. Sadly I don't play much Cops vs Crims anymore and it seems that people prefer the newer version.

12. I agree that the old one, or at least some variation off of the old defusal method, should be brought back. It is true that they probably need to fix the ping advantage for it however if they do. The new defusal system basically makes it so defusing on time is an "I can for 100% sure I have enough time" or "There are like 5 seconds until it explodes, there is 0% possibility I can" which both cases are worse than "If I can cut the right wires fast enough I can". The old system still could require teamwork just as much as the new one, like if you want to try to have someone defuse it and others guard them, or kill all the enemies first. Both are still possible with the old one.

13. The old one was just harder for newer players to understand, which is why they changed it. Also ping issues and such, but that wasn't the main reason. Also, #Necro-Post

14. Gingr

Gingr Active Member

Gingr
    MVP+
    SolarCvC SOLAR
    the only way I can see this as justifiable is if the hitbox to interact with the bomb were significantly smaller, like you had to stand within 1 block of the bomb like in cs. making it reaction-clicking based with a 3-blocl interaction range made it way too easy for someone to hide in an unintended corner and guarantee a win, even if theres crims on the site

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rinemaster

Rinemaster Well-Known Member

Rinemaster
    MVP+
    I don't think so. Sorry to hear.

16. POST FARMINGGGGGGGGG

17. Gingr

Gingr Active Member

Gingr
    MVP+
    SolarCvC SOLAR
    imagine post farming to call out a post farmer

18. At least I have a reason. I want 100 posts so I can disagree on all the f5ing posts

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. cwb07

cwb07 Active Member

cwb07
    gotta flex on you with the disagree

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tormin

Tormin Well-Known Member

TORMIN
    MVP+
    The Bloodlust BLOOD
    yes and no. yes because it was pretty epic to do it. no because if there’s 5-10 seconds left to diffuse it’s kind of hard to do it in time