1. Hey everyone,

Long time Blocking Dead fan here and animator of the Hypixel Blocking Dead three-part series.

I'd like to formally request a quick change to the Cornfield which would make it a more enjoyable Evac zone. Currently the cornfield is covered in double-fall ferns which makes it impossible to see anything on top of the fact that it's already dark in Blocking Dead.

I'd like to request the majority of Cornfield double-tall ferns be swapped out for single-tall ferns.

This should be a simple fix and not involve any new coding like many other forum requests!

Now to quickly explain why this wouldn't be an imbalance and why it'd actually make the game more fun:

There are four locations where the zombies can enter the Cornfield (not including flying zombies) which means that this Evac zone is still one of the most difficult zones. Only the Lake has more entryways (having a 360 degree entryway), however the Lake has the advantage of the water which slows the zombies down.

[​IMG]

So even if the majority of the Cornfield were turned into single-tall ferns instead of double and the players could actually see the zombies coming at them before they're one block away, they would still need to defend from four locations, which makes it still one of the most challenging Evac zones and requires either a large team to defend all the entries or a few very skilled players.

Currently you just have to fire randomly. Even in F5 the camera snaps around because of the tall ferns.

Please take this into consideration and let me know if you agree! :)

• Agree x 81
    • Like x 25
    • Funny x 2
    • Hype Train x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  2. Snuggle

Snuggle Snuggie Mod ❤

Snuggle
    Mod
    I agree with this! =D

• Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Yeah. That would seem like a problem.

• Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  4. Agree!;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. This would be a nice change
    +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. flowahh

flowahh Well-Known Member

flowahh
    MVP++
    OG Wavy WAVY
    Agree ;D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. NK9

NK9

NK9 New Member

NintenKid9000
    VIP
    yes, I hate the cornfield even when it's not the evac zone

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. PajamaDevil

PajamaDevil Member

PjDl
    MVP+
    It will make it much easier for noobs (that includes me)
    I agree 100%
    it will allow new players to enjoy it even more too!

9. PeaceKappa

PeaceKappa Active Member

Bashtion
    MVP+
    Totally not backing arby up in a baised way but I actually agree, visibility is already limited and cornfeild is a joke in difficulty

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. It'll be interesting to see if this actually happens, or if it gets ignored like the issues with invisible zombies and zombies being able to hit you through walls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. They should only keep some large grass to give it a feeling that it has been abandoned, but mostly small grass.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. RarePika

RarePika Member

RarePika
    VIP
    Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  13. Huge Agree. As a Blocking dead player, I know the cornfield is one of the hardest evacuate places due this

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. lampple3

lampple3 New Member

lampple3
    MVP+
    +1

15. Tomymy

Tomymy New Member

Drone_Tomymy
    VIP
    I aggre

16. Actually I've never played a match where the rescue zone was the cornfield lol but I still agree because when I am walking through there I can't see a thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. EmeronDC

EmeronDC Member

XxEmeronDCxX
    MVP+
    Wow, great suggestion Youtuber, hopefully the Hypixel build team makes this come true. I just hate it when I cant clearly see the zombies with all these two blocks tall ferns, it just makes it difficult to see where they are and to avoid taking damage. I only won the cornfield rescue zone twice, one round just plain luck that the zombie spawns aren't as massive as it should(10 survivors including me), the other win is Steeg(@steeg) and I when he taught me to go to the corner nearest to the farm tractor. Easy to win with two players, one focus on the cornfield entrance beside gas station, and the other focus on the cornfield.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Anpro

Anpro New Member

Anpro
    Agree 10/10 m8. Even my sunglasses need to be bright in the dark. Im not a corn/fern eater

19. Sordeliel

Sordeliel Member

I agree!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Even though it can make some tense moments. I agree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1