?

Should any changes be made to make the game more new player friendly?

1. Yes

443 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this may seem unnecessary but i'd like to get measurable data on how the community feels about this

I'll spare you guys the essay; blitz has declined in playercount quite a bit recently, possibly because of blitz's notorious difficulty for newer players. Should changes be made to make the game more new player friendly?

note: poll is 'any' or 'none', not 'how much change' (which is important but not what this thread is about)

• Like x 56
    • Agree x 14
    • Dislike x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Hype Train x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Helper Lapis x 1
  2. Honestly yes, I'd like to think I'm pretty good at Survival Games, but No Kits mode gets boring. I'd like to play with kits at least sometimes. If it was just a bit easier to play and not get stomped every single match by Level X's every game that'd be neato. But I mean I kinda doubt the admins are gonna show any love for this mini game, maybe I'm wrong but I feel like they've been neglecting it for a long while now anyways. But then again, maybe they will, I notice Hypixel himself always replies to your tweets whenever you mention your "operation: rescue blitz", so maybe they are listening. Only time will tell I suppose.

Oh, and also, although I do find it annoying that I constantly get beat by people simply because they have really strong kits, I don't think that the kits should get reset or anything. I do however think it would help to possibly lower the costs of some kits, like Red Dragon ( I think is the name? ) for example.

I can't think of much else other than reducing costs of certain advanced kits that are a bit too pricey because of the EULA almost 3 years ago or so. I think it's about time the prices were adjusted. I can't be the only one who thinks that.

I know most people don't like this idea, but maybe just remove Kit Levels 1-5 altogether? They don't really help much at all and usually don't show you what the kit might get in the end. Which makes me think of another idea. Possibly adding an area to the Blitz lobby or something that shows what the final kit would be, so players don't blindly spend coins on something they end up hating. I mean yeah, forums are a thing, but that means the player has to know what the forums even are, hope someone has already posted about what kit they are interested in, and then hope the thread isn't like 2 years old so they can ask any questions they might have without getting yelled at for Necro Post.

But I mean hey, these are just some things I think would help. Maybe I'm just dumb, don't hurt me, it's just a Lego game.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  3. I honeslty think this is a good idea. I love playing skywars and I am decent at PvP. The problem is that it is Impossible to play Blitz because of all the level X people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Goodluck, this would be a great change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Here's the thing, blitz i dont play much, my guild is based on BSG and SW. They have told us that things have been happening like people have been 'Not nice people' and have been hacking, this needs to be changed and moderators need to start moderating games more often to make sure these 'Not nice people' people that curse out on people and people that hack get muted or banned. That's my message

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 2
  6. Blitz has to be one of the most unwelcoming games on the network because the average player-base consists of people with VIII, IX, and X kits.

One of the sole purposes of no-kit mode is to avoid this, especially for newer players.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'd prefer if the game was more beginner-friendly.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if this is the main reason there's such a low player count in Blitz, for new players it's so difficult to get kits and perks without having a high kit yourself.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. old_RetroSlime

old_RetroSlime Well-Known Member

chilling here with my archer 7 kit and getting stomped :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Says an osu player ╮(╯▽╰)╭

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Konamiya

Konamiya Active Member

Lunet
    MVP+
    Lunet
    Guild Master
    Agreed, but didn't you make this thread already a bit back Techno?

10. MoonChild666

MoonChild666 Well-Known Member

thats all the next update should be about lol. completely disregard what old llayers want, focus on new players only. veterans will be pissed at first but then realize how wrong they were when blitz finally gets more llayers again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. i don't consider this a question of prioritizing one type of player over the other, since we can easily help new players without doing basically anything to veterans

question is: do people want to

my thread was a specific change, this is a general mood poll

• Like Like x 2
  12. i don't click edgy teen minecraft skins often anymore, i'd rather click circles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Hype Train x 1
  13. stop clicking circles and stop uploading

• Like Like x 4
  14. I'm not "new" to blitz, but im pretty inexperienced (highest kit is 6 lmao) and I suck at it. Anyways I have fun sucking at it, so i say no. I guess my opinion doesn't matter because I have the most fun picking troll 3 and cobwebbing people or whatever. Just noob things. I also boosted someone two years ago, so theres that. uh. idk. thats all bye

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I want a level X dammit

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Please don't tell me you are deciding on what to do in an update based off of what the community says. We've proven that taking the general community opinion is bad. The average age in blitz is like 10. I think its pretty fair to assume that the general blitz community doesn't necessarily know what is best for them.

Also, although I do believe that blitz should be made new player friendly myself, a strong argument can be made that blitz should not be new player friendly due to how successful blitz was in the past while not being new player friendly.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Adam_CvL

Adam_CvL Well-Known Member

I don't know how I feel about Techno hosting a thread gathering data, lots of people here are uhh young, and will vote yes just because it's techno.

• Agree Agree x 11
  18. I would say no poll matters by anybody because like you said lots of people here are young, so they don't actually know what blitz needs. TBH I hope the council/admins go off of whatever suggestions have the best reasoning as opposed to whatever's "popular"

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. currently can't get any changes approved *with* heavy community support, so I'm assuming i'd have equally little luck without it

correlation =/= causation

my personal biases are very public but this thread wasn't a proposal, it was a poll

you can host your own poll if you want

20. Adam_CvL

Adam_CvL Well-Known Member

true, but I feel techno being the host would just amplify the effect

and reasoning > popularity is so true :p

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.