How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Willy, Feb 5, 2013.

Willy New Member

Hypixel I'm one of your fans, I really like your adventure maps but there are some things that confused me. 1) How do you make the pressure plate invisible? 2) How do you spawn a certain amount of mobs in a specific spot? 3) I don't really get the BUD thing can you please explain?
    • Gold Supporter

Johni0702 Map Expert

1) There aren't any pressure plates which are invisible. (See first link in my signature -> Player Detecter)
    2) Using a custom mobspawner (To not make it spawn constantly, set the max/min spawn delay to very high while setting the current spawn delay to something very low e.g. 1)
    3) There are different ways of making a BUD in minecraft. In general I'd suggest you to search for it on YouTube. But unfortunately none of them will work with Juke Boxes in 1.5

Willy New Member

Thanks 1st and 3rd actually helps a lot, but I still have a question that how do you set the max/min spawn delay in MCedit and which filter should I use? And can you make a huge mountain with MCedit? How do you make people get dyed armor when we joined TF2 Game?
    • Gold Supporter

Johni0702 Map Expert

CreateSpawners

Yes, but I prefer VoxelSniper.
    Dyeing is part of the game. Giving it to the player is either done using dispenser or using custom spawners spawning the items. I hadn't had a closer look at the map so I can't tell you which one it is.
    In 1.5 if you use dispensers, the player will get the armor equipped automatically.

Willy New Member

Thank you, it helps me a lot. I need these information because me and my friend were making a PVP map with stories in it

Willy New Member

How do you make a sword unbreakable without enchant it?

Casper Active Member

Something with NBT-edit I believe? or INV-edit? Something like that
    • Team Member

Doxume Moderator & Team Member

Using an MCedit filter, or NBT editing program you can set the durability of the tool to a really high (Or maybe negative?) value, that should work.

Willy New Member

Which filter should I use to make a sword unbreakable without enchant it?

Eddy the Yeti Active Member

How should I put an achievement get thing under all my messages?:confused:
    • Administrator
    • Team Member

Rezzus Administrator

If you don't really know how to use nbtedit you can put your weapon in a dispencer then open the map with MCedit. Double click on the dispencer in mc edit and change de damage value to -30000

Casper Active Member

@Eddy the yeti you probably mean a signature, search for it on your profile page.

Willy New Member

Eddy the Yeti Active Member

Thanks! I'm going to hit the like button because you really helped me!