Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Juswwj
    SIGNUPS HAVE ENDED! IF YOU STILL WISH TO SIGN UP, YOU MAY ONLY SIGN UP AS A BACK-UP.

Hey guys, welcome to the fourth game of Mafia! I will be your host for this game. Now, you may be asking, "Blitz Mafia"? What's that? Well, it's Mafia but with a twist. Read on :3

What is mafia?
    To put very simply, Mafia is a game of lying, deception, subterfuge, and trickery. Every player will need to be ready to lie, extort other players, and do whatever is necessary (within the rules!) to stay alive and win the game.
    Mafia is a long-standing game that originated as a card party game. It quickly gained fame across forums, and the browser game Town of Salem is heavily based off of this game.
    To elaborate, the game is divided into two main teams: the town and mafia. Mafia know who each other are and can coordinate their actions privately. The goal of the mafia is to kill the town until they have the majority, while the Town needs to figure out who the Mafia is, and kill them.

Townies on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more townies than mafia; usually the ratio is 1 mafia for every 3 townies. In other words, Mafia is a game of an informed minority against an uninformed majority. Can the mafia use its superior organization and knowledge to lead the town astray? Or can the town figure out the mafia and kill them before their numbers advantage runs out? That, my friends, is the question that will be answered over the course of this game.

Neutrals are people that are outside of the two main groups and usually they each have a specific requirement for winning. Just because they are neutral does not mean they are affiliated with each other. Think of a neutral as an individual third party.

At the beginning of the game you will be PM’ed your role by me. This PM will have any specifics about your role, and it is here you may ask me any questions about your role. It’s important that you don’t share your role with everyone else though! The game is divided into two repeating cycles: day and night. Day will last for approximately 48 hours and will revolve around deciding a lynch target by means of voting. Each player will discuss their suspicions, and try to decide who they can trust, during this day phase. Every player in the game gets one vote (or two if they have a role effect that allows them to vote twice) and each player must argue and convince the other players to lynch their target. At the end of the day if someone has over half of the players' votes they will be lynched. Certain modifiers change the amount of votes someone needs to be lynched. If, for this reason, their are two candidates for the lynch, whoever has the highest vote count is lynched. When a player is lynched; their alignment and role is revealed and they are kicked from the game (unless they have a role effect that says otherwise). The majority of the action in the game takes place during the day phase.

Night is 24 hours long and is reserved for private actions. Any player in the game that has an ability (such as mafia kills, detective checks, medic protections, etc.) can use their power in this phase. During this time you may speak, but you may not strategize (unless your alignment has a special chat that says otherwise). Night serves as downtime from the emotionally charged days. After the night ends, a day post comes up with the results of who dies. After the day post, the discussion for lynch begins anew.

Once there is a winner, everyone can talk freely about the game, and I will be handing out some virtual bragging-rights awards :3

NOTE: MAFIA IS A GAME OF LYING, MANIPULATION AND TRICKERY. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE TO LIE TO YOU AND/OR DISTRUST YOU, PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM THIS GAME.

What are the rules?
    -All players remain respectful to each other. Mafia can get very heated at times, but it is important that players remember that this is a game. Any personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated.

-Players do not talk about Mafia outside of the Mafia thread. This means no PM’ing each other to make alliances or discuss the game. All posts about Mafia must remain within threads I state are to be used for the game. Players found to be secretly communicating will be immediately banned from the game. However, if you have died and wish to make a private conversation about the game with your other dead friends, you may request one and I will make it.

-If you discuss and strategize about the game too much during the night cycle, you will receive a Warning Token.

-You may NOT quote or post pictures of PMs I send you or of any private chats. Doing this will result in a modkill.

-You may NOT edit any of your posts, even if you make a big mistake. Period. If you have something else to say, put it in a separate post. If you do, you will be given a Warning Token.

-When voting to lynch a player, use the tag [VOTE] *Player Name* [/VOTE]. Any votes not in this format will not be counted. To unvote a player, use [VOTE] *Player Name* [/UNVOTE]. [VOTE] NoLynch [/VOTE] is to be used when you do not wish to lynch anyone. IF YOU DO NOT VOTE IN A DAY YOU WILL GET A WARNING TOKEN! Note: there is no need to write your votes in bold.

-Try not to go inactive. To enforce I will require that you post once in every day cycle. If you miss a day cycle you will receive one Warning Token unless you have stated that you will be offline for that specific period of time.

-If at any time you have three Warning Tokens, you will either be replaced by the next person on the back-up list, or you will be mod-killed (If no back-ups are left).

-All forum rules apply here (duh).

-If you ever have any questions, shoot me a PM. I’ll reply back to you as soon as I can (I do have school and extracurriculars, but expect a response within 16 hours).

To try and prevent players from signing up and disappearing, I am requiring that any member who wishes to sign up has at least 50 posts on the forums. I think this is a relatively fair number, and prevents players from ditching the game and disappearing.

This game isn’t like other forum games because players can’t join once the game started! How can you make mafia inclusive to everyone?
    Due to the nature of the game, I cannot bring on more actual players in the middle of game. It would cause way too many issues, and simply can’t be done. If you do not sign up during the sign-up period, you cannot be an actual player in the game. I know that this is different from many other games here on the forums, but the nature of Mafia makes it impossible to bring other people into the game without greatly unbalancing things. I really am sorry about this. However, you can become a back-up player (more on that below).

I need to drop out in the middle of a game. Can I do this?
    First of all, let me say that I understand life happens. You may join the game, but something suddenly comes up and you can’t play anymore. I completely understand this, and urge you to always put real life before some forum game.
    However, if you know that you’ll be busy within the next three weeks and will be inactive, DO NOT SIGN UP. Modkilling players really does ruin the game, and I want to avoid that if at all possible.
    I would also recommend that new players who have never played mafia before read up on some other mafia games so you can determine if this is the game for you. Below, I have linked the first two Hypixel mafia games, as well as some other games.

Hypixel Mafia Games:
    http://hypixel.net/threads/forum-game-hypixel-mafia-1-game-over-town-wins.277784/

https://hypixel.net/threads/forum-game-hypixel-mafia-ii-night-5.291722/

Other Mafia Games:

http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php/Thread/176709-Mafia-IX-Animal-Double-Crossing/
    http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/27273-P-FM-4-Lovers!-(Town-Win)

For returning players, be aware that this game will be much more in-depth and confusing than the first three games, so it’s important you are able to follow what’s going on.

Back-Ups: What are they?
    This game, I will be adding in a reserve player feature. Reserves are people who want to play the game still, but miss the sign-up period. As a reserve, you will replace an inactive person. That way, I can avoid modkilling people, and we can get the maximum number of people playing.

Any Other Questions?
    Just let me know by sending me a PM or posting in this thread! Mafia is complicated, but is very fun and intense once it gets going.

If you want to read a more detailed explanation of the game, click here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you want to read a list of possible roles, click here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Roles

I hope that this round will be even better than the last three! Hopefully you all are ready for mind games and convoluted twists (because that's what you'll get if you join)! Sign-ups will be open for a week or so, and I'll close when we get 30 or more sign-ups.

---

Now that you've read this great copy-and-paste section (courtesy of Aerocync), I will explain to you the twist I added. Basically, on Night 4, a Blitz star will appear in a random player's house. You may retrieve the star if you are the person living in that house and you do not use your night action or if you use your night action to visit the house with the star.

For example, Player A is the Serial Killer and his house has the star (of course he doesn't know that). If he does not kill someone that night, he earns the star. However, let's say he goes and kill Player B. Player C is an Investigator, and he visits Player A that night. Thus Player C earns the star. The Blitz star can only be used on the next night. Here are a list of its ablities:

Shambles: Switches two players' roles. Players switched are decided by the one that has the star.

Robinhood: Gains a bow and can kill someone that night. The kill bypasses night immunity.

Assassin: Teleports to someone else's house and hides there. Therefore he cannot be killed for that night.

Holy Warrior: Strikes everyone who visits the player with lightning, killing them.

Lynch God: The next day, if he votes someone up it will immediately count as a lynch.

As you can see, these abilities are extremely powerful and can turn the game for the faction that owns it. Make sure it does not fall into the wrong hands :) except that you can't lol

That's not all for the twist though - I will be adding some extra Hypixel-related roles. Now, will mafia score another lucky streak? Will the cult finally claim dominance? Or will town get their revenge? Good luck!

Mafia mates:
    @Aerocync
    @Danger100ish

@dudebo99
    @Spark68
    @Mee
    @Hexx_
    @DavidYugiFireMon
    @DragonKing87
    @Atoriax
    @XCVigilance
    @Dinodinodude
    @Terrabyte
    @TheDominator37
    @dwlee99
    @bayleef0909
    @skydeli

Player list:
    1. Wigmaster
    2. Danger100ish
    3. Atoriax
    4. DragonKing87
    5. xXDeathDragonXx
    6. xSpark_
    7.TheOneWarrior
    8. XCVigilance
    9. valetino0429
    10. Aerocync
    11. dudebo99
    12. mvemjsunp8
    13. Natias180
    14. Bayleef0909
    15. DavidYugiFireMon
    16. Shadow Hunter
    17. Spider7550
    18. TheDominator37
    19. Dinodinodude
    20. dwlee99
    21. AceOfGrace
    22. ravenmocker98
    23. Humphrey
    24. Terrabyte
    25. Hexx_
    26. Thaumstick
    27. PhantomCobalt
    28. Cheetah897
    29. The_Machine_5000
    30. Nathanthe123
    31. Conrade

Back-ups:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Juswwj
    1ST MOM GET THE CAMERA

MAFIA HYPE

• Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Dangerish

Dangerish Well-Known Member

Dangerish
    MVP+
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 1
  4. Atoriax

Atoriax Well-Known Member

Atoriax
    VIP+
    Mass tags don't work ;-;

Btw, you forgot to tag @skydeli. He said he wanted to join.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Atoriax

Atoriax
    VIP+
    Also, Mafia Hype!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. DragonKing87

DragonKing87 Well-Known Member

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    Mafia Hype :D

Also might want to post this link on the old thread :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. DragonKing87

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Wigmaster

Wigmaster Well-Known Member

Wigmaster
    MVP
    Can I sign up?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. DragonKing87

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hype Train Hype Train x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. DragonKing87

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    • Like x 2
    • Hype Train x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Gikkle

Gikkle Well-Known Member

Gikkle
    MVP
    Why you no tag me ;-;
    I want in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Gikkle

Gikkle Well-Known Member

Gikkle
    MVP
    Tags are broken, i didn't get the alert xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Atoriax

Atoriax
    VIP+
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Juswwj
    Sure thing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Gikkle

Gikkle Well-Known Member

Gikkle
    MVP
    Ausar, add me, and the player list has 0 players...

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Juswwj
    added lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. what about arsonist and sk?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Juswwj
    it may be added. I haven't posted the role list yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. DragonKing87

DragonKing87
    MVP+
    Ausar are you going to use the same 45 roles Dudebo did, or at least some of them?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Juswwj
    Around the same. However, like I have stated in the thread, I will add some special Hypixel-related roles :3

• Hype Train Hype Train x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.