The Infection - Zombie Apocalypse Mod!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Mods' started by Tynarus, Nov 8, 2012.

Tynarus New Member

The Infection Mod
    Minecraft 1.4.2

Here's a great review of the mod from Stuboh95! [IMG]

Click here to get up to the minute updates on the mod and more via Twitter!

Introduction

Welcome to The Infection mod! This mod is basically... A zombie apocalypse. But also has many other features!
    • Only zombies, wolves, squid, slimes, villagers, silverfish, and witches will spawn.
      • All Nether mobs will spawn in the Nether.
      • All End mobs (Endermen, Ender Dragon) will spawn in the End (only).
      • Mob Spawners will still spawn mobs that have otherwise been removed.
    • The zombie spawn rate has been increased a ton.
    • The zombies in the mod aren't vanilla Minecraft zombies, they're my own type of zombies!
    • Zombies have different rare loot drops, from iron ingots to string. There are others of course, but I'll leave you to find them. [IMG]
    • Zombies will spawn anywhere! Day or night, light or dark, inside or outside, they don't care! If you leave your house for a bit, be weary when you return, as a Walker may have found its way inside while you were away!
      • There is a craftable torch you can make to prevent zombies from spawning within a 7 block radius of it! This torch will also catch any zombies on fire that come within that 7 block radius.
    • Multiple types of zombies:
      • Walkers: These are the basic zombies. Faster and a bit weaker than the vanilla Minecraft zombies, but they spawn in large numbers and groups! They can easily gang up on ya if you aren't careful!
      • Beefers: Large fat disgusting zombies. They vomit at you from a distance and will chase you at a very slow speed, but if they get close enough their melee attack does a lot of damage! They auto-retaliate when hit and are tough to take down even when decked out in full iron armor. These do not spawn nearly as often as Walkers, but can, and often do, spawn in groups of 2-4.
      • Infected Villagers: These are Villagers that have been killed by other zombies. They are faster than Walkers and have more health, but are a lot weaker attack-wise. They will never de-spawn (like Villagers) but will stray away from their old village. They do NOT spawn naturally and will only appear when a normal villager is killed by a zombie.
    • A new ore and gem that each come with their own new set of tools.
      • Tyanite: A metal tougher than iron, though not very rare. It can be found below level 45 or so. This metal is used in almost all new items introduced with the mod. Tyanite tools get around 500 uses before breaking.
      • Enhanced Diamond: A very precious and somewhat expensive gem! This gem costs 4 diamonds, 1 emerald, and 4 tyanite ingots to create just 1. These gems can be grafted into a sword and tools as well (like tyanite can) and are far superior to diamond tools! These tools work quickly and get 10,000 uses before breaking! They also have the chance to get better enchantments than diamond tools.
    This mod DOES work on servers and LAN servers as well!

Features & Updates

Revision 4
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.4.5 (with a 1.4.2 version added as well!).
    • Fixed a bug where zombies would NOT spawn in certain biomes.
    • Fixed the Beefer hit-box being too small.
    • Added the Tyanite ore/ingot/block/tools.
    • Added the Enhanced Diamond gem/block/tools.
    • Added a new torch that will prevent zombies from spawning within a 7 block radius and will burn any zombies that enter that radius.
    • Updated things to do with Villagers:
      • Villagers will now run away from zombies when HIT by them!
      • When a villager is killed it will now turn into an Infected Villager, these do NOT de-spawn.
      • Infected Villagers are faster and have more health than Walkers, but have a weaker attack power.
    • Made Walkers a tad bit faster.
    • Made Beefers drop leather quite frequently, since it was previously un-attainable.
    • Re-added squids, since ink-saks were un-attainable.
    • Made Endermen able to spawn in The End.
    • Removed the add-on functionality. Sorry! May re-add this if a large portion of users request it back.
    Revision 3
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.4.2.
    • Fixed a bug where vanilla mobs would still spawn in certain biomes.
    More updates...

Screenshots

[IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]

Installation

This mod requires Minecraft Forge!
    • Backup your .Minecraft folder!
    • Navigate to your .Minecraft/bin/ and open up your Minecraft.jar file.
    • Delete META-INF.
    • Download and install Minecraft Forge.
    • Download your desired zip files of The Infection Mod and its required minimum version of Forge from here.
    • Put the downloaded zip file (TheInfectionMod.zip or TheInfectionMod_0.0.0.zip) into your .Minecraft/mods/ folder.
    • Done! Load up Minecraft and have fun!

License

This mod and document are copyright © 2012 and is the intellectual property of Tynarus™, who will be referred to as the "Owner" henceforth. This content may not be hosted or displayed anywhere other than Tynarus.com, TheInfectionMod.com, MinecraftForum.net, or Hypixel.net without prior written consent from the Owner. Mod reviews are allowed permitted Tynarus is informed of them before or after their creation.
    jettfencott and NanoByte like this.
    • Iron Supporter

VebbiHD Cow

Tynarus New Member

Yeah, went a bit overboard I guess. Should really add a "tl;dr" near the top or bottom. :(

EDIT: There, put the bit of extra info into a quote, how's that? :p

Tynarus New Member

I have the mod basically ready for 1.4.4 but I think I'll be waiting until Mojang releases MC 1.4.5 on Tuesday, less updating. :p Plus I have a literal truck-load of features I'm working on for the next update! :) ...That aren't finished yet, but are getting there. Should easily be done by Tuesday.

Thanks for the post!

EDIT:

Plus the mod uses Forge. ;) Not to mention that was a spam message, but oh well.

Tynarus New Member

Updates are here! Many lovely updates! [IMG]
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.4.5 (with a 1.4.2 version added as well!).
    • Fixed a bug where zombies would NOT spawn in certain biomes.
    • Fixed the Beefer hit-box being too small.
    • Added the Tyanite ore/ingot/block/tools.
    • Added the Enhanced Diamond gem/block/tools.
    • Added a new torch that will prevent zombies from spawning within a 7 block radius and will burn any zombies that enter that radius.
    • Updated things to do with Villagers:
      • Villagers will now run away from zombies when HIT by them!
      • When a villager is killed it will now turn into an Infected Villager, these do NOT de-spawn.
      • Infected Villagers are faster and have more health than Walkers, but have a weaker attack power.
    • Made Walkers a tad bit faster.
    • Made Beefers drop leather quite frequently, since it was previously un-attainable.
    • Re-added squids, since ink-saks were un-attainable.
    • Made Endermen able to spawn in The End.
    • Removed the add-on functionality. Sorry! May re-add this if a large portion of users request it back.
    Those are the basics of it, please check out the news article, the about page, or the first post in this thread for a more detailed list of new features! Thanks!

NanoByte New Member

This looks like a nice mod. Haven't yet to try it since I have other priorities but i will.
    Some ideas:

New Biome eg. A city? A wasteland? (it is a zombie apocalypse)
    New Textures eg. Not just one texture for the zombie?

And with Forge your possibilities are endless ><

There is a lot more i can see happening to this mod.

shhkapuppy New Member

Awesome mod! Will you be adding support for 1.6?

jettfencott Well-Known Member

this looks like a really good mod and if you don't mind I have a few ideas for you- maybe see about getting this compatible with other texture packs, make zombies smarter like in the zombie awareness mod e.g. zombies are attracted to light sources, make zombies spawn in large packs if the area is dark