Hypixel consists of a team that contribute & collaborate remotely from around the world, with members ranging from games industry newcomers to 15+ year veterans. The staff have a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for games and ensuring that our players are happy.
What started originally as an adventure map server has in essence become its own game studio. Work has commenced on our own standalone titles, so be aware that your application could see you either working on the Minecraft Server or one of our top secret new projects.
We are currently 60+ Strong, and we cover all of the traditional roles of game development. Art, Programming, Production, Design and so on. The three key qualities we look for in applicants are
- “Self Driven”
- “Has a history of doing cool stuff”
- “Cares about Players”
A few Stats
- 64k+ Concurrent Players
- 737K+ Daily Unique Logins
- 10M+ Total Unique Logins
- 550K+ YouTube Subscribers
- 520K+ Twitter Followers
- 1M+ Facebook Likes
- 110K+ Daily Unique Forum Visitors
Some Tips before applying.
Show us what you’ve done relevant to the area in which you are applying, you can do this via YouTube videos, screenshots, websites, links to GitHub. We will not compile and run any code examples for initial review of applicants.
Failing to get a response unfortunately means we are not interested in pursuing this application. Due to the high volume of applicants we can’t reply to each by hand.
Think of an application like an elevator pitch for yourself, keep it short, snappy and provide the wow factor up front! An example of a bad application is where you say “contact me if you’d like to see examples of my work.”
Please be aware that you need to be at least 18 years old to apply.
Our Application Process
Volunteer Team Openings
For Applications to our Volunteer Helper Program please find more information here.
Current Job Openings
Foley Artist / SFX Artist - REMOTE
- Technically minded & can also perform sound integration using custom built tech
- Has a portfolio of integrated sound effects - or demoable games.
- Is not limited to one genre type of sounds. UI Effects / RPG Style Effects (both modern and retro!) / Gun Style as examples.
- Bonus points if you have also scored some videos + trailers etc
- Bonus points if can also do some vocals
- Very versatile and adapt easily to new challenges + changing timelimes
- Able to work full time
- True knowledge of gaming and gamer culture (you will be deeply tested on this!)
- Someone who experiences joy from creation.
- Points distributed in both the creative and logical skill trees.
- We have a composer on project - but bonus points if you can write / read music!
We can offer
- Chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Stable and secure work environment
- Ability to work remotely - work whenever you want.
Apply for this opening