Hypixel - Minecraft Server and Maps
The Blocking Dead... Out now!
The Blocking Dead is a new Arcade mini-game, 100% free and 100% fun! You can join it via the Arcade Lobby sign board!
It features some new technologies that we will be making use of in the future, including a serverside texture-pack system. Once you join the game, you'll be prompted for the texture pack. You must press accept when prompted or the server will send you back to the lobby.
Due to the content of the game, the recommended age is 15 and above, however this is just a recommendation, not a requirement!
We've tried out some new ideas and processes with this game and we hope you enjoy it! Let us know in the comments if you do, we might consider more games with this style in the future! Likes for the trailer etc are good indicators for us as well! It's in your hands!
Having problems with joining because of the texture-pack or such? Check out this awesome thread by our helpful moderators!
Paintball UpdatePaintball Warfare was among one of the first few gamemodes to be released on the Hypixel Network - and unlike Quakecraft which aged like fine wine, Paintball Warfare aged more like a potato. I decided it was time for a serious update, so I spent the last few days completely revamping it's visual experience and re-balancing several features.
It's my hope these changes will hopefully attract more players to the Paintball Warfare gamemode as well as make it much easier and more fair for existing players. And yes, we're looking to add more Paintball maps, if you have any make sure to submit them to the Suggestions and Feedback section.
Chat messages were majorly revamped, your name in chat now reflects your team color, so you can easily see which team is purchasing what (which is especially useful for when someone buys a nuke.) Furthermore, we removed spammy messages such as the Fortune and Superluck messages, as they can sometimes double the amount of messages received for each kill.
Among other things, both the start game and end game messages were revamped. In the screenshot above you can see the new end game message, showing the winning team along with a new rankings section that lists the top three players (sorted by kills) from that game.
Following in the footsteps of Arena, you can now see the remaining time for active Killstreaks in your boss bar, certain Killstreaks outrank each other depending on their importance (for example, Force Field will overwrite Strong Arm.)
You can now see the cooldown on your hat's ability in your exp bar, with your level being the amount of seconds remaining until activation. Once ready to activate, your exp bar will proceed to blink, Mega Walls style.
- PaintballKitty: Like the hypixel and kevinkool hats, PaintballKitty now has an ability besides the constant Speed II it already supplies. You can now activate Speed III for a 5 second burst every 60 seconds.
- hypixel: Reduced the cooldown by 10 seconds, from 70 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Rezzus: Increased the cooldown by 15 seconds, from 65 seconds to 80 seconds.
- Normal: Reduced chance of firework effect from 33% to 25%.
- Endurance: Instead of each level adding one second, each level now adds 0.75 seconds. Reducing the maximum Endurance from 50 seconds to 37.5 seconds.
- Godfather: Instead of a maximum of 100, Godfather is now capped at level 50 (any existing purchases will remain 100% functional.) Furthermore, each team ingame is limited to a bonus of 100 lives, so larger groups can't come together and start games with +300 lives.
- To help prevent Hat spam at the beginning of the game, you now start with 1/4 of your Hat's cooldown.
Suggested reading music: click here.
Due to the astronomical amount of things changed over the last month, this changelog only contains changes not discussed in the August Mega Update thread posted a while back which covers all the new cosmetic features, rank benefits, Coin Mastery, Network Boosters and more. I invite you to read that if you’re curious about new EULA related features instead of the general changes to the network.
- Vanity Shop
- Iron Golems can now hold roses when spawned.
- Added a “Reset Wardrobe” for resetting your entire wardrobe at once.
- Added a Pumpkin Helmet inside the Wardrobe Builder for your dressing pleasure.
- Unlocked Spider, Witch, and Skeleton pets for 7,300 Hypixel Credits each.
- Added 32 Gadgets, from Poop Bombs to Trampolines to Rainbows - you name it, we have a Gadget for it.
- Added over 18 new Disguises, including the return of /horsemask and more!
- Unlocked the (MVP exclusive) Custom Fireworks section, this sexy piece of menu allows you to create up to 5 custom fireworks by selecting:
- Explosion effects.
- Explosion shape.
- Explosion colors.
- Fade colors.
- Flight duration.
- Changed Wardrobe Builder icon from Iron Ingot to Iron Chestplate.
- Renamed Vanity Tokens to Hypixel Credits.
- Added two brand spanking new maps and revamped two others, check them out!
- Added the new “City” map.
- Added a “ding” sound when killing players.
- Added the new blood effect from Dragon Wars.
- Spectator compass now shows selected Kit.
- Re-released the Random Kit, selects a random kit and earns you extra coins.
- You now respawn where you died instead of the lobby room.
- Overhauled the Kit Selector menu....
We have rolled the very last part of the "August Mega Update" live!
New cosmetic additions to Mega Walls!
- Mutations, Alternate Skill Effects and Warcries were added.
- This update is aimed at cosmetic upgrades just like Blitz Survival Games received.
- A dedicated balance update is to follow, however we did do some initial nerfs to Pigman in this patch.
- Miscellaneous section was added to the Lobby Shop, where you can unlock /surface /shout and pick axes.
- A small bug fix to Arcanist
- /who in Mega Walls now shows Team Member Counts rather than a list of names to lessen targeting
- Increases to base coin amounts (Note we seem to have a last minute bug to deal with for these, I will update the posts with the new amounts once that is fixed.)
- and more.. read on for info!
These are one of the most awesome sets of additions. Once unlocked and activated - any time you use your class skill, other players will see you transform into a different model. For example they will see you as a creeper when you start to explode!
Alternate Skill Effects
These can be used to customize your favorite classes, they replace the default effect of your skill. For example for the Shaman... his skill effect adds some cows that will fly around in his tornado!
There are 11 different Warcries added. They last for 30 seconds once you type /warcry. They activate when you hit opponents, and they will see your fearsome words of choice as you are battling them.
Pickaxe / Shout / Surface commands are now purchasable by everyone.
Remember if you had VIP/VIP+/MVP/MVP+ before August 1st , you will already have your corresponding unlocks.
There is also a new awesome cosmetic ability called "Firework : Player" that summons a firework that writes your name in the sky for all to see. This command is MVP+ only, and the switch that unlocks it will be flipped after some final testing.
Final Kills and Finishers
These cosmetic unlocks are coming soon to Mega Walls and Blitz Survival Games, these will available only to our MVP and MVP+ supporters. These perks allow you to finish off your opponents in style! The screenshot above should give you a good indication of what to expect!
Quick notes on Class Balance
We have another of our larger balance updates coming up soon! Our Hypixel Elites team has provided us a list full of good suggestions, before that however we wanted to do some immediate changes to address balance concerns after listening to feedback on the forums and in-game.
Reduced Burning Soul's Strength 1 duration from 2.5 seconds to 2.0 seconds.
Reduced Burning Soul's damage from 4.0 to 3.5 Damage per second (at Maximum Rank, lower ranks have smaller reductions)
Increased Pigman weakness from 2 to 4 while using burning soul.
More changes are likely follow in regards to Pigman (and to other classes as we work to balance the game as much as possible) - but we wanted to do an immediate nerf to make the Pigman at least a little less powerful, we think they will still a hero class to contend with however, so Pigman mains do not despair!
Arcanist, Shaman & Dreadlord
For our Arcanist, Shaman, and Dreadlord players, we had some major bugs to deal with for their alternate skill effects, as a result aren't able to release them with this post. These will come in the next few days. (Not with the next balance patch which may take a little longer)
There was a bug with the Arcanist where the beam could sometimes damage the person who cast it, this should no longer be happening.
As always, thanks for reading the patch notes, and be sure to report any bugs you find to our bug forum.
The August Mega Update has Arrived!
Todays Update Status
Blitz Survival Games: LIVE
(New Map: 'City' is Out! So are Auras / Taunts / Victory Dances)
Mega Walls: LIVE
Coins Mastery: LIVE
Coins store closure: LIVE
Other games: LIVE
Hypixel Credits: LIVE
Veteran Reward: LIVE
Network Booster: LIVE
The Summary (For those that don’t wish to read this big long post!)
- Major changes are happening because of requirements set by Mojang that must be in place by August 1st
- No one is going to be losing anything they have unlocked already.
- Everyone; Donor and Non Donor alike can still play together in ALL games.
- There will be no access fees for the server, ever.
- All gameplay affecting content is now unlockable by all ranks. Kits and such.
- All users who supported the server by getting a rank on or previous to August 1st are getting Veteran Rewards (Check below for information!)
- Coin Mastery has been added to the server (those already with ranks will get a starting value)
- New and cool cosmetic gadgets have been added to the lobbies, MVP’s get a lot of these unlocked with their ranks!
- The store has been entirely overhauled. The coin shop is being closed and we’ve added Hypixel Credits and soon Network Boosters! Check it out at http://store.hypixel.net
- All games have either received, or are receiving in the next few weeks, large updates that add more cosmetics as well as fun and fair features to ensure that the ranks are still worth getting.
- Blitz and Megawalls specifically already got huge updates (Read below for info!)
A Special Message from the Hypixel Development team
Before outlining the changes, We the dev team just want to say how proud we are all of our community - the reaction to these changes has been overwhelmingly positive. This positive energy is really what fueled us to be able to change so much so quickly, without the backing of the community we would be nothing.
1 month ago when the new requirements were announced, everyone seemed to have a negative outlook. The view however has been turned around 180 degrees.
There were times that we felt insulted as developers when people would dismiss our server as “Pay2Win” and not look at all of the amazing things beyond that. This is no longer a problem, and we are very excited and ready for an even better future. The entire team is hungry to get back to work as normal, and hopeful that your reaction will be even more positive after seeing these changes!
So thank you for this amazing support that we received! Donor and non-donor alike. We are very honored that the reception has been positive from both!
Everyone can now unlock 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x coin multipliers by achieving network levels!
Those who already had ranks with multipliers before or on August 1st, will already have their corresponding mastery level...
Page 1 of 22