1. Lectra

Lectra Active Member

Lectra
    MVP+
    I created this thread on the basis that I think I have the best way to make sure you don't pick the wrong kit for the mode you're playing. The two basic questions you must ask first are:

Are the items easy or hard to obtain?
    Is this kit a fast or slow one?

Solo Mode:
    Lets start with the first question. This usually means that if you play insane mode, any kits that give you low level items like Armorer and Knight will be bad (sorry :(). Gold armor doesn't do much when you're fighting someone with a sharpness II diamond sword. Knight's sword is basically an iron sword so you are guaranteed a better weapon (Sharp 1 stone sword is the worst you can get in insane and it deals 6.25 while Knight's sword deals 6).

As for the second question, a "fast" kit is one that either helps you get to mid very quickly or helps you kill others early in the game. Some good examples would be Ecologist and Hunter. This question makes setting a standard a bit harder because its they way you play that ultimately determines what your best play style is. Usually for insane, fast kits are the way to go because all the good loot is at the middle.​

I'll compile a list of good and bad kits for solo regular/insane below (All my opinion, they may be amazing and work well with you):

(Key)
    Hard - Not easy to obtain on the map
    Easy - Easy to obtain on the map
    Fast - "Fast" as said above
    Slow - "Slow" kit as said above​

Regular mode:
    Armorsmith - Hard + Slow (Diamond helmet is pretty good for regular)
    Cannoneer - Hard + Slow
    Farmer - Easy + Slow (90% of people gets eggs or snowballs)
    Speleologist - Easy + Slow
    Enchanter - Hard + Slow
    Fisherman - Easy + Slow
    Hunter - Hard + Fast (Very few people find bows in their chests but its still possible)
    Armorer - Hard + Fast (This is largely an early game kit)
    Knight - Hard + Fast
    Ecologist - Easy + Fast
    Pyro
    - Hard + Slow
    Snowman - Hard + Slow (Unless you're on a map with very small islands)
    Troll - Hard + Slow (The only time I ever get to use the tnt is at the end when I surround a camper in it)​
    Insane mode:
    Armorsmith - Hard + Slow (Diamond helmet is still really good)
    Cannoneer - Hard + Slow
    Farmer - Easy + Slow (Dont even use this kit)
    Speleologist - Easy + Slow (Everyone gets like 10 diamond pickaxes)
    Enchanter - Hard + Slow (Pretty good late game if you have a lot of time)
    Fisherman - Easy + Slow (Same as farmer)
    Hunter - Easy + Fast (The only way you'll get a kill with this is on an afk person or someone bridging)
    Armorer - Easy + Fast (Really cute)
    Knight - Easy + Fast (Everyone ha a better sword then you now)
    Ecologist - Easy + Fast (Make sure you get to mid REALLY fast)
    Pyro - Hard + Slow
    Snowman - Hard + Slow (Don't be this guy)
    Troll - Hard + Slow (The only time I ever get to use the tnt is at the end when I surround a camper in it)

Team Mode:
    For team mode, I'd first like to say that you having to help someone else in this mode allows for a whole new set of standards, while not ignoring the old ones. The point is to make your TEAM strong, not just part of it. In the early game this can be difficult because you spawn on an island that only has enough stuff for one person (Which is where the kits come in!).

Lets address that first question again. Just like in solo, if a kit's items are easily obtainable, it usually isn't a good kit. Guardian is made up of items that are basically impossible to get. You can argue that you can just mine obsidian from lava buckets and find eggs in a chest but having it in a kit you spawn with makes it a force to be reckoned with (So long as you get a weapon).​

For the second question we always ask ourselves, make sure you never get two slow kits. If you're on a standoff map (Like the ice one (I'm looking up the name for it)) Two strong, slow kits may come in handy. Usually a good balance is the melee + archer combo I was talking about earlier. Two meleers is never a bad thing either. The problem with that though is that in the early game you never really get enough armor for the both of you (Thank you armorer). The main goal of the game is to get to middle and kill everyone else off so usually fast kits are the way to go (Scout and Ecologist can be amazing).

These are my thoughts on the kits for Team Mode:
    (Key)
    Hard - Not easy to obtain on the map
    Easy - Easy to obtain on the map
    Fast - "Fast" as said above
    Slow - "Slow" kit as said above​

Normal mode:
    Hunter - Hard + Fast (A good use for this kit is to have one teammate on melee and the other using a bow to help from behind)
    Guardian - Hard + Slow (If you get a weapon and armor this kit is god-tier)
    Armorsmith - Hard + Slow (Can be a fast kit if your teammate covers you while you make a sharpness sword and you use the hunter synergy along with that)
    Speleologist - Easy + Slow (Unless you plan on camping on your island don't use this kit)
    Enchanter - Hard + Slow (Very good if you're given the time to enchant everything)
    Healer - Hard + Slow (It increases your survivability if you and your teammate cover each other so you're given a chance to use the potions)
    Ecologist- Easy + Fast (Overall good for getting to middle)
    Scout - Hard + Fast (I like this kit for normal, speed pvp is amazing)
    Armorer - Easy + Fast (Good for team normal, Give your friend all your extra armor though!)
    Baseball-player - Easy + Slow (This one is very confusing because its only ever helpful in some situations)
    Snowman - Hard + Slow (Again, don't be this guy)
    Knight - Hard + Fast (Good for normal, give your teammate the extra weapon)
    Cannoneer - Hard + Slow​
    Insane mode:
    Hunter - Easy + Fast (Usually islands will get bows)
    Guardian - Hard + Slow (Still pretty good but the mobs are weaker at this level)
    Armorsmith - Hard + Slow (That diamond sword though...)
    Speleologist - Easy + Slow (Even worse at this level)
    Enchanter - Hard + Slow (Still very good at this level, maybe even better)
    Healer - Easy + Slow (There are a lot of gold apples so this loses its value in insane)
    Ecologist- Easy + Fast (Overall good for getting to middle)
    Scout - Hard + Fast (Speed pvp in insane is too fun)
    Armorer - Easy + Fast (Gold armor isn't too great in insane)
    Baseball-player - Easy + Slow (There are better knockback weapons than this(SLIMEBALLLL))
    Snowman - Hard + Slow (DON'T BE THIS GUY)
    Knight - Easy + Fast (Pretty bad weapon for insane so long as you get another weapon)
    Cannoneer - Hard + Slow (Blow everything up)
    I'm currently working on adding the Mega Kits! :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Lectra

Lectra Active Member

Lectra
    MVP+
    Don't forget to please give feedback! :D

3. no rily bad no1 cars

4. KAD7

KAD7 Well-Known Member