1. thomasyk

thomasyk Active Member

thomasyk
    MVP+
    Try TRY
    Actually I think most people have experienced it
    2019-10-02_03.47.04.png
    And I just want to say , this is build battle and not designing battle , googling isn't breaking the rules and if you can completely copy that from google thats skills tho (At least it proves you can build fast).

2. Bout to say, being able to build with a reference isnt no skill, infact its a lot of skill to be able to transform an irl thing into a block game almost identical especially with the small timer.

3. thomasyk

thomasyk Active Member

thomasyk
    MVP+
    Try TRY
    umm I mean googling real image in the thread actually lol
    (I tried to google minecraft build but they are all trash)

4. Googling is a useful tool to find out the shape of something, color pallet, perhaps get texturing ideas etc. When i google, i google real images and build accordingly.

What i dont agree with tho, is people copying stuff off google block for block. Thats uninspired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. still, taking inference isnt bad

6. I agree - I tend to Google organic things for 'zoo' or 'mythical' - I usually need to get the pallete right on a tiger, or get the perfect shape for a kraken.

7. I still don't get the looking up hate. Don't most people use references in any form of art?

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. That’s so true well said!

9. When people accuse others of google they aren't saying "How dare you google a reference!" they're accusing you of googling a build online and copying it from google. idk why google accusations are a thing since no one who is actually good at the game does it and anyone who does is so bad it doesn't even matter.

10. Greninja

Greninja Well-Known Member

ItsTUF
    MVP++
    That's the worst attempt to justify copying builds that I've ever seen. Copying requires no skill or talent

11. Maybe for pixel art, but for 3D it probably wouldn't be easy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Nazali_

Nazali_ New Member

nazaLi
    MVP++
    I wouldn’t consider it a talent but there is nothing wrong with getting a little inspo :p

13. you dont get to see the whole 3d model, so you have to make up the rest from the thing ur given

14. Have you ever tried copying a 3D build online - it might be easy for buildings or pixel art, but it's harder than building from memory with things like organics.

• Like Like x 1
  15. True, but theres a fine line between referncing an copying existing builds, as is common in solo mode with dudes making pixelart

16. So? Who cares if people build pixel art?

17. If a copy and pasted pixelart from Google wins over a genuinely good build (not uncommon in solo mode) then yes, people should care.

Google is supposed to give us inspiration, not block by block instructions. We have Pixel Painters for pixelart.

18. thomasyk

thomasyk Active Member

thomasyk
    MVP+
    Try TRY
    I never vote fair to pixelarts tho xd (Unless the theme is pixelart but I usually leave when the theme is trash like that)

19. when people take an exact replica of a pixel art online, that’s when it’s not a good show of skill but if somebody is taking a 3D model of a build, or even an irl image and converting it into their own build in under 5 minutes, that’s a pretty good display of skill.

• Agree Agree x 1